Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. (16586 Views)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee (tokunboh)-Price reduced to N1m (SOLD) / Mint Tokumbo 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee For N1.8m!!!SOLD!!!SOLD!!!SOLD / Clean Registered 2000 Model Grand Cherokee For Sale: Price:900k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by inspiredm(m): 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2007
[b]Tokunbo 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4 Door 4x4 / Quadra Drive in Excellent condition, just arrived from Virginia USA on Monday. This Jeep is Carfax certified with no reports of damage or repair. The outside and interior of the car are in excellent condition. This vehicle is loaded with the following features

Four Wheel Drive
Air Conditioning
Dual Power front seats,
Cruise control,
10 CD Changer & cassette Player,
Alloy wheels,
Power steering,
Tilt wheel,
Power windows,
Power door locks,
Power mirrors,
Keyless entry,
Sunroof
Driver and Passenger side airbags
ABS ( 4 wheel )
Steering Controls
Quadra Drive
Traction Control
Roof rack
Fog lamps
Leather Seats
factory tinted Windows
6 infinity Speakers
Compass
ONBOARD DIAGNOSTIC DISPLAY.
Temperature reader

Lots  more.
This truck runs and drives excellent!!!! This truck has an automatic transmission that is strong and responsive. The 4 wheel drive works excellent. This truck has 4 traction settings, it has 2 wheel drive, 4 wheel part time, 4 wheel full time and 4 wheel low. This is not like the usual 4 wheel full time and 4 wheel low. This is a great option to have for dry roads and on Bad Roads.

My asking Price is 1.9 million. Call me on 08023050886. The Jeep is Located in Lagos Now. More Pictures Soon[/b]

Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by Oliseh(m): 8:23am On Jul 08, 2007
Hi,great truck.wats d exact location-as in area of d jeep?
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by inspiredm(m): 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2007
@ Oliseh

The Jeep is located in Maryland Lagos. Excellent condition, more pictures attached

Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by rozilla(m): 8:04am On Jul 09, 2007
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by zixzax: 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2007
Good car. But what's the mileage?
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by sultaan(m): 6:03am On Jul 12, 2007
I have 3 questions
Does the door quack when you open/lock with a remote?
Does it have a leak anywhere on the axle?
What type of front calipers does it have?
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by mnwankwo(m): 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2007
Viperman,

The car sells for about 1.5M. Your price is on the high side. Jeep is not a Toyota. Reduce your price if you want to sell it.
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by sultaan(m): 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2007
In terms of feel and drive, the jeep is a better truck than 4runner(in my opinion)
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by mnwankwo(m): 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2007
Sultan,

The feel and drive of a Jeep will last about a year or two. Then it will start to milk you dry. Except your pocket is very deep, do not torch a Jeep even one with V8. Toyota 4Runner is very reliablle and rugged. Toyota 4Runner (2007-2002) is the best mid sized SUV. No question.
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by sultaan(m): 11:08pm On Jul 13, 2007
You are right, I costs money to maintain because DC(DaimlerChrysler) went cheap on things they shouldn't have; but if you are handy you can fix most yourself.

In naija you are more likely to drive a jeep longer than you'll drive a 4runner be4 the "owner" come collect the truck because of the same reason you just gave(i.e if nobody wants to buy it why steal it)

See the 3 questions I posted earlier? Its from experience

leaky water pumps, door actuators, windows falling off, axle seal leak(expensive) warped rotors(teves calipers) fuel pump failure, blend door failure (climate control) the bold one will happen cos the have an usual high failure rate.
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by inspiredm(m): 12:05am On Jul 14, 2007
Thanks Sultan ( In terms of feel and drive, the jeep is a better truck than 4runner )

Well, if you have been unlucky in the past doesn't mean all Jeeps are expensive. Go and price the Gearbox of a small sized car like the Golf 4. The gearbox costs 550,000.
Everything on this Grand Cherokee is Intact and working excellently. I Have the Carfax report. and its been well maintained and Excellent. Its a One Owner Jeep in the USA. Now in Lagos Nigeria and waiting for the lucky Owner. The pictures speaks for the Jeep. Interested contact me on
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by Jakumo(m): 7:07am On Jul 14, 2007
Sultaan definitely knows jeeps inside out, and those of us wanting to get up to speed on this vehicle can visit the Jeeps Unlimited forum or WJ Jeeps.com.

To summarize the pros and cons of this American 4-wheeling icon in comparison to the venerable Toyota 4 Runner, all comments so far indicate that the Toyota 4 Runner is a more reliable, longer lasting but a less comfortable ride than the Jeep, with the major drawback being that Nigerian armed robbers are more likely to grab a 4 Runner than a Jeep, while the Jeep GC rules in the comfort and horsepower department but has a lower resale value due to well documented mechanical problems that also make the Jeep GC less attractive to car-jackers.   

