Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump (18956 Views)

Dog Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Anambra Forest (Video) / Newborn Baby Abandoned By Roadside In Minna (Photo) / Old Woman Spotted Picking Used Sanitary Pads From A Refuse Dump. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by NaijaCover(m): 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2023
A local vigilante group has rescued a newborn abandoned in a refuse dump in front of Mile 3 motor park in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

The baby girl, who was still carrying her placenta, wrapped with clothes and left in the cold, was rescued by the vigilante who were on routine patrol at about 3am, on Friday, April 28, 2023.

The Chief Security Officer of Nkpolu Oroworukwo community, Mile 3 Diobu under the Diobu Vigilante, Godstime Ihunwo, confirmed the incident to newsmen.

He said on the discovery, he put a call across to a human rights activist, Prince Wiro, who accompanied him to the police station to lodge a formal report.

“At 3am this morning (Friday), while on routine patrol, I discovered a newborn baby who is less than six hours old. At the point of discovery, the baby was still wrapped in clothes and placenta,” Ihunwo said.

“I rescued the child and immediately called a female nurse for urgent medical attention to be given to the baby. Upon inspection by the nurse, the baby was discovered to be a female. I called Prince Wiro, who immediately came to my office and accompanied me to Nkpolu Police station to make a formal report,”

The vigilante leader blamed the development on the absence of street lights in most parts of Port Harcourt.

"I want to use this medium to appeal to the Rivers State Government to prevail on the contractors in charge of Ikwerre Road street lights to ensure the lights are always on at night.” he added.

Mr Prince Wiro, who is the Coordinator of Centre for Basic Rights Protection and Accountability Campaign, said the baby is responding to treatment.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/4/rivers-vigilante-rescues-newborn-baby-abandoned-in-refuse-dump-2.html

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by NaijaCover(m): 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2023
Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 Nlflmod And Seun
Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by NaijaCover(m): 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2023
God Almighty Save Us In This Country, Nigeria.

Proudly Brought To You By

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by God1000(m): 3:46pm On Apr 28, 2023
This is sad, what's wrong with some people.

They live carelessly and do crazy things

Thank God the baby is was found alive.

12 Likes

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by TERMlNATOR(m): 3:48pm On Apr 28, 2023
no dey ever carry good news..

Is bad news ur callin?

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by Ihateheadslamer: 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2023
and bad news are like 1 and 2
post=122805878:
God Almighty Save Us In This Country, Nigeria.

Proudly Brought To You By

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by NaijaCover(m): 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
no dey ever carry good news..

Is bad news ur callin?

See More Bad News Via www.. com
Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by PerfectStranger(m): 4:58pm On Apr 28, 2023
And some are fasting and praying to have just one child. 🥴

9 Likes

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by TERMlNATOR(m): 5:01pm On Apr 28, 2023
post=122806787:

See More Bad News Via www.. com
chaii

1 Like

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by Dexy4yah(m): 6:29pm On Apr 28, 2023
After several abortions, you decided to keep this one but you still eventually got rid of the baby.....WOMEN
Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by Fut9ure: 7:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
I don't understand women

You don't need a baby

But you open your legs 🦵 during ovulation for a man to insert without condom
Not even withdrawal method during ejaculation

After that you were still comfortable not to get those drugs women do use like postinor

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2023
Another doing of a USELESS, LOOSE AND WICKED OLOSHO, product of useless parents.

To close legs nor dey tire dem
Dey can open their olosho legs for anything that's willing to pay

No fear diseases and infections
No fear of them being used for rituals

Very useless senseless animals.

The olosho that did this now will never still desist from being a SLÚT, she'll still spread legs for many others, THEY NEVER LEARN THEIR LESSONS.
This one is even possibly due to failed abortions.
That's why I never pity them when they get used for rītuals.
Useless gender.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by marlow1962(m): 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2023
All these things na why some gals go cun finally marry Dem no fit born, shay u wn dy play with creator of life.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by Sultty(m): 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2023
gosh
So all these yeye babes still never learnt their lesson, if u are not ready for motherhood why engage in unprotected sex? what's the gain of flesh to flesh 🙄 make small rain no fall u don rush go collect prick. May the innocent child get the needed help

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by AmazingELixir: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2023
lipsrsealed

This life no balance at all..... pikin wey couples dey find naim one evening newspaper carry dump

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by Lifewasgood: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2023
Life is hard con join bad economy but i don't understand why someone will carry a pregnancy to full term and discard the baby like waste.

There are childless couples out there who would have adopted the baby and even assist the mother get on her feet. Orphanages self dey, government welfare dey but she chose to do this.

God abeg forgive her...

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by Xlogistics(m): 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2023
K
Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by Sebastine1994(m): 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by meum: 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2023
Hmmm. After so many years the woman will come out with stories that touch claiming to be the mother.
Nansense!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by BRIMBRAM: 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2023
PerfectStranger:

Hmm very thought provoking. Reminds me of a couple who until after 12 years of marriage were blessed with a child who they later started treating with reckless abandonment like a burden.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by OdefaGirl(f): 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2023
This kind of News is nauseating to me...... Some are at the verge of giving up because they can't get theirs and those who doesn't need them are blessed with children.

How was she able to even push on her own? Abi the boyfriend follow her deliver the baby?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by Edipet(m): 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2023
God please heal the baby. May he/she grows with your wisdom and abide by your laws. My he grow to be a better person in the society

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by OdefaGirl(f): 7:39pm On Apr 28, 2023
marlow1962:
All these things na why some gals go cun finally marry Dem no fit born, shay u wn dy play with creator of life.

Don't be shocked.... you see these types, they give birth to dozen when they get married.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by ednut1(m): 7:40pm On Apr 28, 2023
How much is condom again What if there was a python around there

1 Like

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by HeartlessMan: 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2023
Nigerian women remain the most heartless entities in the universe

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by AroOkigbo(m): 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2023
PerfectStranger:
I'm telling you. Truly, this life balance at all.
Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by saphiere(f): 7:46pm On Apr 28, 2023
Wickedness that men do

1 Like

Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by God2man2again(m): 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2023
Sometimes women don't know what they want
Re: Rivers Vigilante Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Refuse Dump by dahmie2013: 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2023
But how do people that do this sleep?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 Coronavirus Patients Abscond From Oyo Isolation Centre / Which Hospital Is The Best In Nigeria? / Human Blood: Origin, Classification And Characteristics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.