Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi (37088 Views)

Pogba Dancing At His Brother's Wedding While Manchester United Play Everton / EUROPA LEAGUE! Napoli Boss Ancelotti Warn Arsenal Ahead Of 2nd Leg / Everton Boss Ronald Koeman Hits Back At Jose Mourinho Jibe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by robosky02(m): 12:03am On Mar 13, 2021
Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti has said Alex Iwobi should tell him face-to-face where he prefers to play at the club rather than resort to cryptic complaints on social media.

Iwobi marked his selection for Nigeria’s forthcoming internationals against Benin and Lesotho with an Instagram post on Tuesday that read: “Always an honour to get a call up to my national team. Hopefully I get to play in my preferred position.”

The versatile winger did not specify whether he was referring to club or country.
Ancelotti rarely criticises his players in public but has been bemused by Iwobi’s comment

The Everton manager, who has played the £34m signing in several roles, cited Andrea Pirlo as an example of the benefits of more open communication.

“I read the post. I want to speak to him, of course,” said Ancelotti.

“I want to know his preferred position because usually I want to put a player on the pitch where they are comfortable to play, not where they are uncomfortable to play. If he has an idea of where he prefers to play I have to know, I want to know. I would be delighted to know his preferred position and I’ll put him in his preferred position for sure, no doubt.

“I am going to tell him: ‘Tell me, I am your manager, tell me where you want to play’. When I thought to put Pirlo as a holding midfielder I asked him: ‘Do you like to play there or not?’. ‘Yes’, he said to me, ‘I’d love to play there’ and so I put him there. If he wants to play number 10 or number nine I’ll put him at number 10 or number nine no problem. I can adapt the system.”
https://www.completesports.com/say-where-you-want-to-play-ancelotti-tells-iwobi/

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by Kennyking1234: 3:50am On Mar 13, 2021
Wow, first ftc since joining nairaland. I dedicate this FTC to all the hardworking youths out there... Keep up the good work.

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by kingsoncj: 3:50am On Mar 13, 2021
Good for him
Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by RapistOnBail: 3:50am On Mar 13, 2021
Why would I play in a country that clearly hates blacks.

I prefer to play for all these better clubs in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by Jestin: 3:51am On Mar 13, 2021
Listening Boss.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by JuanJO(m): 3:51am On Mar 13, 2021
Iwobi make this man no change mind go play you North Central embarassed embarassed embarassed make you no go jam Banditry and and killer herdsmen grin grin grin

201 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by VirginSearcher(m): 3:52am On Mar 13, 2021
The guy is done with football

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by otipoju(m): 3:52am On Mar 13, 2021
Spineless player !!!
Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by Penguin2: 3:53am On Mar 13, 2021
Ancelotti is a good man.

Try that with Mourinho and you are canceled grin

192 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by Fxwarrior: 3:54am On Mar 13, 2021
grin

Over to you, Iwobi. Where do you wish to play?

Which position? Start talking.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by Enoch07: 3:57am On Mar 13, 2021
maybe number 10 role or on the bench, because they have better players in that role already James Rodriguez for instance

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by AdemolaA2: 3:59am On Mar 13, 2021
Guess never 10 would serve him better for a better performance.

2 Likes

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by mankan2k7(m): 3:59am On Mar 13, 2021
Dulladdinh-o shall die a painful death.
May all d BMC know no peace

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by Oris4show(m): 4:00am On Mar 13, 2021
This is what we called a manager

Not some other way round called manager that exchange banters with his own player on internet

Thank God I didn’t mention names before they come for my head grin grin cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by Rajosh(m): 4:04am On Mar 13, 2021
average player

1 Like

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by franugo(m): 4:06am On Mar 13, 2021
Noted....now let's go back to the fuel price hike cause this isn't a joking matter

8 Likes

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by Emptoluwani: 4:07am On Mar 13, 2021
SOROSOKE
Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by PAWG(m): 4:10am On Mar 13, 2021
grin
Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by tellwisdom: 4:14am On Mar 13, 2021
I most time feel ashamed watching this guy play.
No coordination on the field of play- You can hardly feel his impact- goal sense Na zero. Just run and kick; yet he was smuggled into National team just to occupy space meant for Onye egbu dem.( Men wey sabi).
Ance, Abeg drop this guy; sign Assisat oshoala angry

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by Uyi168: 4:14am On Mar 13, 2021
Funny enough, Alex iwobi nor Sabi where hin dey play...

sad

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by thundafire: 4:15am On Mar 13, 2021
RapistOnBail:
Why would I play in a country that clearly hates blacks.

I prefer to play for all these better clubs in Nigeria.
shut up that's how poverty starts.

21 Likes

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by Enoch07: 4:16am On Mar 13, 2021
AdemolaA2:
Guess never 10 would serve him better for a better performance.
then what will happen to sigurdson, Andre Gomes and James Rodriguez?

6 Likes

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by Enoch07: 4:17am On Mar 13, 2021
Uyi168:
Funny enough, Alex iwobi nor Sabi where hin dey play...

sad
that's the problem

6 Likes

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by RapistOnBail: 4:20am On Mar 13, 2021
thundafire:
shut up that's how poverty starts.
Why u go tell me to shut up? Na your mouth I use talk?

15 Likes

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by Bigredmachine: 4:23am On Mar 13, 2021
he should go and play number 1 position, na there fit am grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by kollinz1234(m): 4:27am On Mar 13, 2021
Las Las this Alex iwobi will just turn to another Victor Moses; everyone knows they have the potential but they never fully actualize it. Iwobi is just growing fat and giving flimsy excuses.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by recievesense: 4:27am On Mar 13, 2021
JuanJO:
Iwobi make this man no change mind go play you North Central embarassed embarassed embarassed make you no go jam Banditry and and killer herdsmen grin grin grin
grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by captainamiedi1: 4:30am On Mar 13, 2021
Try these with mourinho or pep. Sorry is your name. Pep is even wicked than mourinho.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Where You Want To Play - Everton Boss Ancelotti Tells Iwobi by HacheNoire: 4:33am On Mar 13, 2021
He should make a move to Los Angeles Lakers

Players like Dwight Howard and Lebron James will make him bang in more goals

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Qualify For Semifinals At U17 Women World Cup In India after beating USA / "Baby First Flight" - Kenneth Omeruo Shares Cute Photo Of His Wife And Baby Girl / Fans Watch Football Match In Flood In Bayelsa (Video & Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.