Stats: 3,194,171 members, 7,953,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:17 PM

CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! (19009 Views)

Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt / Hiv / Aids Possible Cure Www.baariz.com (2) (3) (4)

Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by Bright2(m): 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2006
Well let us wait and comfirm.Til further notice.
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by Rhodalyn(f): 8:28pm On Mar 20, 2006
everlasting DEATH!!!
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by ono(m): 8:54am On Mar 27, 2006
Hmn, so how come we've not heard much about this new drug to date?
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by larger20(m): 6:25pm On Mar 27, 2006
ono:

Submision has been made but it will take a lot of time for it to be approved becasue there are 100s of drugs that lined up before it. I usually takes a while before a drug is approaved by the US
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by Honey123: 6:58am On Apr 05, 2006
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by Honey123: 4:32am On May 27, 2006
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by HopeforCSA(m): 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2006
Hi all,
I'm not sure if people are still reading this subject but the drug has been through in vitro testing and does not seem to have negative effects on other cells. there is more info on this website for those interested.

www.csa54.info
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by HopeforCSA(m): 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2006
Hi All,

Just thought I would let you know that CSA-54 had a new media release on May 25, 2006.
Brigham Young University won awards at the Utah Innovation Awards for CSA-54 so hopefully this means that the drug will really work

www.irconnect.com/osce/pages/news_releases.html?d=99728
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by HopeforCSA(m): 5:18pm On Jun 07, 2006
Hi all,

I have a question about Cationic Steriod Antibiotic - 54 (CSA-54) and it's eligibility to come to Canada. I know that CSA-54 is still just a hope and a dream, but what I am wondering is whether or not it would be allowed into Canada as it is a steriod and our restrictions have limited steriod drugs from being in Canada before.

Thanks for your time
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by EdehOnos(m): 1:57am On Jun 20, 2006
forget it
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by Seun(m): 12:16pm On Jun 20, 2006
If the drug is proven to be a full cure for HIV/AIDS, the Canadian Authorities will find it hard not to allow it!
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by mukina2: 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2006
Hmmmmm undecided
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by EdehOnos(m): 12:07am On Jun 21, 2006
I said forget about this canada issue.Abi you get AIDS?Whether they allow it or not just be careful if you are still clean and stop taking it like Gov. job,or they go pay you money?
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by Honey123: 8:09am On Jul 17, 2006
I don't understand why so much time will be taken to test the vaccine against "animal's for csa-54" for example c Indians regarding their *** India announced on Sunday it has successfully developed a vaccine against bird flu in poultry just in 4 months.***.
And one more thing results of the test might not be the same as the results in the vitro tests (which is the tests in petty dishes" becos this is body of the flesh with many problems thru which it reacts " All the virus can't be killed becos of many reasons like one virus hides in many places and comes out of the body to mutate again.
There is only one solution csa-54 should be combined with embryonic stem cells therapy to get the virus out within 6 to 12 months to get the total virus out.
With methods like using volporic acid to provoke the hidden virus to come out and then use csa-54 to kill such virus and embryonic stem cells to produce T-cells to fight the other dieseas.
Like wise within a year persons body can remove all the virus from the body.
This is mine idea of approach that should be followed soon.
Instead of breaking heads for waiting the things to happen in the way it happened in vitro trials.
Go with the combinations of the therapies and achieve the goal of the treatment for the infected persons.
Non-infected persons preach the moral values of maintain one person loyalty.
This way we can achieve the true cure from this deadly dieseas.

Thanks,
Honey
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by Seun(m): 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2006
Honey, thanks for sharing your idea.
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by Honey123: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2006
Ceragenix Pharmaceuticals Provides Mid-Year Update

Company Commencing Post-510k Clearance Studies for
EpiCeram(R)
              to Support Current Partnering
Discussions

Infectious Disease Programs Focused on Anti-bacterial
Device Coatings,
    MRSA and VRSA Resistant Bacterial Strains, and
Viral Infections

DENVER--Aug. 3, 2006--Ceragenix Pharmaceuticals,
Inc., a
biopharmaceutical company focused on infectious
disease and
dermatology, today provided a mid-year update on its
two major product
development areas, dermatologic disorders and
infectious diseases.
    Commenting on execution of the Company's business
plan to date,
Ceragenix Chairman and Chief Executive, Steven Porter
stated,

As previously reported, in vitro testing at Vanderbilt
        University has shown that CSA-54 is active
against multiple
        strains of HIV and may work in a strain
independent manner.
        The Company's research collaborator is
continuing to test
        CSA-54 in a variety of in vitro assays to
better characterize
        the compound's efficacy;

