Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,106 members, 7,860,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:54 PM

What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? (13742 Views)

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / End Time Sign: Most Christians' Faith In God Is At All Time Low / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by pozehnani(f): 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

The first Nlder I'll clap for. Nice one.

cheesy.
It can only be God. Bro.

I give God the glory. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by EngrchidiG25(m): 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2021
The word that is making me afraid is Job statement in Bible what am afraid of has finally come upon me, it was when I was serving my boss years back like 2010 I thought my life can find joy but today all glory to God for is great mercies and blessings despite the fact that am not righteous God has just made me laugh.

2 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by femi4: 4:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
IamBroke:
I could still remember when I lost ma grandma and dad years ago.. things were hard,we barely eat infact most times we got feed by the neighbors..but I thank God today things are much better at least...

I almost lost ma faith in God but I am happy that God help me through...

So What almost broke your FAITH in GOD and how you overcame it?
Nothing
I understood quickly in life that good or bad, he ll always be God. Our situation does not affect his status

2 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by EBEk101(m): 4:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
when ai lost my two siblings even till now don't think my faith is as strong as it was
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by RuddyFusion(m): 4:10pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:
Too many unanswered prayers, I quit praying and start working more, building myself more, learning more skills and I start getting results and I say what's the point? Everything you prayed for doesn't happen until you work for it... then what's the point of the prayers? If I asked my earthly father's stuffs and he continuously doesn't give me until I work for it, what's the point of asking? let me start working for it since it's more effective than asking for it.

There are too many things we don't want to speak up both Christians and Muslims because we're too afraid of the hell threats... 50% of humans are serving God out of fear of hell, the rest 50% are serving God out of personal greed which is promised of heaven.

If you're down at accident scene with injuries, no amount of prayers will save you if you're not taking to hospital for medical attention
In sickness it's still the same
In needs your fellow humans will be at your mercy when you speak up or when they noticed the signs.

Maybe the Brain behind our existence Left us to our own faith,
Maybe he made us to be our own gods by having each others backs.

I've gotten to the stage I'm no longer afraid to ask questions, I've stopped buying that "you can't question God" lines pastors and preachers had been giving me... I've stopped buying "the portal and clay" analogy. Claim doesn't complain about how the portal mould it because it's an inanimate object with no consciousness... Don't expect me to be like that.

Don't mistake me for an atheist

This is to the extreme....

The scriptures never asked us to just pray and not work.....God works and while Jesus was on earth he worked all the time....

The scriptures said Watch and.pray that's the instructions...

Prayers works....and it has worked for me and still working...

You won't get answers if you're sinning

You won't get answers if you don't BELIEVE....you must believe and you must be a believer.....

Having said that let me give you few instances...

I resigned from my previous work place at the thick of Covid19 ...

Then had many interviews got to the final stages for 95% of those yet offers weren't coming...I had near offer issues .

I got tired, ingore some invite and then went to God I prayers ..

In fact I joined a deliverance session and within the same week I had two offers

By the end of that month, I had more offers

Offers with good pay and flexible working conditions that I was able to combine two of those....

And more kept coming that I have to turn them down

God answers prayers ...pray right and HE WILL ANSWER

8 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by tchidi066(f): 4:11pm On Mar 14, 2021
My travails in the higher institution, imagine finishing secondary school at an early age, spent years seeking admission, finally got admitted in one of the federal universities, then i started facing trials here and there, got homeless at a point, my parents having ceaseless financial setbacks, it got to the extent i could not pay fees and i was sent out for that, i never shed a tear, i collected my bestie's school fees receipt and impersonated her, infact its a long story, in all i give God the glory for where i am today and I know he is taking me to the peak, happy mothering Sunday to my mum and every other loving mothers out there.

4 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by ofiko123(m): 4:11pm On Mar 14, 2021
Nothing can break my faith in God... God is the greatest...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by LordKO(m): 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2021
Mariangeles:

What does SBNR stand for?

Spiritual But Not Religious.

3 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by specialmati(m): 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:

Let paint 3 scenarios and I need your HONEST answer.

