Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man (497 Views)

Pastor Lazarus Muoka 'Heals' Man Of Hepatitis And Liver Disease (photos) / "Lazarus Mouka Worships Python" - Uche Eze (Video) / Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2021
Psalms 113:5-9

5 Who is like unto the LORD our God, who dwelleth on high,

6 Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!

7 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill;

8 That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people.

9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 5:44pm On Mar 16, 2021
1 Samuel 2:6-10

The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.

7 The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up.

8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

10 The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2021
Daniel 12:1-3

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 11:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
Matthew 24:45-51

Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2021
Isaiah 28:1-4

Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower, which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine!

2 Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.

3 The crown of pride, the drunkards of Ephraim, shall be trodden under feet:

4 And the glorious beauty, which is on the head of the fat valley, shall be a fading flower, and as the hasty fruit before the summer; which when he that looketh upon it seeth, while it is yet in his hand he eateth it up.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 5:44pm On Mar 19, 2021
Isaiah 28:5-8

In that day shall the LORD of hosts be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of his people,

6 And for a spirit of judgment to him that sitteth in judgment, and for strength to them that turn the battle to the gate.

7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2021
Isaiah 28:14-22

Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

17 Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

19 From the time that it goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only to understand the report.

20 For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.

21 For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.

22 Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth.

Matthew 24:48-49

But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 9:44am On Mar 21, 2021
Mark 10:29-31

And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,

30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 10:44am On Mar 23, 2021
Luke 16:19-31
19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 10:44am On Mar 23, 2021
This parable shows the situation of the world as it presently is, and how it will be in the future.
Lazarus is the name of the downtrodden people of the world, which Jesus is there firstfruits.

1 Corinthians 15:20
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 8:44am On Mar 24, 2021
2 Samuel 22:33-40
God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.
34 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places.
35 He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
36 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy gentleness hath made me great.
37 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip.

38 I have pursued mine enemies, and destroyed them; and turned not again until I had consumed them.
39 And I have consumed them, and wounded them, that they could not arise: yea, they are fallen under my feet.
40 For thou hast girded me with strength to battle: them that rose up against me hast thou subdued under me.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 10:44am On Mar 24, 2021
This parable shows the situation of the world as it presently is, and how it will be in the future.

Lazarus is the name of the downtrodden people of the world, which Jesus is there firstfruits. Lazarus is a beggar full of sores. He finds himself by some miracle of God, at the gates of the rich man. The rich man is clothed in purple and fine linen and he eats the best of everything everyday
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2021

Lazarus is the name of the downtrodden people of this world, this is the name given for the combination of Israel and gentiles during the tribulation (suffering/sores). Jesus is their firstfruits. Lazarus is a beggar full of sores. He finds himself, by a miracle of God, at the gates of the rich man. The rich man is clothed in purple and fine linen and he eats the best of everything every day. Lazarus sees this every day.

1. Gates mean: the inner recesses, the throne room, the top place, executive council, in the house of the rich man. Lazarus sees how sumptuously the rich man is faring every day, he sees the good clothes and the good life that the rich man is living and he desires to enjoy some of the crumbs. Mind you, he is enjoying the crumbs because he is in the rich man’s gates.
Mordecai was not a gateman, he was a prince of Israel being a nephew of King Saul, he was of the house of Kish of Benjamin and was part of the choice princes of Judah that were led to captivity in Babylon

Esther 2:5-6
Now in Shushan the palace there was a certain Jew, whose name was Mordecai, the son of Jair, the son of Shimei, the son of Kish, a Benjamite;
6 Who had been carried away from Jerusalem with the captivity which had been carried away with Jeconiah king of Judah, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away.

Jeremiah 24:1
The LORD shewed me, and, behold, two baskets of figs were set before the temple of the LORD, after that Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, and the princes of Judah, with the carpenters and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon.

