Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:42 AM

Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct (972 Views)

Can Someone Explain First Fruit / If Adam And Eve Were First Humans How Did Other Races Come About / If The Writers Of Adam And Eve Were Honest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by BaddieFreak(f): 2:11am On Mar 21, 2021
God really wasn’t joking with the you’ll toil the earth and whatnot, damn bruh, that was Adam and Eve. I didn't even like no damn apples and I fucking run from snakes, ease up on this suffering big man.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by Nobody: 2:41am On Mar 21, 2021
God doesn't exist move on
BaddieFreak:
God really wasn’t joking with the you’ll toil the earth and whatnot, damn bruh, that was Adam and Eve. I didn't even like no damn apples and I fucking run from snakes, ease up on this suffering big man.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by budaatum: 3:47am On Mar 21, 2021
You refuse to eat the fruits of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil because someone wrote in a book that you must not and you come here to blame some God for your ignorance and suffering?

You must think the following is the lie
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13227401_screenshot20210306105016_jpeg44a7500968ddd1e946ac157929cfbdce
Even after reading that they did not surely die on the day that they ate and their eyes opened!?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by orunto27: 4:10am On Mar 21, 2021
We still prefer ADAM & EVE'S LIFE OF DISOBEDIENCE TO SUBSERVIENCE TO OBEDIENCE TO THE WILL OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by orunto27: 4:15am On Mar 21, 2021
We still prefer ADAM & EVE'S LIFE OF DISOBEDIENCE TO SUBSERVIENCE TO OBEDIENCE TO THE WILL OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS.

WE BREAK THE 10 COMMANDMENTS EVERY SECONDS AND LACK THE WILL TO LOVE OTHERS LIKE OURSELVES
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by peggywebbs(f): 5:28am On Mar 21, 2021
We are not suffering for Adam and Eve's disobedience. The disobedience marked the beginning of sin and soiled our holy nature. Did sin stop with Adam and Eve? No. Instead they said it continued to spread, after them the first murder took place and men continued to move farther away from God.

If you look at what is happening today and compare to Adam and Eve, that's child's play. We have become worse than what we were originally meant to be. Even if Adam and Eve were pardoned wonder what would have happened in the heavens. I'm sure God would have been included in numerous heavenly wars and coup attempts. The whole place will be soiled. The riches converted, a division where there is the vulnerable poor and the strong rich. Anyway the thoughts are endless.

I think we were brought here to prove ourselves like a test. If we can defeat sin and evil, then we qualify to enjoy eternity with our father. The earth was rich with treasures and temptation, it was set perfectly for us to do as we wish. While others forgot about God, some still continue to remember that there is God and serve him. We need to discover ourselves and not let the temptations of the earth pull us away from our true nature which is to be with God in our first home.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by chiommy123(f): 5:47am On Mar 21, 2021
Because they are our first parent and I think the curse wasn't just for Adam cos I think the bible said ' to the man he shall toil to eat and the woman shall deliver in pains. The bible said again that through one man sin came to the world that is Adam and through one man salvation is given and that's christ
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by Ihedinobi3: 7:14am On Mar 21, 2021
BaddieFreak:

Hi there.

Since your question appears to be quoting Genesis 3, I assume that you are interrogating the Christian worldview. That is what I'll be answering from.

To answer you then, God punished Adam and Eve specifically. Of course, that punishment was to apply to everyone else who sinned just like them, but it was primarily them that He punished. That is to say that God does not punish you just because Adam and Eve sinned. That would be unfair and contrary to the Bible.

20 The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.
Ezekiel 18:20 (NKJV)

God does not punish people for other people's sins. It is true that there is such a thing as cursing by association. That is, God can curse something or someone because of its association or connection to someone who has sinned against Him, but that never violates this principle. To demonstrate, God cursed the earth because Adam who sinned against him derived his nourishment and enjoyment from it. But we also see that even though God cursed Sodom and Gomorrah with destruction by fire falling from the sky, Lot was saved from the same fate that the rest of Sodom and Gomorrah succumbed to.