1. I prayed for something, no results.ok can you give example on these every prayer has a result its either a no or a yes.like for an example you are a rich dad and you are very wealth you have a 6 yrs old son.now you went to france for shoping and your son prayed to you dad when coming back buy me lexus 350 2020 model.now knowning how wealth you are will you buy it for him to driver when his 6yrs old.
2. I worked for something, I got a results.anybody can work and get result the sun shines to both wicked and the righteous, whoever that sow reaps
3. I prayed and I worked for something, I got results.ya this is the best faith without work is dead when you pray for something there is part you are meant to play.example i prayed for God to give me a job and the next thing i started summiting cv"s to companies he will give it to me.another one i dont sick.i once sick when i was small and i prayed and tell God then that i dont ever want to be sick again and have faith in the finished work of christ by his strip am heal i said to God if you dont fall sick and you dont go to hosipital then me being your child i cant spend my money buying drugs then.so instead of using money to buy drugs i will give it to God and tell him to keep his part of our deal.

Study this 3 scenarios carefully and give your Honest opinion on scenario 3
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Bansempire: 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
IamBroke:
I could still remember when I lost ma grandma and dad years ago.. things were hard,we barely eat infact most times we got feed by the neighbors..but I thank God today things are much better at least...

I almost lost ma faith in God but I am happy that God help me through...

So What almost broke your FAITH in GOD and how you overcame it?
when I lost my dad
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by specialmati(m): 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
ibedun:
Africa is poor due to faith in God!!!

God is a product of man’s crazy imagination
grin grin grin grin ;Dplsam 14 vrs 1 says something there.it says The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God .no be me write it ooo
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Firstnebo: 4:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
CAPITALBEE:
Mine isn't completely lost tho... I would just say the enthusiasm has reduced!

I have it similar to you. Can you talk more on it?
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Koolyarn: 4:30pm On Mar 14, 2021
ibedun:

But there are so many developed countries who have faith in God as the source .

Need I remind you that more than 78 percent of Noble Prize winners ( highest science award) were Christians? Google it for yourself

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Firstnebo: 4:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
ibedun:

Africa is poor due to world's politics. It is man that dominates man.

I know you think that if Africa become more educated, they would be freed. But the truth is that education opens your eyes to the evils of the powers that be, it can't remove that evil.

America is not America because it's people are educated. It's America because the current world's politics favours it

If you are wise, go and study more on this. And your eyes will open to how the world powers, IMF, worldbank, etc, have been deliberately keeping Nigeria and Africa poor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Mariangeles(f): 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2021
LordKO:

Spiritual But Not Religious.

Oh. Never knew there was such a term.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by IamBroke(m): 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2021
Lucrativress:

"God gave us brain's so that we can give Him rest
I love this quote... sometimes we spend our time bothering God on things we can just use our brain

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by specialmati(m): 4:34pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:

Let paint 3 scenarios and I need your HONEST answer.

1. I prayed for something, no results
2. I worked for something, I got a results.
3. I prayed and I worked for something, I got results.

Study this 3 scenarios carefully and give your Honest opinion on scenario 3
1 ok can you give example on these every prayer has a result its either a no or a yes or wait. like for an example you are a rich dad and you are very wealth you have a 6 yrs old son.now you went to france for shoping and your son prayed to you dad when coming back buy me lexus 350 2020 model.now knowning how wealth you are will you buy it for him to driver when his 6yrs old.
2 anybody can work and get result the sun shines to both wicked and the righteous, whoever that sow reaps
3 ya this is the best faith without work is dead when you pray for something there is part you are meant to play.example i prayed for God to give me a job and the next thing i started summiting cv"s to companies he will give it to me.another one i dont sick.i once sick when i was small and i prayed and tell God then that i dont ever want to be sick again and have faith in the finished work of christ by his strip am heal i said to God if you dont fall sick and you dont go to hosipital then me being your child i cant spend my money buying drugs then.so instead of using money to buy drugs i will give it to God and tell him to keep his part of our deal.and dont forget this any prayer you prayed that is 100% responsiblity on God is not a good prayer you gat to do something

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
specialmati:
ggg
I asked for honest answers, but you're too afraid to give one. I lost interest in reading your when I start getting a familiar analogy of 6 years old. I'm not a baby to ask for irrelevant things or things I don't need at a time.