Mordecai must have been part of the Jews that were taught the knowledge of the Babylonians, which the Persians inherited when they sacked Babylon, like Shedrach Meshach and Abednego Daniel 1:1-6

Gates is the codename for the leadership of the rich man, his palace, and to be in his gates is to be among his chief workers or advisers

Esther 2:21
In those days, while Mordecai sat in the king's gate, two of the king's chamberlains, Bigthan and Teresh, of those which kept the door, were wroth, and sought to lay hand on the king Ahasuerus.

2. Lazarus is the codename for Adam in a devolved state, from Royalty he devolved to being a beggar. The name Lazarus is derived from the Hebrew אלעזר, Elʿāzār (Eleazar) meaning "God has helped". Meaning: [the one] God has helped Derived: Eleazar
Adam lost his throne and became a beggar, but he will regain it. Christ is the second Adam

1 Samuel 2:8
He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

3. Dogs is the code name for useless people cursed by God who will not enter heaven. They are going to hell

Revelation 22:15
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

4. [Full of] Sores is the code name for the travails of Adam/Israel/Lazarus and the desolation of his abode

Isaiah 1:6-7
From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.
7 Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.

Licked his sores is the code phrase for making jest and mockery and fun of Lazarus

6. Dogs coming to Lick Lazarus’s sores mean satan’s angels are poking fun and making jest of Lazarus in his pitiable condition. These would be the people who derive their livelihoods from the rich man, they are employees, sycophants and bad people living off the rich man, there is nowhere in the Bible that being called a dog is a good thing, so dogs are bad people who are making fun and mockery of Lazarus. The dogs are the useless, toothless and hopeless mongrels of satan.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 11:44am On Mar 25, 2021
read
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 10:44am On Mar 26, 2021
Luke 16:22
And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

Both of them died. Both of them died in a symbolic way: the death of the ideology that made Lazarus poor and the rich man rich; Lazarus died and went to heaven, to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man died and was buried, or went to hell. It was a role reversal in death. Lazarus was resurrected to heaven; the rich man was resurrected to hell

The story of Lazarus, is the story of the situation of the Israel of God, and Christ, in this present world. The rich man is the people who presently own this world and are faring sumptuously on its dainties. There will be an ideological death and a role reversal very soon and Lazarus will be comforted while the rich man and all his goons and all his dogs will go to hell, and they will be there for ever.

Now the rich man is faring sumptuously and Lazarus at his gates is watching him. And Lazarus is desiring to eat the crumbs from his table.
We see that the rich man has died and is now in hell. He is so discomfited that he is begging for just one drop of water to cool his tongue but he cannot get it because there is a great gulf between him and Lazarus; no one can go from here to there and no one can go from there to here.

Luke 16:23-24 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
The rich man pleads that he should be re-sent to his father’s house so that he can go and testify to his five brethren and beg them that they should repent from their sins so that they do not come to the place of torment where he is.

Luke 16:27-28
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Father Abraham tells the rich man that Moses and the prophets are preaching repentance and his brothers have not believed, even if a man should arise from the dead and go and warn his brothers, they still would not repent and believe. They would not be persuaded even by Christ who is the first begotten of the dead

Luke 16:29-31
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Christ is the firstfruits from the dead

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

The rich man’s brothers, his goons and his dogs will not believe even if someone rose from the dead, Christ the firstfruits, to warn them of their impending doom

Revelation 22:14-16 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 11:44am On Apr 02, 2021

They will not even listen to Christ, the first born from the dead.

They refuse to listen to the one who was dead and is now risen, they refuse to accept his offer of free salvation, and the olive branch of reconciliation that is being offered to everyone irrespective of their status.
Re: Lazarus At The Gate Of The Rich Man by MrPresident1: 12:50pm On Apr 08, 2023
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Hijab: Again, Tension In Ilorin As Hoodlums Attack School / Pastor Adeboye Go Rccg Live Now On Holy Communion Service / Bible Verses On How To Use Time Wisely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.