We suffer like Adam and Eve did because all of us sin. We always sin from beginning from birth. Therefore, we come in for the same punishment that they did and more besides as our own sins increase.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 21, 2021
I like this topic only if the mods would do the needful
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by psychalade: 8:59am On Mar 21, 2021
Adam & Eve story was a fabrication, it was copied and modified from earlier sumerian story of Enki
Christians stubbornly refuses to research and ask critical questions about the origin of their faith question like why is there only English named characters in the Bible,(no Chinese, no Japanese, no Indians, no "Alkebulan" now Africa etc) no other ethnic groups on earth in that Era, they continued holding tenaciously to fables/Myths grin

https://www.ancient.eu/Enki/

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by truespeak: 9:52am On Mar 21, 2021
BaddieFreak:

I understand why you complain but Adam and Eve are not the cause of your suffering!

For though they did bring about the curse on the Earth, this was suspended howbeit in God's Heart through Noah, Genesis 8:21 and in keeping with his name, as was predestined in Genesis 5:29 "And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed".

Thus being children of Noah whom became our father when the World began afresh, we are under the Law of Genesis 8:21!

However seeing as the curse was suspended in God's Heart Only, it therefore means it is Only those who have His Heart and Live in Him that Live Free of the Curse and Suffering!

Hence Christ's Advice to Keep the Commandments of God that He may abide (Live) in you and you Live in him!

And na here problem dey usually dey for people!
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by extol1(m): 10:09am On Mar 21, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

Hi there.

Since your question appears to be quoting Genesis 3, I assume that you are interrogating the Christian worldview. That is what I'll be answering from.

To answer you then, God punished Adam and Eve specifically. Of course, that punishment was to apply to everyone else who sinned just like them, but it was primarily them that He punished. That is to say that God does not punish you just because Adam and Eve sinned. That would be unfair and contrary to the Bible.

20 The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.
Ezekiel 18:20 (NKJV)

God does not punish people for other people's sins. It is true that there is such a thing as cursing by association. That is, God can curse something or someone because of its association or connection to someone who has sinned against Him, but that never violates this principle. To demonstrate, God cursed the earth because Adam who sinned against him derived his nourishment and enjoyment from it. But we also see that even though God cursed Sodom and Gomorrah with destruction by fire falling from the sky, Lot was saved from the same fate that the rest of Sodom and Gomorrah succumbed to.

We suffer like Adam and Eve did because all of us sin. We always sin from beginning from birth. Therefore, we come in for the same punishment that they did and more besides as our own sins increase.
I was trying to get you until I hit the word cursed by association. can u please shed more light on that words
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by idogbe14170: 10:12am On Mar 21, 2021
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by Dtruthspeaker: 10:31am On Mar 21, 2021
BaddieFreak:

Because of The Law of "After its own kind"

Thus, A Snake must birth a snake, A Sickler must birth A Sickler and A Sinner must birth a Sinner!

Therefore what happens to One Must happen to all!
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by Ihedinobi3: 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
extol1:

I was trying to get you until I hit the word cursed by association. can u please shed more light on that words

Hello.

I already explained it. Cursing by association occurs when God curses something or someone because they are associated with the person(s) who sinned against Him.

These are some examples:

17 Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’:
Cursed is the ground for your sake;
In toil you shall eat of it
All the days of your life.
Genesis 3:17 (NKJV)

18 “Cursed shall be the fruit of your body and the produce of your land, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.
Deuteronomy 28:18 (NKJV)

13 So David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.”
And Nathan said to David, “The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die. 14 However, because by this deed you have given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also who is born to you shall surely die.”
2Sa 12:13 — 2Sa 12:14 (NKJV)

In Deuteronomy 28:18 and 2 Samuel 12:13-14 above, we see people suffering because people they are associated with sinned. Specifically, God promised cursing on the children of the Israelites if the Israelites apostatized from Him in the first passage. In the second, David was promised that his infant son would die because of his sin with Bathsheba and his murder of Uriah.