You've been very crafty with your answers and I am used to your kind of answers. I needed something different, but I know you'll be too afraid to give.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Firstnebo: 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
Casham:
Honestly, My Faith is broken, probably beyond repair already. Prayer is just a formality for me because I know nobody will answer. But I envy those with an unwavering faith. They have no idea the kind of peace of mind they got. None of my prayers ever seemed to be answered. I prayed for one thing for years but it only get worse. And now, this year, everything just broke. Years of my life wasted. And God said nothing. He did nothing. I ask the question 'Why?' more than a hundred times every day. I read the book " When God doesn't make sense" by Dr James Dobson over and over again. But I still can't understand why? Why is He always quite. I never believed in Hell, so I am not afraid to leave, but I am already addicted to the idea of God. I just finally choose to live on auto-mode. My life is in my hand now. I don't care anymore. God sees my heart: I am an honest and sincere doubter.

Is it addiction, or poverty?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by IamBroke(m): 4:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
Vokians:
Your Monika doesn't speak well of your Faith in God.

Nairaland is a weird place to be...lol
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by specialmati(m): 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kingsbridge:
Am still broken, God existence?
Well will always believe there is a creator and who ever he is i adore and needs his presence around me.
cool cool coolgood this is it whatever situation you are going through now he knows but want you to come discuss it with him like we do with our earthly father.so all you need to do now is go to him in prayer add fasting join tell him everything ask him for direction listen he will tell you what to do. dont be in a haste. God is never happy when things are not moving well with us just like your eartly father not going to be happy that things are not moving well for you.seek God with all your heart my dear you will find Him.God wants to see things work out for you,He want to see you happy.shalom
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2021
Nothing & I pray nothing will.

I work hard to get what I want & he always crowns my effort with success

Those days when things were dark, in times of danger, in times of need, he never left me, even when i prayed for something i didn't receive, he shows reasons why he didn't give it to me at that point in time and blesses me with more than I hope for later on.

Forget!!! God no UNGODLY.

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2021
RuddyFusion:

This is to the extreme....

The scriptures never asked us to just pray and not work.....God works and while Jesus was on earth he worked all the time....

The scriptures said Watch and.pray that's the instructions...

Prayers works....and it has worked for me and still working...

You won't get answers if you're sinning

You won't get answers if you don't BELIEVE....you must believe and you must be a believer.....

Having said that let me give you few instances...

I resigned from my previous work place at the thick of Covid19 ...

Then had many interviews got to the final stages for 95% of those yet offers weren't coming...I had near offer issues .

I got tired, ingore some invite and then went to God I prayers ..

In fact I joined a deliverance session and within the same week I had two offers

By the end of that month, I had more offers

Offers with good pay and flexible working conditions that I was able to combine two of those....

And more kept coming that I have to turn them down

God answers prayers ...pray right and HE WILL ANSWER
I know I'll get the usual lines "my prayers wasn't answered because of sins" but if I ask what was that sins I won't get an answer.

Why should you pray and work? Where is the God factor in that if your work for it?
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by specialmati(m): 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:

I asked for honest answers, but you're too afraid to give one. I lost interest in reading your when I start getting a familiar analogy of 6 years old. I'm not a baby to ask for irrelevant things or things I don't need at a time.

You've been very crafty with your answers and I am used to your kind of answers. I needed something different, but I know you'll be too afraid to give.
ok sorry if i didnt give you what you want can you just tell me one of those things that are relevant so i can give you a straight answer on that.the world is too big
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Samunique(m): 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2021
OgbanjeProphet:
I lost not only faith but also belief in God for like three days when I was first taught EVOLUTION in my Junior secondary school.

After series of encounters with the Divine, I can now question only the concept of God and not His existence.

But Covid-19 and Ebola made me to question the efficacy of most of our religious practices.

For example, Why am I being forced to wear face mask in the presence of God by the same people that teach me that God is above everything?

Why was the church, the dwelling place of the omnipotent God under lock and key during the lock down last year?

And why is it difficult for witch doctors who claim to possess the power to cure the incurable to produce cure for HIV, covid-19 etc?

Church didn't force you to wear a face mask , government did .

Alright ?

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by catloaded: 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2021
Promises unfulfilled
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by specialmati(m): 4:49pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:

I know I'll get the usual lines "my prayers wasn't answered because of sins" but if I ask what was that sins I won't get an answer.

