Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall (42773 Views)

Mirabel Obi: Gustavo Cubana To Send Money To UNN Student Twerker For Expulsion / Obi Mirabel: UNN Student To Be Expelled For Twerking In Bikini In A Competition / Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by HenryQuest(m): 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2021
A 300 level Biochemistry student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), Mba Daniel, was on Saturday, confirmed dead after committing suicide, VANTAGE NEWS reports.

Our correspondent gathered that the student apparently made different attempts to take his own life between Wednesday and Friday before he eventually succeeded in hanging himself.

VANTAGE NEWS learnt that his phone was seized by a lecturer on examination supervision duty after he was caught cheating with it while writing BCH 353 exam on Wednesday, 10th March.

Daniel’s course mates who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that he last came to school after the incident on Wednesday. Some of them believe his quest to take his own life was due to depression that he suffered after he was caught engaging in examination malpractice.

His lodge mates at his residence in the Odim Gate area of the university community where the ugly incident happened told VANTAGE NEWS that Hypo bleach mixed with dye, hair relaxer and Captain Jack liquor were found in his room.

They also reported that rope tied in the ceiling of his room, knife, syringe and belt were also found.

According to them, it seemed he had attempted to take his life through the items but was unsuccessful.

Daniel eventually hung himself at the balcony in the second floor of the three storey building where he fell from the rope and landed on the floor, suffering a broken leg.

He was rushed by neighbours to a nearby hospital where he was confirmed dead in the early hours of Saturday.

Confirming the incident, the President of the Nigerian Society of Biochemistry Students, UNN chapter, Silas Ijaja, said, “the information reaching me through the closest person is that the guy attempted to kill himself with corrosive chemical, relaxer and strong ethanol he mixed and drank but it did not work. He then used rope to hang himself from the balcony of his room where he fell from and fractured his leg. He was rushed to the hospital and confirmed dead on Saturday.

“It is obvious he died of depression over the incident that happened in exam hall on Wednesday. It may not also be unrelated to his inability to cope with the pressure of the ongoing examination. We have a lot to read and write this period and it is driving so many students into depression,” he added.

All efforts made to contact the Head of the Biochemistry department and school authority prove abortive.

SOURCE: https://vantagenews.ng/2021/03/13/300-level-unn-student-commits-suicide-after-his-phone-was-seized-in-exam-hall/

4 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
He got it very wrong

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by RRodwave(m): 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2021
No amount of depression will make me take my life, e no get duplicate

For some people quoting me that i never jam

So you mean say what the boy did was right

See ehh for this life e no get person wey don suffer
depression pass the other

If you talk say you don suffer am , check around you go see people wey don suffer am pass you

E get some people wey don suffer depression Pass this boy but dem no kill themselves

Abeg try to dey discourage suicide

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by immortalcrown(m): 9:31pm On Mar 13, 2021
Suicide is becoming too much in UNN, and I do not think depression and frustration are the cause. I hear that all the students that have died by suicide in the school were doing well academically. I suspect occultism.

34 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by longetivity(m): 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2021
He killed himself to avoid shame.

RIP MAN

42 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by pozehnani(f): 11:00pm On Mar 13, 2021
Why? Is it to escape shame or what?

The youth of today lack resillience, big time.

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by effido666: 11:04pm On Mar 13, 2021
I'm I stupid, foolish or insane dat i wil foolishly take my own life ?........nothing......I mean nothing can ever make me kill myself by myself ......neverrrrrr !!!

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Karlovych: 11:11pm On Mar 13, 2021
embarassed embarassed Stupid boy, a weak generation of youths that spend most of their time on irrelevant nonsense instead of focusing on their education, no wonder dunderheads are ruling them while the smart and focused ones start from their undergraduate days to plan their future.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by HenryQuest(m): 3:56am On Mar 14, 2021
effido666:
I'm I stupid, foolish or insane dat i wil foolishly take my own life ?........nothing......I mean nothing can ever make me kill myself by myself ......neverrrrrr !!!

Na so o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by BlackPantherxXx: 5:51am On Mar 14, 2021
Rest in Peace/ Pieces....poor boy undecided

The time he spent trying to commit suicide in different ways should have been spent studying and not trying to cheat. undecided

Lessons for the living. He's gone.