Steven Porter, 720-946-6440
             Chairman & CEO
             or
             Financial Dynamics
             John Capodanno, 212-850-5705
             Ceragenix@fd-us.com
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by rajiv: 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2006
[[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]color=#990000][/color] this message is for user "LARGER_20" Dear Sir, I don't know exactly who u are, where ru from, but request you for god sake to tell me where in India can I get cured of HIV. I am Hiv Posivite and about to marry. For me u will bego on this planet if you allow me live a peaceful and happy life. I beg you with two hands to tell me where in India can i get cure for HIV. I am also an Indian and stay in India itself.[I request you to mail me on kashmir141@yahoo.com or if possible call me on +919825521808
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by TYNN2(m): 9:08am On Aug 17, 2006
ono:

What is happening is . man is making from man. overambition is the problem in this world. some time one convinec another to kill for money. the sciencetist have an ethical setup to safe the world but the money making firm, like Pharmaceutical and financial firm uses some of the scientist for killing life making money game.

one thing is when we dies this money does not come with us. money politic and life .man evil to man.
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by onyango: 10:49am On Sep 06, 2006
i really need this link too.but does this mean i should travell to india.please inform me as fast as possible thank god
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by TYNN2(m): 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2006
onyango:

i really need this link too.but does this mean i should travell to india.please inform me as fast as possible thank god

Onyango.
I have heard of this News but the issues is very tight up.
you can Make research on the link
http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=AIDS+cure+in+India&meta=
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by Sista(f): 3:49am On Oct 10, 2006
@To All

When the researchers came up with the Aids Virus in the first place, they already had a cure.

They are most likely not going to introduce the cure until they get rid of the people they were trying to get rid of with the AIDS virus in the first place.

Or, they may introduce the cure if their kind of people start dying wide spread but even then, the cure will be a secret that will stay a secret until they get rid of the people they are trying to get rid of.
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by nferyn(m): 10:39am On Oct 16, 2006
Sista:

@To All

When the researchers came up with the Aids Virus in the first place, they already had a cure.
There are no cures to viral infections. The mutation rate of viruses is just too high to come up with a cure. treatment is mainly symptomatic. There is currently no way to control virusses, except for preventive vaccinations.

Sista:

They are most likely not going to introduce the cure until they get rid of the people they were trying to get rid of with the AIDS virus in the first place.
You're too high on your conspiracy theories.

Sista:

Or, they may introduce the cure if their kind of people start dying wide spread but even then, the cure will be a secret that will stay a secret until they get rid of the people they are trying to get rid of.
Yeah, right and Santa Clause lives on the north pole.
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by Dmajesty(m): 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2007
Very soon, HIV will be understood by all NOT as an illness but a state of the body. What I mean is that it will not be seen as deadly as people thought it is. Living with HIV is simple and easy. It pays no one any good to discriminate people with HIV/Aids. Respect, care and defend their rights anywhere you are. For thorough information on the knowledge, protecting and living with HIV, search http://hivisreal.webs.io

Encourage anyone that has this virus.

Cheers, ONE NIGERIA FOR EVER!
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by TYNN2(m): 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2007
This cirises should be viewed on the get rich quick perspective, many of the Scientist are actually deviating from their primary ethic rules (bettering human Race) to the pursuit of monentary gains, lured by the phamaceautical firm the delay whatever positive in this regards to enable the drug firms to recovers the money spent on the first drug funding. we are living in a world full of greedy men and some women, some even used the name of God to feds their famiilies.

I read about a research about the posible of using Laser , Ultraviolent  rediation in killing the virus which is posible but the danger to the brain,s cell is unpreciable. its an ongoing research, maybe hope who knows. many are not rulling out conspiracy.
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by styrax(m): 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2007
hope rising
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by Bobbyaf(m): 8:49am On Dec 02, 2007
Interesting piece of news Seun. I've always felt that there was a cure for the deadly virus. Call it a hunch or what, but what is it about this virus that seems to be able to capture and hold at ransom one's immune system?
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by lagoslife: 6:24pm On Jul 17, 2009
There is no cure for AIDS as of now but progress is being made. A lot of progress. This year alone, there has been reports, shot and kill techniques, etc, just google,
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by Extessaptah: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2011
Hello i just joined this forum and im also promoting my new facebook game if you like texas hold em poker and your on facebook then please check out my game its http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=365709729894
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by smarthG(f): 5:04pm On Nov 10, 2011
What is the latest news on this people, pls we need know the latest DEVELOPMENT it is quite difficult to watch lovely one live without hope.
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by freepeople: 3:40am On Nov 11, 2011
BY BOB MIMS
THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE
PUBLISHED FEBRUARY 7, 2006 12:01 AM
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2006, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
Researchers, including a BYU scientist, believe they have found a new compound that could finally kill the HIV/AIDS virus, not just slow it down as current treatments do.
And, unlike the expensive, drug cocktails 25 years of research have produced for those with the deadly virus, the compound invented by Paul D. Savage of Brigham Young University appears to hunt down and kill HIV.

