Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? (12327 Views)

Policeman fights bus conductor who insisted he pays his transport fare. / Oyinbo Danfo Bus Conductor In Lagos (Skit) / Bus Conductor Sanitizes Passengers Before Boarding Danfo Bus (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Ademola47(m): 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
If you live in Lagos and you use public transport, you are more likely to have once forgot your change with the bus conductor.

There are 2 sides to it:
1. The conductor might forget to give you change and you as well will not remember to ask

2. He might deliberately hold on to the change so that you will forget it.

Whichever way, the money is gone.
It will be more painful if the money is the last money with you.

Mine happened around 2018 December. I gave the conductor #500 for a #150 fare from Ikeja Along to Abule-Egba. When I discovered I've forgot the change, I had to trek(a distance of #250).

How did you sort yourself out?
So tell us how it went.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by merieam16(f): 10:22pm On Mar 14, 2021
God 4bid bad thing...i av never nd will never forget my change to those conductors

I can imagine cos it will really pain you nd even pain u more if its ur last money

Anytime i feel i might 4get,i keep reminding him repeatedly till he gives me my change

20 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by trigger11(m): 10:30pm On Mar 14, 2021
me forget change i the warray niiii nooooooooooo i cant before ienter i always hold my change self

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Shellsploit: 2:40am On Mar 15, 2021
I no dey waste time to collect change!

22 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Originalsly: 8:11am On Mar 15, 2021
Forget change?... and was your last money? Speak the truth.... the conductor refused to give you your change and you didn't do anything about it.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by pocohantas(f): 8:55am On Mar 15, 2021
Originalsly:
Forget change?... and was your last money? Speak the truth.... the conductor refused to give you your change and you didn't do anything about it.

The problem in Nigeria is too much, people even forget their kids, a whole human, come be change. Ordinary change. embarassed

57 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by We4all: 9:21am On Mar 15, 2021
My experience was with a cab driver and not a conductor. I didn't forget my change but the driver purposely drove off with it.

I had boarded a pick and drop cab and was the last to alight from the back seat. A woman occupied the front seat. She was the driver's accomplice. I reached my destination and alighted. Then I moved to the passenger's side and handed my money to him.

I was waiting for my balance. He zoomed off and I was left stranded. I cursed him and resigned to fate.

Woe betide anyone that will try that with me again. Nowadays, I'm as razz as I am gentle. No time for balderdash.

18 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Kondomatic(m): 10:25am On Mar 15, 2021
merieam16:
God 4bid bad thing...i av never nd will never forget my change to those conductors

I can imagine cos it will really pain you nd even pain u more if its ur last money

Anytime i feel i might 4get,i keep reminding him repeatedly till he gives me my change
Pray you don't find yourself in a situation that will make you forget your bag, bus stop or even child.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Mandela27: 10:35am On Mar 15, 2021
Lols how will I forget my change except I just feel like but they can't play me or try to climb my head.bottle go burss..put calls

me na kairo tested and trusted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Shellsploit: 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
where's Lalasticlala sef
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Chijeep(m): 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
Yea....
As a big nwa I'll just say you can keep the change

grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by KingAzari: 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2021
Gave him 1 k to give me 950 naira - my home and abroad that day. The idiot kept saying "i dey come i dey come" until I got a call before getting to the bus stop, which distracted me. The thief left with my 950. Begged to get back home and nobody even believed me until one fine girl like that had mercy on me and gave me 1k. Reason why I like women and like to help them at any chance I get.

Lagos conductors are fulltime thieves doing part-time conductor job.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Javeg: 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2021
Omo e dey pain ehn.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Xscape047: 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2021
For this Buhari time ??

Wey almost everybody don do their calculation before them Comot ?

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by simi1(m): 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2021
It's very painful it has happened to me on many occasion my technic i use to overcome it is by making sure whenever i have a change to collect, i make sure am holding a naira note in my hands to remind me.
In other news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvAOcjEmND0

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by ipobarethieves: 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
sad
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by merits(m): 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by BilkisAjibadd(f): 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
Gave one #30
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by TRADELYN: 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
Yes ooo #950. I can't forget chai...about 11 years ago.

Those molue from Oshodi Oke to CMS/Obalende lipsrsealed undecided cry

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by wwwihy: 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
Lagos Conductor, gave conductor 1000, reminded him severally to give me my #850 change until I forgot and drop at the bus stop.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Daytonbale: 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
yes
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by braveboy64(m): 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
That's most conductor wish
But me dey shine my eyes for them nioo
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by id4sho(m): 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
TP was 150 and I gave 1k.
give me change, no change bros. naso I forget 850 and dropped. Till I got home before remembering.

if I get hold of him nw ehhh

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by drey076(m): 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
yes, and they have forgotten theirs with me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Franckelv230: 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2021
grin

Those guys are the reason I now move about with my ATM card. Just from Yaba to jibowu. They took my last 1k. It was by God's grace that I was able to see someone who agreed for me to transfer 2k for him to give me cash.

Damn. I could not curse the conductor because it could be that he didn't remember too, or not. I just took it the way it is. Who knows, maybe God used that to save me from something else by the delay.

But e pain me I no go lie grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

TRADELYN:
Yes ooo #950. I can't forget chai...about 11 years ago.

Those molue from Oshodi Oke to CMS/Obalende lipsrsealed undecided cry

Werey! You get #1000, but chose to enter molue. They swear for you?

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Franckelv230: 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2021
The second one was when the driver(private car) was asking for who has change to give him so he can settle the person that dropped at Iyana oworo. My good Samaritan self gave driver my #700 even when I had already paid my own fare, just so we can continue our journey.

On getting to oshodi, the driver knowingly (yes because I was reminding him, but he kept on saying don't worry, I will give you your change when we get to oshodi) gathered few people and gave us all #1500.

Before I could even get do9from the back seat, the passengers already shared the money to themselves. I was dumbfounded. The driver already zoomed off. I was still furious that the driver joined me with passenger to go search for change, after I helped him. Unknown to me that I don't even have money again. � �

Chai, I just walked down the bridge with slow motion, go buy 5 Alive pulpy to cool my self while I continued my journey.

Lagos, grin grin grin grin always full of surprises

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by drlaykay(m): 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2021
Yes and vice versa

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by Biyonce(f): 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2021
Na, i don't bus
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? by ABCthings: 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
Forget? Never.

But one driver purposely drove off with my change and other passagers didn't even bother stoping the driver for me.

The thing pained me and almost spoit my day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Getting A Gabon Visa / Cheapest University In Canada And Their Admision / FRSC Presents Goods Of Crash Victims To Relatives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.