Now, this may seem to violate the passage in Ezekiel 18, but it doesn't really. Although from the target's point of view, their children are suffering for their sin, from God's point of view, there are two things happening.

The first is definitely punishment for the sinner. We take delight in our children. When God curses our children, it hurts us to see them suffer. In that sense, our children are suffering for our sin.

The second is that God has the absolute right to determine each person's circumstances so that they will be perfectly tested as to their choice in this world for or against Him. Each person is born into the world in the body that God decreed for him or her. Each person is also limited by the circumstances that God decreed for them. Therefore, even when a child may be cursed because of their parents' sin, for them, it is really God's gracious provision of the limitations necessary for them to make a perfectly free choice for or against God.

Consider that the death of David's son was actually a deliverance for the boy himself. Quite a few of us would not get a fair opportunity to make our choices about God in this world if we live beyond a certain point or have a certain quality of life. So God exercises His Sovereignty in removing such individuals from the world or limiting their experience of life in this world through any means that pleases Him.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by peggywebbs(f): 6:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
Before you go too far on your idol.... please note that there are no English names in the Bible...what you have is a translation which means their original Greek names and Hebrew names were translated. Just like you have Yeshua, Emmanuel, Jesu Christi, etc. So don't get it twisted.

The book of genesis is not a borrowed story. They were books from ancient scripts and properly recorded versions compiled together to confirm the origin of man.

So your Enki god probably is just trying to find a loophole. Tell him to look again..he certainly missed it.

psychalade:
Adam & Eve story was a fabrication, it was copied and modified from earlier sumerian story of Enki
Christians stubbornly refuses to research and ask critical questions about the origin of their faith question like why is there only English named characters in the Bible,(no Chinese, no Japanese, no Indians, no "Alkebulan" now Africa etc) no other ethnic groups on earth in that Era, they continued holding tenaciously to fables/Myths grin

https://www.ancient.eu/Enki/
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
SB,

Would you like to know why mankind is suffering due to the sin committed by Adam and Eve?

I'll love to tell you if only you wish to know, good evening my baby girl! smiley
Zzor:

I like this topic only if the mods would do the needful
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
SB,

Would you like to know why mankind is suffering due to the sin committed by Adam and Eve?

I'll love to tell you if only you wish to know, good evening my baby girl! smiley
My SD I'll surely like to know, no knowledge is lost,how was your day
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
Baby girl my day was pretty good, we (JWs) heard a special talk globally today about Jesus' sacrificial death and what future blessings are in store for all obedient mankind.

Zzor:

Adam and Eve were the first human pair on this planet, they had perfect bodies so they can't fall sick, grow old nor die. All the animals both big and small were subjected to them, they enjoyed the best back then until they made the decision that changed their situation and that of all their future progenies.
They wanted to be independent of God's direction so that they can do whatever they want, but not only that they also want to set standards for everyone else that will set his/her foot on this planet after all they're like the landlords.
This is what led them out of God's garden and now they have to depend on their own strength without God's backing. Gradually they began growing old until they died. Remember they have disengaged God before they had children so their children inherited death through them. But that's just the tips of the iceberg. Note that they can't set standards for their children who feels they're also free agents, this is how humans gradually drafted away from God's divine direction and what we have today is the result of their rebellion.
No matter what we try to do today that single act has continued to hunt mankind, some just want to dominate others whether you like it or not and they're gathering followers so that they can gain support.
One thing led to another until the earth became a mess.
So God is planning to renovate the earth and remove all rebellious humans like Adam and Eve so that obedient people can live forever in Paradise just as God purposed in the beginning! Psalms 37:9-11, 67:6-7; Isaiah 35:6, 65:21-23

And obedient mankind will live forever in PARADISE! Psalms 37:29; John 3:16 smiley
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Baby girl my day was pretty good, we (JWs) heard a special talk globally today about Jesus' sacrificial death and what future blessings are in store for all obedient mankind.