Why should you pray and work? Where is the God factor in that if your work for it?
grin grin grin grin grin grin now am getting your point you think you working is even by you own power. grin grin grin grin chai,do you see how we think sometime .we think we work because we gat the strength to work. God is the one that give you the strength to even work don't forget that grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by God2man2again(m): 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2021
Nay, in all these things, I am more than conqueror through Christ that loved me.

I thank God. Everything is working together to favor me. Amen.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2021
specialmati:
ok sorry if i didnt give you what you want can you just tell me one of those things that are relevant so i can give you a straight answer on that.the world is too big
Let me give you a more "relevant" scenario.

As a person you loss your parents at your teenage when you were preparing for your higher institution, their death halted that ambition because they were to be your sponsor.
You prayed for a miracle, for a sponsor to show up. You've been dedicated and fervent in your prayers for 10 years and nothing happens. You woke up to reality that prayers aren't making no difference, you quit praying and start working towards sponsoring yourself, you did all kinds of hard labours, saved to achieve your ambitions, after 2 years of rigorous hard labours and saving... You take on your ambition and got your ambition... Can you you attribute this success to prayers or to your hard works? Please be honest and sincere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by specialmati(m): 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
Casham:
Honestly, My Faith is broken, probably beyond repair already. Prayer is just a formality for me because I know nobody will answer. But I envy those with an unwavering faith. They have no idea the kind of peace of mind they got. None of my prayers ever seemed to be answered. I prayed for one thing for years but it only get worse. And now, this year, everything just broke. Years of my life wasted. And God said nothing. He did nothing. I ask the question 'Why?' more than a hundred times every day. I read the book " When God doesn't make sense" by Dr James Dobson over and over again. But I still can't understand why? Why is He always quite. I never believed in Hell, so I am not afraid to leave, but I am already addicted to the idea of God. I just finally choose to live on auto-mode. My life is in my hand now. I don't care anymore. God sees my heart: I am an honest and sincere doubter.
i see ,ok forget whatever that have happened and do it again now let me give you an illustration when one falls sick he visit the hosipital and the doctor will give him some medicine he wiil go home taking those medication in the hope that he will get healed.now remember the medication for malaria is different from that of a kidney failure patients or a sickle cell,high bp patients. and the recovery period difers.and the patients have hope that he will get well in the process of taking his medication.so why give up on praying to God knowing fully well that he will answer you someday.the doctor (God ) the medication (Prayer) you cant stop your medication until you are fully healed no matter the long period then why stop praying.now go back to God and pray until you get result.shalom
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin now am getting your point you think you working is even by you own power. grin grin grin grin chai,do you see how we think sometime .we think we work because we gat the strength to work. God is the one that give you the strength to even work don't forget that grin grin grin grin grin
Very weak point of approach, I'm not here to talk about giver of strength, if to go that path there will be unending topics... We're talking about prayers and faith here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by cooooooks(m): 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
Lovely statement.

Your potter and clay analogy is very apt.

You're just 1 step closer to freedom from religious bere berism.

Offpoint1:
Too many unanswered prayers, I quit praying and start working more, building myself more, learning more skills and I start getting results and I say what's the point? Everything you prayed for doesn't happen until you work for it... then what's the point of the prayers? If I asked my earthly father's stuffs and he continuously doesn't give me until I work for it, what's the point of asking? let me start working for it since it's more effective than asking for it.

There are too many things we don't want to speak up both Christians and Muslims because we're too afraid of the hell threats... 50% of humans are serving God out of fear of hell, the rest 50% are serving God out of personal greed which is promised of heaven.

If you're down at accident scene with injuries, no amount of prayers will save you if you're not taking to hospital for medical attention
In sickness it's still the same
In needs your fellow humans will be at your mercy when you speak up or when they noticed the signs.

Maybe the Brain behind our existence Left us to our own faith,
Maybe he made us to be our own gods by having each others backs.

I've gotten to the stage I'm no longer afraid to ask questions, I've stopped buying that "you can't question God" lines pastors and preachers had been giving me... I've stopped buying "the portal and clay" analogy. Clay doesn't complain about how the portal mould it because it's an inanimate object with no consciousness... Don't expect me to be like that.

Don't mistake me for an atheist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diana Asamoah: Those Who Drink Alcohol Don’t Have Sense – Evangelist Says / Believers' Place / Scriptures That You Must Meditate On While Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.