Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,374 members, 7,836,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

The Excesses On the List Of Marriage Registry In Abk L. Ga. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Excesses On the List Of Marriage Registry In Abk L. Ga. (2049 Views)

My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) / Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Excesses On the List Of Marriage Registry In Abk L. Ga. by loko4nation: 8:01pm On Mar 18, 2021
This is what I got after I visited one of the local government in Abeokuta city to make a requirement on to do list for a proper registry wedding.

I was surprised to read this on the list , the couple is expected to come along with 2 wines (Andre) to be specific.

After which I was told that on the day of the event, 8 of the guest present , which comprises of the couple, ffather and mother of the couple and the witnesses, which they are also expected to pay a minimum of 1k each.

Please my great people I want to know if the list is biased or ' normal?

What are your experiences at other registry.

Picture attached

Re: The Excesses On the List Of Marriage Registry In Abk L. Ga. by anthonyuncle(m): 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2021
since them no go fit attend the couple's reception, them wan chop their own first
Re: The Excesses On the List Of Marriage Registry In Abk L. Ga. by Olusojisorunmu(m): 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2021
That's how they bill people. I was infuriated too when my sister did hers there & was told immediate family members are expected to pay 8k.

We paid as we don't have choice.

It's just pure exploitation.
Re: The Excesses On the List Of Marriage Registry In Abk L. Ga. by ThatPetiteChic: 7:32am On Mar 19, 2021
I did mine at ikoyi registry last year December. We paid 25k instead of 15k posted on their site. Due to COVID 19, they needed only 4 witnesses which is just our parents. Also no need for drinks and biscuits. Though, on that day we paid 2k for a book(acts/laws of marriage in Nigeria), the plastic for the certificate and picture. My parents, his parents and we the couple dropped #500 each as offering (we tried explaining to the woman that we didn't prepare for it, the woman refused releasing our certificate until we dropped something and she insisted she wasn't hungry and the minimum she was going to accept was #500 each). We were almost forced to snap picture using their photographer but we escaped it and used our phones.

When I was complaining about the expenses, someone told me that before COVID 19, the expenses were more than this so I should be grateful. There's no ministry in Nigeria that is free from exploitation. That's the truth.

(1) (Reply)

Who Will You Hug First? / Am I Wrong ??? / Smalls Boys Looking For My Trouble, Despite Am Not Their Age.. please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.