17 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Quality20(m): 6:38am On Mar 14, 2021
university filled with igbos both as levturers n students being called University of Nigeria! Dont worry by d time Kanu comes with biafra, he gonna change it to biafra university

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by gambia(m): 7:34am On Mar 14, 2021
That's so stupid of him, he has thrown his immediate family into an unnecessary mourning.

6 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by savageyoungboy(m): 7:53am On Mar 14, 2021
This is so sad
Don't get attached to things...wetin go be go be
Work hard and always learn from your mistakes
Nobody is perfect
Even some people wey get first class nor be the first class dere tey dey chop money today
Never give up no matter how hard life gets

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by CheedyJ(m): 8:01am On Mar 14, 2021
So sad.. I will never blame anyone who commits suicide but I will never take mine sha .. I no fit help death do him work oo... rip young blood..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by TayehJiboluwa(m): 8:05am On Mar 14, 2021
effido666:
Amen

2 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by obonujoker(m): 8:18am On Mar 14, 2021
He's a foolish boy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Privatepart00: 8:40am On Mar 14, 2021
He Can Commit The Crime But Cant Do The Time.Obvious He Experimented What He Learnt In School.Stop Giving Admission To The Young And Inexperienced,their Mental Faculty Cant Cope With Pressure.Hope He Had bleeped For Once ,else The Penis Just Wasted For Nothing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Bampeh: 8:47am On Mar 14, 2021
It's so sad he took his life, people will blame him for malpractice etc.
Its very frustrating attending all these government owned universities, these their sadist lecturers will frustrate your life excluding the frustration of being a Nigerian. How do you expect him to cope?

Bampeh sympathies with his friends and families.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Kingcalls: 8:47am On Mar 14, 2021
This young generation are the weakest set of humans...this is what being woke breeds

2 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:47am On Mar 14, 2021
This is pure depression and not just about the exams and phone seizing.

6 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by salbis(m): 8:47am On Mar 14, 2021
What a sad way to depart this terrestrial ball.

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by alingo2013(m): 8:48am On Mar 14, 2021
Children of nowadays are very stupid

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Stateoforigin: 8:48am On Mar 14, 2021
So many insensitive comments up there.

We all cannot react to situations the same way. That you're psychologically strong doesn't mean every one is.

Most of us in this country have some troubling issues bordering us on the inside but we just smile on the outside to save face.

RIP young blood.
I pray you find the peace you desire on the other side.

Suicide or not, we'll all die.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by ScamHunter: 8:48am On Mar 14, 2021
Why take the life you didn't give yourself? There is a purpose God brought you here and killing yourself is the greatest disaster that would befall you because you just foreclosed the possibility of repentance and perhaps a better, brighter future. You can never know tomorrow, so keep hope alive irrespective of circumstances and situations. Killing yourself sends you to hell ahead of even the preordained time. Hell is terrible not because of the sufferings there, but because of its permanence. A place where their worms never die and the fire is not quenched. Worm, which is the easiest animal to kill this side of eternity never dies there, how much more a man's soul created to be like God. DO NOT KILL YOURSELF. Don't ever do that!

2 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by omoadeleye(m): 8:48am On Mar 14, 2021
effido666:

So try and avoid every small issue as much as possible.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by saphiere(f): 8:48am On Mar 14, 2021
R.I.P
The lips though
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Uyi168: 8:49am On Mar 14, 2021
Common!..
There is more to it..

Haba..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by CivilzedTyger(m): 8:49am On Mar 14, 2021
Sometimes I get so frustrated that I'd consider taking my own life, but then I look around and ask "who go dey fvck all these fine fine girls for area?" I immediately change my mind and hope on God.

17 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Pio44: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2021
Too bad, for this sweet world, everybody will die someday but wait for d right time
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by MummyD2020(f): 8:50am On Mar 14, 2021
Quality20:
university filled with igbos both as levturers n students being called University of Nigeria! Dont worry by d time Kanu comes with biafra, he gonna change it to biafra university

Abeg make una help me see talk from a friend man

2 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Uyi168: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2021
RRodwave:
No amount of depression will make me take my life, e no get duplicate
Pray u dont get depressed in the first place..

And stop making mouth..

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 / The Robotic Dog AAUA Students Built As Project (Pictures) / Teacher Recounts His Seduction Experience In Female Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.