Adam and Eve were the first human pair on this planet, they had perfect bodies so they can't fall sick, grow old nor die. All the animals both big and small were subjected to them, they enjoyed the best back then until they made the decision that changed their situation and that of all their future progenies.
They wanted to be independent of God's direction so that they can do whatever they want, but not only that they also want to set standards for everyone else that will set his/her foot on this planet after all they're like the landlords.
This is what led them out of God's garden and now they have to depend on their own strength without God's backing. Gradually they began growing old until they died. Remember they have disengaged God before they had children so their children inherited death through them. But that's just the tips of the iceberg. Note that they can't set standards for their children who feels they're also free agents, this is how humans gradually drafted away from God's divine direction and what we have today is the result of their rebellion.
No matter what we try to do today that single act has continued to hunt mankind, some just want to dominate others whether you like it or not and they're gathering followers so that they can gain support.
One thing led to another until the earth became a mess.
So God is planning to renovate the earth and remove all rebellious humans like Adam and Eve so that obedient people can live forever in Paradise just as God purposed in the beginning! Psalms 37:9-11, 67:6-7; Isaiah 35:6, 65:21-23

And obedient mankind will live forever in PARADISE! Psalms 37:29; John 3:16 smiley
My SD if we are to go strictly by your write up,that means somehow the descendants of Adam and Eve inherited their sins but its also written that no man shall carry another man's burden, some things can actually be confusing
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:16pm On Mar 21, 2021
You're learning fast baby girl and that's commendable!

We can only suffer the consequences of what those two rebels did back then but when talking about the future, Adam and Eve are gone forever they are never going to have the same future like you and i!

So when talking about the burden of their error it's everlasting destruction, we will only face hardship now due to the damages their rebellion caused but whether we will live forever or not that largely depends on each person's choice.
That's the import of what you're citing! smiley

Zzor:
My SD if we are to go strictly by your write up,that means somehow the descendants of Adam and Eve inherited their sins but its also written that no man shall carry another man's burden, some things can actually be confusing

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by Myfault: 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

Hello.

I already explained it. Cursing by association occurs when God curses something or someone because they are associated with the person(s) who sinned against Him.

These are some examples:

17 Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’:
Cursed is the ground for your sake;
In toil you shall eat of it
All the days of your life.
Genesis 3:17 (NKJV)

18 “Cursed shall be the fruit of your body and the produce of your land, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.
Deuteronomy 28:18 (NKJV)

13 So David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.”
And Nathan said to David, “The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die. 14 However, because by this deed you have given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also who is born to you shall surely die.”
2Sa 12:13 — 2Sa 12:14 (NKJV)

In Deuteronomy 28:18 and 2 Samuel 12:13-14 above, we see people suffering because people they are associated with sinned. Specifically, God promised cursing on the children of the Israelites if the Israelites apostatized from Him in the first passage. In the second, David was promised that his infant son would die because of his sin with Bathsheba and his murder of Uriah.

Now, this may seem to violate the passage in Ezekiel 18, but it doesn't really. Although from the target's point of view, their children are suffering for their sin, from God's point of view, there are two things happening.

The first is definitely punishment for the sinner. We take delight in our children. When God curses our children, it hurts us to see them suffer. In that sense, our children are suffering for our sin.

The second is that God has the absolute right to determine each person's circumstances so that they will be perfectly tested as to their choice in this world for or against Him. Each person is born into the world in the body that God decreed for him or her. Each person is also limited by the circumstances that God decreed for them. Therefore, even when a child may be cursed because of their parents' sin, for them, it is really God's gracious provision of the limitations necessary for them to make a perfectly free choice for or against God.

