Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics (2148 Views)

Beware. It's Snake Season!!! See 8 Safety Tips / This Is Cough And Catarrh Season..see The Natural Remedy You Can Use To Treat It / Beware. It Is Snake Season! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by Antoeni(m): 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2021
Important Public Service Information

BEWARE. IT IS SNAKE SEASON!

DUE TO THE HEATWAVE AND HIGH TEMPERATURES CURRENTLY IN NIGERIA, SNAKES, ESPECIALLY COBRAS, SEEK REFUGE IN COOLER PLACES LIKE INSIDE HOMES.

SAFETY TIPS

1. Avoid leaving windows open for too long. Cobras and Mambas can reach heights that are very high.

2. Avoid leaving your front doors open for fresh air in the evenings. These reptiles are absolutely STEALTHY (too quiet). You won't hear or see them go inside your house.

3 Before sitting under the tree that has that cooling shade, check the branches that there are no snakes lurking in the branches.

4. Check your bed and surrounding before you go to bed, cobras are notorious for hiding under the sheets.

5. Avoid the age old trend of liking to chill outside of the house, with mattresses and wrappers in the evening. Most reptiles are nocturnal (hunt at night and more effective)

6. Not only snakes might bite you, but also the age old human enemy; the centipede (Mosithaphala), which is fast and very venomous.

7. Clear bushes round your house. They attract rats and mice which are the favourite snacks of the most dangerous snake’s favorite meal.

8. Buy snake repellent powder and pour it round your yard. You will definitely decrease the chances of a snake ever visiting your home by 90%.

Beware of confronting snakes that get into your homes. Some snakes can be killed easily, others like the black mamba are very cocky. If threatened, they will chase you at an alarming speed and give multiple bites while still on the chase; and bitten victims may not live to see the next forty minutes. So, just be very careful when trying to kill those snakes.

Stay well and be safe. It's snake season. It's very hot and they are highly active and get agitated and angry very fast.

1 Like

Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by Slynation(m): 4:28pm On Mar 15, 2021
It's snake season meaning it's free meat season....!! grin

1 Like

Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by Kestolove(m): 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
it's lalasticlala season

1 Like

Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by Twelfthman: 8:16pm On Mar 15, 2021
Aha Snakes! How I hate those demons with passion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 15, 2021
Seriously that's what I keep hammering on to my people,close doors etc
Good one OP

1 Like

Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by inumidun2010(m): 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2021
The first gift given to lalasticlala after birth was a SNAKE... Anytime you see a name, call Lala and he will answer
Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by pozehnani(f): 11:42pm On Mar 15, 2021
Danger period.

1 Like

Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by x123xlolls(m): 12:19am On Mar 16, 2021
I have been looking for someone one to tell me what op just wrote. I love this kind of advices, they save lives and I almost know them but I need reminder often

1 Like

Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by prince2pac(m): 12:52am On Mar 16, 2021
Slynation:
It's snake season meaning it's free meat season....!! grin
meat ke, until snake bite you....

dem no go see us bite abeg...

Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by InfernoNig: 2:47am On Mar 16, 2021
See this one.

1 Like

Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by Nobody: 3:02am On Mar 16, 2021
Okay, i will take this message to the bank..

And withdraw.
Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by punisha: 7:01am On Mar 16, 2021
Where Una dey see all these snakes sef...

Heard d meat is delicious.
Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by femi4: 7:36am On Mar 16, 2021
For those living in the bush
Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by milann: 7:41am On Mar 16, 2021
punisha:
Where Una dey see all these snakes sef...
Heard d meat is delicious.
go epe
Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:32am On Mar 16, 2021
while on a shooting yday, a snake almost bite my friend... Thank God his Chi was not asleep..

1 Like

Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by EwuGambia: 9:58am On Mar 16, 2021
Educative..... undecided

Ifah hear say this thread nor reach front page.... undecided

Lalasticlala ..."snake in the eagle shadow 1 of Nairaland"..oya ...do your work!.. undecided

Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 16, 2021
To me, there is no such thing as snake season.

When its hot they go into homes or cool areas to cool down and when its cold, they find their way into homes as well, cars (close to the engine) and even close to you on your bed for warmth.

I think they venture out of their natural habitat more when the environment is cold since they are cold blooded but still, you have to be extra vigilant at all times.

1 Like

Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by Johnaro(m): 10:53am On Mar 16, 2021
Alright
Re: Beware. It Is Snake Season!!! See Pics by cayorday89(m): 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
It sounds more like, 'watch out, its snake season and when you see one, kill, snap and upload to Nairaland for lalasticlala to move to front page'..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Outrage as Man Pays 1 million as bride price in Imo State.. / How Popular Ota Families End Age Long Land Dispute / Why Is There So Much Nudity & Unnecessary Love Making In Most Netflix Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.