Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,970 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Tiv People Are People From East African Descent - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tiv People Are People From East African Descent (5784 Views)

Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead / 15 Top Rated International Musicians Of Yoruba Descent (Old and Contemporary) / East African Coast | Culture And People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by ElodyAnn(m): 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiv

The Tiv are an ethno-linguistic group or ethnic nation in West Africa. The Tiv constitute approximately 2.5 percent of Nigeria's total population, and number upward of 2.2 million individuals throughout Nigeria and Cameroon[1]. The Tiv's traditional lands are in the Nigerian states of Benue, Taraba, and Nasarawa in Eastern Nigeria.

Many members of the Tiv group can trace their ancestry to East Africa, northern Morocco, Spain and Portugal. They are considered to be one of the Bantuiod tribes.
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 09, 2007
In short everyone is of east african descent. There, that should save you having to post more hare-brained topics.
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by ghettochyk(f): 5:36am On Jul 09, 2007
davidylan:

In short everyone is of east african descent. There, that should save you having to post more hare-brained topics.
'nuff said. hisssssssssss
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by mushki: 3:33am On Jul 24, 2007
Like i said elsewhere east africa is the cradle of man. but of what significance is that to daily living?
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by naijadiva2(f): 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2007
this elody guy must be obsessed with nigeria cuz he the only one looking up naija facts.
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by DRANOEL(m): 8:11pm On Dec 02, 2007
read the article and i think its genuine
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Blackcat(f): 3:59pm On Dec 16, 2007
Elody-Ann:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiv

The Tiv are an ethno-linguistic group or ethnic nation in West Africa. The Tiv constitute approximately 2.5 percent of Nigeria's total population, and number upward of 2.2 million individuals throughout Nigeria and Cameroon[1]. The Tiv's traditional lands are in the Nigerian states of Benue, Taraba, and Nasarawa in Eastern Nigeria.

Many members of the Tiv group can trace their ancestry to East Africa, northern Morocco, Spain and Portugal. They are considered to be one of the Bantuiod tribes.

True.
I am Tiv by tribe

1 Like

Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by janedoe(f): 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2007
so am I,what part of Benue State are u from Blackcat?

1 Like

Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Blackcat(f): 7:23pm On Dec 26, 2007
janedoe:

so am I,what part of Benue State are u from Blackcat?

Ushongo and you?

1 Like

Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by janedoe(f): 10:36pm On Dec 26, 2007
vandeikya smiley

1 Like

Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Blackcat(f): 8:51am On Dec 27, 2007
Great! Tell me a little about yourself. Like where you live, age, single or married, kids e.t.c you know stuff,
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by janedoe(f): 7:44pm On Jan 02, 2008
You know a real woman never tells her age wink, but I can tell you this much,I'm in my early 20's,Live in Florida,Not married yet and no kids,how about you?

1 Like

Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Blackcat(f): 12:12am On Jan 03, 2008
;d
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by janedoe(f): 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2008
nice to meet you girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Blackcat(f): 3:43pm On Jan 08, 2008
same here grin
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Joey82(m): 3:26pm On Jan 14, 2008
@BLACK CAT,
GLAD TO KNOW U;RE TIV BY TRIBE,
I AM TOO, CAN VISIT WWW.TIVZONE.ORG
ITS A NEW SITE WHERE TIVS INTERACT,
U CAN CLICK ON IMONGO TO POST ONLINE,
HOPE U ENJOY UR STAY, CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Blackcat(f): 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2008
Joey82:

@BLACK CAT,
GLAD TO KNOW You;RE TIV BY TRIBE,
I AM TOO, CAN VISIT WWW.TIVZONE.ORG
ITS A NEW SITE WHERE TIVS INTERACT,
You CAN CLICK ON IMONGO TO POST ONLINE,
HOPE You ENJOY UR STAY, CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks bro will surely check the site out.
so which part of Tiv are you from?
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Joey82(m): 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2008
Blackcat:

Thanks bro will surely check the site out.
so which part of Tiv are you from?

I'm from ushongo local government, after Lessel.
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Blackcat(f): 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2008
Interesting! grin I'm from Ushongo too. Which exact district are you from?
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Joey82(m): 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2008
lets talk @ tivzone, wont like to disclose ma complete identity here,
hope u understand sha
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Blackcat(f): 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2008
I have already registered at the tiv zone. I'm using the same nickname there. Whats your nickname in Tivzone.
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Joey82(m): 10:56am On Jan 17, 2008
@Blackcat, ma user name there is joe terry, hope 2 meet u there.
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Blackcat(f): 11:57am On Jan 17, 2008
great will leave you a message there then smiley
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by pleep(m): 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2011
when wikipedia says:

The annangs are from eygpt or east africa

The igbos are a lost tribe of isreal

the hausa are from babylon

The Tiv are from east africa

The Yoruba are of arabic desent

the Fulani are from egypt

i know there is something seriously Fvked up. They are just trying to divide us.
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Terry1(m): 1:25am On Jul 03, 2012
Been looking everywhere for my brothers and sisters on NL. Now here you are! Wow. Hi, Blackcat, Janedoe & all, am a proud Tiv guy too. Vandeikya precisely. Good to meet ya all.

1 Like

Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Ybutterfly: 10:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
^^^^^^^^^stUpiD tHreAd^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by warya123: 2:52am On Aug 06, 2012
Hi am somali. when u say east africa do u mean Somalia/Ethiopia/Eritrrea?

cause east africa includes kenya, uganda, burundi they all look negroid

so am assuming u talkin about Horn Africa.
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by ComrdDRS: 10:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
I be wan Tiv KPOKPO
Re: Tiv People Are People From East African Descent by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 27, 2015
all West Africans and Bantus in Africa that have E1B1A are the Real Hebrew Israelites in the Bible. we came from Israel. please click to this Facebook page :- https://m.facebook.com/e1b1ahaplogroupnation?__tn__=C . ask the Genetics Doctor, he will explain everything to you all . Shalom

(1) (Reply)

What Has Been The Effect Of Culturing Borrowing On Nigerian Culture? / Do We Still Have Some Communities In Igbo Land Still Eats Humans? / 10 Bizarre Collections From Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.