Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

UNIZIK Announces New Grading System For 2020/2021 Session Admissions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIZIK Announces New Grading System For 2020/2021 Session Admissions (629 Views)

JAMB 2024 Marking Scheme: Verify The JAMB Grading System Right Now / Nigerian Universities To Revert To Five Point Scale Of Grading System - NUC / NUC Approved Of A New Grading System In Nigerian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UNIZIK Announces New Grading System For 2020/2021 Session Admissions by Parkac(m): 11:25am On Mar 16, 2021
This is to inform the entire University community and the General Public that the PostUTME and other relevant Screening Examinations for the 2020/2021 admission exercise have been replaced with the O'level and UTME results grading system.

This is also in consideration of the very large number of applications and the need to comply with COVID-19 preventive guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria. In place of Post UTME Scores and other relevant Screening Examination Scores, the University Management has adopted an automated O’level subject grading system for the exercise.

In order to ensure transparency in the admission exercise, the following calculation formula will be used for the exercise.

Candidates will be screened based on their  JAMB scores and  O’level result for the four subjects taken in JAMB. The following considerations will apply:

A. RATIO  - The ratio will be  70:30.  i.e 70% JAMB  score and  30% O’level  subject score
70/100 = 0.7; 30/100 = 0.3

B. RANKING OF O’LEVEL SUBJECTS SCORE – O’level results will be ranked  as given below:
A1= 90
B2= 80
B3= 70
C4= 60
C5= 55
C6= 50
D7= 40
E8 to F9=0
Awaiting Result (AR) =0

For each candidate, the  O’level subjects used will be the subjects the candidate sat for in JAMB. E.g for a candidate who sat for  English, Mathematics, Chemistry, and  Physics in JAMB, the grades obtained in candidate O’level results in these subjects will be used to calculate the O’level points obtained.

C. BONUS – A candidate who credited his four subjects in a single sitting will get a bonus of 20 points (i.e Bonus =20).   A candidate who credited his four subjects in two sitting will get no bonus (i.e Bonus = 0).

D. CALCULATIONS –
Final score = [(JAMB SCORE`* 0.7) + [(O’level score + Bonus)*0.3]

Source: https://unn-edu.info/2021/03/unizik-grading-system-for-2020-21-session-admissions-new.html
Re: UNIZIK Announces New Grading System For 2020/2021 Session Admissions by Parkac(m): 11:29am On Mar 16, 2021
With this, the university has jettisoned the writing of the Post-UTME screening exam for this year's admission. Cc: Lalasticlala, Olawalebabs
Re: UNIZIK Announces New Grading System For 2020/2021 Session Admissions by Kennyking1234: 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2021
Parkac:
This is to inform the entire University community and the General Public that the PostUTME and other relevant Screening Examinations for the 2020/2021 admission exercise have been replaced with the O'level and UTME results grading system.

This is also in consideration of the very large number of applications and the need to comply with COVID-19 preventive guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria. In place of Post UTME Scores and other relevant Screening Examination Scores, the University Management has adopted an automated O’level subject grading system for the exercise.

In order to ensure transparency in the admission exercise, the following calculation formula will be used for the exercise.

Candidates will be screened based on their  JAMB scores and  O’level result for the four subjects taken in JAMB. The following considerations will apply:

A. RATIO  - The ratio will be  70:30.  i.e 70% JAMB  score and  30% O’level  subject score
70/100 = 0.7; 30/100 = 0.3

B. RANKING OF O’LEVEL SUBJECTS SCORE – O’level results will be ranked  as given below:
A1= 90
B2= 80
B3= 70
C4= 60
C5= 55
C6= 50
D7= 40
E8 to F9=0
Awaiting Result (AR) =0

For each candidate, the  O’level subjects used will be the subjects the candidate sat for in JAMB. E.g for a candidate who sat for  English, Mathematics, Chemistry, and  Physics in JAMB, the grades obtained in candidate O’level results in these subjects will be used to calculate the O’level points obtained.

C. BONUS – A candidate who credited his four subjects in a single sitting will get a bonus of 20 points (i.e Bonus =20).   A candidate who credited his four subjects in two sitting will get no bonus (i.e Bonus = 0).

D. CALCULATIONS –
Final score = [(JAMB SCORE`* 0.7) + [(O’level score + Bonus)*0.3]

Source: https://unn-edu.info/2021/03/unizik-grading-system-for-2020-21-session-admissions-new.html
yet the dumb school declined me for admission

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Tutorial Notes / Who Can Solve This? / WAEC Set To Release 2022 WASSCE Results Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.