Consider that the death of David's son was actually a deliverance for the boy himself. Quite a few of us would not get a fair opportunity to make our choices about God in this world if we live beyond a certain point or have a certain quality of life. So God exercises His Sovereignty in removing such individuals from the world or limiting their experience of life in this world through any means that pleases Him.
I remember when I read proverbs from beginning to the end, one thing that stuck to me was when I read some verse talking about life and death, it was saying that there should be greater joy in death than in life and we should celebrate when someone dies in the Lord but we mourn when they die and celebrate when a child is born instead. Those passages changed my world view.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by DappaD: 10:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
If you happened to be an employee in a sales company for example and one of your managing directors decide to loot company funds that’s meant for your salary and then disappears, will you as the field officer/ground-worker feel the shockwave(effect) of what transpired or not?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
Zzor:
Can you draw God?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 21, 2021
BaddieFreak:

Weren't U 4rm Dem? We Are All 4rm Dem. By D Way, It Has Been Long I See U Online.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by Ihedinobi3: 10:17am On Mar 22, 2021
Myfault:

I remember when I read proverbs from beginning to the end, one thing that stuck to me was when I read some verse talking about life and death, it was saying that there should be greater joy in death than in life and we should celebrate when someone dies in the Lord but we mourn when they die and celebrate when a child is born instead. Those passages changed my world view.

Hi there.

We believers indeed have much more to rejoice over in death than in life in this body. Our bodies are bodies of sin and life in this world is just test upon test and battle after battle.

Still, life in this world is a tremendous opportunity for all human beings. We get to choose whether we will be with God in eternity or separated from Him in the Lake of Fire. And for those of us who choose to be with Him, we choose how we will be ranked and rewarded in God's eternal family.

For that reason, life in this world is an extremely valuable thing. We should not be in too much of a hurry to leave this world. We should approach it with an opportunistic mindset.

If then this is true, it makes sense that we should celebrate life here. This celebration in the birth of a child too makes sense to Christians because each new human being is a potential Christian who will complete our number and bring the Day of God's resolution of creature history that much closer.

In conclusion then, certainly death is better for believers than life in this world, but life in this world is still to be valued tremendously because of the opportunities for eternal gain that it presents to us.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
peggywebbs:
We are not suffering for Adam and Eve's disobedience. The disobedience marked the beginning of sin and soiled our holy nature. Did sin stop with Adam and Eve? No. Instead they said it continued to spread, after them the first murder took place and men continued to move farther away from God.

If you look at what is happening today and compare to Adam and Eve, that's child's play. We have become worse than what we were originally meant to be. Even if Adam and Eve were pardoned wonder what would have happened in the heavens. I'm sure God would have been included in numerous heavenly wars and coup attempts. The whole place will be soiled. The riches converted, a division where there is the vulnerable poor and the strong rich. Anyway the thoughts are endless.

I think we were brought here to prove ourselves like a test. If we can defeat sin and evil, then we qualify to enjoy eternity with our father. The earth was rich with treasures and temptation, it was set perfectly for us to do as we wish. While others forgot about God, some still continue to remember that there is God and serve him. We need to discover ourselves and not let the temptations of the earth pull us away from our true nature which is to be with God in our first home.
I am afraid that there is no such thing as a "sin nature" and no such thing as a "soiled holy nature". This is made more than clear in the examples that are Abel and Seth, both men direct descendants of Adam, the man condemned to die for His sins and through whom it is claimed that Sin entered into this world.

This is made more than clear in the fact that Adam's own sons, Abel, who unlike his father before him, chose to obey God's commands and rules instead, leading to God declaring him righteous in His sight.

While it is not directly known what Seth's relationship with God was but it is believed that since he is ancestor to such men as Enoch and Noah, that he was also a righteous man as suggested by his mother.

. Now, if Abel and Seth's line could do what their father could not do, that blows the doctrine of a "sin nature" clear out of the water and into the trash where it belongs. And it also sheds light on the fact that all those who were declared righteous by God made a choice, without any initial help by God, to trust and obey God, in much the same way Jesus Christ calls on ordinary men to make the choice to accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments even today.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Mar 25, 2021
Myfault:

Proverbs or Ecclesiastes? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Discerning Spiritual Things / This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins / Matthew 13:11 Luke 8:10 Is The True God Partial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.