Tough choice for potential buyers in Nigeria.  Would you prefer a reliable but relatively uncomfortable Toyota that is very likely to be grabbed from you at gunpoint, or would you go for an ultra-comfortable Jeep that may crap out any moment but is unlikely to be the target of armed highwaymen ? In my confusion over these choices, I would up buying a rickety bicycle for my Nigerian road travels.
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by inspiredm(m): 10:14pm On Jul 14, 2007
This Jeep Grand Cherokee is Your Perfect Choice for Nigerian Roads, Hit me up on inspired_men@yahoo.com or 08023050886. Best Offer takes the SUV.
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by mnwankwo(m): 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2007
Jakumo,

Toyota 4Runner (1997-2002) is not a luxurious SUV and there seem to be no reason why robbers will preferentially target it. It has similar prize range (1.4M-2.0M) with several sedans including Toyota Camry 2001 model. Indeed because it is not as flashy as Jeep, only those know about cars will go for it. Presumably, the average buyer will go for something flashy. In addition even if you buy a bullet proof suv or a bicycle, it is not a protection from armed men. In life you make a decision based on what you want, what is right, what you can afford etc, not on fear. Susprisingly, fear probably is the greatest attraction for robbery. Those things you genuinely fear always happen to you. As long as you made your money genuinely, buy whatever you can afford. The best protection is genuine trust in the omniscience of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by inspiredm(m): 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2007
@ all

Please i posted this thread for Prospective Buyers of my 2000 Model Tokunbo Grand Cherokee

Asking Price . 1.7 million.
Make an Offering interested
Call 08023050886.

Period.
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by Jakumo(m): 7:35pm On Jul 15, 2007
After reading your post, Nwankwo, I gave up my plan of affixing a few bullet-proof panels to my Nigerian Road Warrior 10-speed bicycle.

I hear you. Even the most humble means of road travel may be targeted by highwaymen, so fretting about it is pointless, especially when choosing a vehicle to drive.

Returning to Inspired's thread with apologies for again ranking Jeep GC against Toyota 4 Runner, but the comparison has cropped up several times so no harm is done in mentioning that debate.

Can I expect a commission on the sale of this Jeep GC if it turns out that a potential buyer reading this thread winds up buying the Jeep on account of something I said here ? If a fee is out of the question, an honorable mention will suffice after the sale.
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by sultaan(m): 4:23am On Jul 16, 2007
I have ongoing issues with jeep, and as I was driving yesterday the caliper locked up on rear pass. wheel so the brakes overheated.

I'm in the process of replacing the scorched caliper, I had just changed the pads cos the same issue caused the previous pad metal backing to score the rotor.

I have parking brakes on order for delivery tomorrow, and I'll be changing all rotors to vented slotted disc, ceramic pads, flush brake fluid with preston synthetic.

Next week it will be the CCV, axle fluid, and infinity reference component speakers installed

I'' post pics as I go.
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by Jakumo(m): 6:14am On Jul 16, 2007
Sultaan you are probably aware that if you are driving a 1999 Jeep GC with the Quadra Drive NV247 4-wheel drive transfer case, you MUST NOT use any ATF fluid other than that special Chrysler MOPAR fluid (Part number 050 176 96AA) to top up the transfer case. You may have to order that fluid stateside if you are not there right now.

Use of any other brand of ATF for the transfer case of a '99 Jeep GC with NV 247 transfer case will result in the loss of your vehicles 4WD capability and severe permanent damage to the transfer case (auxiliary gearbox) Performance degradation and comparable damage will result in the transfer case IF that special fluid is not replaced along with the associated filters every 30 thousand miles of use. Over and out.
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by mnwankwo(m): 1:59pm On Jul 16, 2007
Viperman,

I guess that this auto forum is for any member to air his or her opinion. These opinions even when uncomfortable educate members including sellers or prospective buyers. In the long term, sellers will import clean vehicles and sell at reasonable prices. Buyers need to understand such things as dealer auction, salvage vehicle, lemons, car specifications etc as that will enable them to make informed decision on whether or not to buy the car and at what price. Ironically, you appear not to like comments many members made on your Jeep GC, but you also  comment when other people are sellling their cars. In reply to Kdship offer of 320000 naira for padded MB 190, you emphatically stated that the car is overpriced and should sell for N200000. You gave a cocktail of reasons why it is so. That is why I find it paradoxical that you complain when others make useful remark on your Jeep GC. There also appear to be inconsistence in some of your offers. In reply to Josyani request for a car, you said you will get him a pegeout 605 for a minimum of N300000. Yet in another thread, you offered the same car for N500000. Anixreal offered N300000 for the car and it appears you didnot consider his offer. Back to your Jeep GC. The market price for it in lagos is 1.3M-1.6M. From the pics you posted, it appears clean but not the cleanest. Thus 1.5M is the best you can get from it.
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by sultaan(m): 6:41am On Jul 18, 2007
I'm stuck, hope to get another tool to continue tomorrow. It been one heck of experience(which I found out as a norm for this job) one day to get parts, 2 days figuring how to put it back together. Its not easy placing parking brakes.

Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by viperman: 7:59am On Jul 18, 2007
m_nwankwo:

Viperman,

I guess that this auto forum is for any member to air his or her opinion. These opinions even when uncomfortable educate members including sellers or prospective buyers. In the long term, sellers will import clean vehicles and sell at reasonable prices. Buyers need to understand such things as dealer auction, salvage vehicle, lemons, car specifications etc as that will enable them to make informed decision on whether or not to buy the car and at what price. Ironically, you appear not to like comments many members made on your Jeep GC, but you also comment when other people are sellling their cars. In reply to Kdship offer of 320000 naira for padded MB 190, you emphatically stated that the car is overpriced and should sell for N200000. You gave a cocktail of reasons why it is so. That is why I find it paradoxical that you complain when others make useful remark on your Jeep GC. There also appear to be inconsistence in some of your offers. In reply to Josyani request for a car, you said you will get him a pegeout 605 for a minimum of N300000. Yet in another thread, you offered the same car for N500000. Anixreal offered N300000 for the car and it appears you didnot consider his offer. Back to your Jeep GC. The market price for it in lagos is 1.3M-1.6M. From the pics you posted, it appears clean but not the cleanest. Thus 1.5M is the best you can get from it.

nwankwo, where did you see me advertise a jeep in this thread?

look at the advertiser properly before you accuse me o grin
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by inspiredm(m): 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2007
@ viperman

I think m_nwankwo is on Cheap drugs.  grin.

@ m_nwankwo

I am creator of this thread and i never posted all the above mentioned vituperations by you.

My Jeep GC is still waiting for the Lucky owner. The Price has been reduced now to sell fast. I have not had time to do the marketing, ill find time this Weekend.

Interested in the new Price ? call 08023050886 .
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by mnwankwo(m): 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2007
Viperman,

My apologies. I mixed up your comments on other car topics with that of "Inspired", the poster of Jeep GC. The comment on the Jeep was meant for the poster "Inspired". Thus my comment on the price of the Jeep GC is valid but my inference of inconsistency on your part is wrong. Kidly accept my aplogogy. As for "Inspired", I meant no harm. The fair prize for your Jeep GC is 1.5M.

1 Like

Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by viperman: 8:32pm On Jul 19, 2007
Apology accepted nwankwo. smiley

errmmm, inspired, since nwankwo has apologised, why not reciprocate his niceness/politeness by selling the jeep for 1.5? grin
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by inspiredm(m): 6:35pm On Jul 20, 2007
m_nwankwo

Are you interested in the Jeep ?
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by inspiredm(m): 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2007
This Jeep is still waiting for the lucky Buyer to come pick it up. Ready to cruise & flog the roads of Nigeria  grin Interested ? call me on 08023050886.
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by tushman(m): 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2007
holla back if 1.1M is ok,
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by kem4(m): 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2007
Man the jeep looks clean, consider my offer of 1.3m if its ok let me know. my Email addy is ke_max@hotmail.co.uk.
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by donofdons: 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2008
this should be the best suv u can ever own in nigeria,i present to u my Spyker “D12 Peking-to-Paris” SSUV .The Spyker D12 Peking-to-Paris is an all aluminium, permanent four-wheel drive super sports utility vehicle. The rear doors are rear-hinged coach doors, so-called ‘suicide doors’. It is powered by the 6.0 litre, 12 cylinder, 500 bhp W12 engine from Volkswagen AG and accelerates from 0-100 KM (0-60 MPH) in 5.0 seconds. The six-speed automatic transmission features a multifunctional steering wheel with F1 style shift paddles, a triple dashboard designed in the style of an airplane cockpit, and a sumptuous interior. The vehicle has an all aluminium body fitted to an aluminium space frame, and sits on 24” Aeroblade ™ wheels. It has a length of 4.95 m, a width of 2.0 m excluding mirrors, a minimum height of 1.68 m and a maximum height of 1.77 m and weighs 1895 Kg. The fuel tank capacity is 100 litres (22 gallons). Top speed is 295 km/h (185 mph). The car is custom-hand built using only the best materials available.
you can see it if you live in abuja.

Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by inspiredm(m): 11:54pm On Jul 14, 2008

Old posts shall rise again
   grin grin
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2008
the first picture of the 3rd car you sold on nairaland is a CGI, computer generated, i know 1 when i see it

so better bury the old bones
Re: 2000 Model Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale. by bwumber: 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2008
Hey man, I would like the like of this Grand, what is the low price and i am willing to offer 1.1m if is deal

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pre-order And Delivered Mint Condition 2011 Toyota Highlander By G-importers / This Cars Link Is For The Men That Gat Money In Nairaland & 9jamarket.biz!: / Rolls Royce Phantom 2009 Coupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.