Although so far limited to early test tube studies, CSA-54, one of a family of compounds called Ceragenins (or CSAs), mimics the disease-fighting characteristics of anti-microbial and anti-viral agents produced naturally by a healthy human immune system.

Under a study sponsored by Ceragenix Pharmaceuticals, Savage and his colleagues developed and synthesized the compound for Vanderbilt University's School of Medicine. In his Nashville, Tenn., laboratories, Derya Unutmaz, an associate professor of Microbiology and Immunology, tested several CSAs for their ability to kill HIV.

While issuing a cautious caveat about his early results, Unutmaz acknowledged Monday that CSAs could be the breakthrough HIV/AIDS researchers have sought for so long.

"We received these agents [from BYU] in early October and our initial results began to culminate by November 2005. We have since reproduced all our results many times," he said. "We have some preliminary but very exciting results [but] we would like to formally show this before making any claims that would cause unwanted hype."

What studies to date show is a compound that attacks HIV at its molecular membrane level, disrupting the virus from interacting with their primary targets, the "T-helper" class white blood cells that comprise and direct the human immune system. Further, CSAs appear to be deadly to all known strains of HIV.

That would be a welcome development for the estimated 40.3 million people now living with HIV/AIDS globally, including nearly 5 million newly infected in the past year alone.

"We have devoted considerable resources to understand the mechanism of these compounds. We think this knowledge will enable us in collaboration with Dr. Savage to design even better compounds," Unutmaz said.

In addition to being a potential checkmate to HIV, the compounds show indications of being just as effective against other diseases plaguing humankind - among them influenza, possibly even the dread bird flu, along with smallpox and herpes.

Savage said he and his BYU research team had been studying CSAs for eight years, noting the compounds' value against microbial and bacteria infections. It was only a year ago they saw that CSAs killed viruses, too.

"They kill viruses very effectively and in a way paralleling our own, natural defenses," Savage said, noting that beyond the obvious use as a weapon against the AIDS pandemic, CSAs could help many others with non-HIV immune deficiencies.

Further, the compounds appear to have few limits on how they are delivered to patients. Although early indications are for application of CSAs with an ointment or cream, pills or injections may also be developed - if the compound gets to market.

BYU and Vanderbilt have jointly filed a patent on CSA technology, which has been licensed exclusively to Ceragenix.

Ceragenix CEO and Chairman Steven Porter said only further research will tell, but he was optimistic about the application of CSAs in the war on HIV/AIDS. There are indications that it could help battle antibiotic- and antiviral-resistance strains of disease as they manifest themselves.

"We are encouraged . . . that CSAs may provide a completely unique family of anti-infectives, potentially active against a wide range of viral, fungal and bacterial targets, including those resistant to current therapies," he said.

Assuming continued positive test results in animal and eventual human trials, Porter estimates it could be three to seven years before the compound is available by prescription. That transition could be accelerated, however, if the Food and Drug Administration should decide to fast-track the drug.

That day is still a long way off, though. First, researchers plan to publish their results in scientific journals, seeking peer review and independent confirmation of their findings. Assuming no flaws are found, several rounds of testing would follow.

Most of the nation's leading AIDS experts were attending the Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections in Denver on Monday. The event's policies prohibits on-site news conferences or releases during the conference, and efforts to reach scientists there were not successful.

Of the few AIDS research luminaries reached, all said they preferred not to comment on the Vanderbilt tests until full results are published.

bmims@sltrib.com

l Paul Savage and his Brigham Young University research team have invented CSA-54, a chemical compound that holds the promise of killing the HIV virus.

l CSA-54 is one of a family of compounds called Ceragenins that mimic the disease-fighting characteristics of a healthy human immune system.

l Tests at Vanderbilt University indicate the BYU compound also could be effective against influenza, small pox and herpes.

l Assuming continued positive results, CSA-54 could be available in three to seven years.
Re: CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! by Docosward(m): 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2011
Hello all, there is an Herbal Medicine for Hiv that is in town 3 months plus now. One thing i will advice all HIV patient is that they should keep trying, try as much product as they can never can tell which one will work for u. Anyway for those who are interested should contact on this mail ( jonathanosward@yahoo.com)

Causes And Types Of Headaches / Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump / Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53