Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,524 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued (29462 Views)

Building Collapses In Obalende, Lagos. 4 Dead / Fire Destroys Properties In Umuahia (Photos, Video) / Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 20, 2021
[quote]A one storey building has been destroyed at Alapere area of Ketu, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria after a gas explosion rocked the building.

Officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, arrived the scene of the incident at No 44 Moses Street, Oshogun, Alapere, Lagos for rescue operation.

Director General, LASEMA, Dr. Femi Oke-Osanyintolu said on arrival at the scene, it was discovered that the storey building was in a state of collapse with several visible cracks on load bearing walls.

He said initial investigation suggested that that a gas cylinder explosion triggered the incident.

Oke-Osanyintolu said no lives were lost, but added that a young female, two male children and an adult male were rescued.

The LASEMA DG said the building has been damaged and that the agency was working with the Lagos State Building Control Agency, LASBCA and Ministry of physical planning on the incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Apme5IfB0

In his words: “On arrival at the incident scene by Agency responders, a storey building located at the aforementioned address was observed to be in a state of collapse with several visible cracks on load bearing walls.

“Initial investigations suggest that a gas cylinder explosion triggered the incident.
Fortunately, no lives lost, However, a young female, two male children and an adult male were rescued.

“The building has been damaged The Agency is working with the LASBCA and Ministry of physical planning.”

SOURCE

lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by GOFRONT(m): 11:50am On Mar 20, 2021
Chaiiii......We are careless in this part of the world

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Fahdiga(m): 11:51am On Mar 20, 2021
Not nice at all

4 Likes

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by onoms4luv(m): 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
Thank God no lives were lost.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Globalhustler(m): 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
Thank God nobody died. Gas cylinders shd be kept outside of the main building, since they have gated compound

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Professorcplus(m): 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
May God save us!
Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by mannasseh(m): 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hope no life was lost

1 Like

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by merits(m): 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
cheesy
Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Originality007: 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
gas explosion dey really mad gan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by klamba(m): 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
May Almighty God help us all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Samiah33(m): 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
Gas cylinder hmm
Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by OgbanjeProphet: 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
Nigerians are very careless with everything. I have seen people using gas cylinders the wrong ways. The most annoying part is that they see nothing wrong with the dangerous way they handle these cylinders.

I have seen people cooking inside their small bedroom with curtains and clothes scattered everywhere. I have also seen a student who left his pot of soup on a burning gas cylinder to gist with a girl in another street.
Some go to bed as soon as they place their pot on a burning stove. Nna eehh, the list plenty.

I have never heard of any gas explosion in Dubai, yet they use cooking gas over there like you use electricity here.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Sijo01(f): 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
God have mercy
Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by ForestHill: 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
Thank God no life was lost

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Sijo01(f): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2021
merits:
cheesy

You see your life!
Of all the emoji to take book space, na this one you see use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by GreaterFuture(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hope they Will learn from this, but they will not!
Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by 5anadaplate: 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2021
[img]
Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Tunasco4u(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Larryhamzy01: 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
This is sad. May Allah continue to keep us safe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by jimmychang: 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
Na God dey save person
Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by aAK1(m): 12:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
They should test for explosive residue. I don’t believe a gas cylinder would do that much damage

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Oyiboman69: 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2021
End time cylinder
Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Racoon(m): 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2021
shocked Oluwa o! Thank God for safety of lives.
Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Afonja2: 1:10pm On Mar 20, 2021
Sijo01:

You see your life!
Of all the emorgies to take book space, na this one you see use.

It is not "emorgies". It is emoji. No, you don't need to thank me.

2 Likes

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by merits(m): 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
Sijo01:

You see your life!
Of all the emorgies to take book space, na this one you see use.
Lol....... it's my space I can use it to do anything I like, my space my life.moreso are you a NL task force?because I don't know why you are questioning upon my property.

1 Like

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Ayetobi92: 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
Sadly, the building may have to be pulled down
Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
This is serious.
Thank God no life was lost.

1 Like

Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by MadamExcellency: 1:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
Globalhustler:
Thank God nobody died. Gas cylinders shd be kept outside of the main building, since they have gated compound
l

What then happens when the gas supply to the kitchen is leaking inside during night hours?
Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by iceberg54: 1:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
What a coincidence! I used to live on that Street.
Re: Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued by fineboynl(m): 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2021
MadamExcellency:
l

What then happens when the gas supply to the kitchen is leaking inside during night hours?
it will leak to the air and diluted by atmosphere . provided it's not in a confined room or container. safe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos / Our Landlord Is Torturing Us / See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.