Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,579 members, 7,840,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Lagos State Government Neglecting The Welfare Of Orphanages. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lagos State Government Neglecting The Welfare Of Orphanages. (164 Views)

Mrs. Tinubu Welcomes First Baby Of 2024, Advocates For Child Welfare / Fighting The "Effect" And Neglecting The "Cause". / Anambra State Government Releases Statement On Alleged Child Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Neglecting The Welfare Of Orphanages. by xynerise: 10:48am On Mar 20, 2021
A visit to one of the orphanages(registered) in Lagos recently gave me concern on how the Lagos government has not been fair to these homes. A chat with the director of one of the homes exposed Lagos State Government's cruel ways of handling the homes. They totally neglect these homes by not providing the welfare of these children but only interested in the revenue generated from cost of adoption.

According to the director, the Government brings a child to the home and never care to know how the child feeds or gets other necessities of life. But when it comes to adoption, they are the ones to get the payment and orders the homes to give out the child to their foster parents..

If this is not wickedness then tell me what it is?

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Lagos State Government Neglecting The Welfare Of Orphanages. by Mindlog: 10:56am On Mar 20, 2021
Really sad. It is all about the money they would make while depriving the children the basics. I recall visiting one and asked the director if a Clinical Child Psychologist do regularly drop by to check up on the children, she stared at me as if I was speaking Italian! angry

(1) (Reply)

Eggs Eggs / Golden Goose Sale The Market / Not Too Young To Be Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.