Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Is The New Testament Still New? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The New Testament Still New? (393 Views)

Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. / The Differences Between The Old Testament And New Testament / Dr Paul Enenche: JESUS CONFIRMS The Tithe (with New Testament Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The New Testament Still New? by urchcoded(m): 8:21am On Mar 21, 2021
I don't like to be the one, but aren't the old and new testaments both old now?
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by extol1(m): 8:26am On Mar 21, 2021
urchcoded:
elucidate more
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by hakeem4(m): 8:34am On Mar 21, 2021
urchcoded:
yes, they are older now.
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by AntiChristian: 8:40am On Mar 21, 2021
Who gave those names? Old and new?
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 8:41am On Mar 21, 2021
hakeem4:
yes, they are older now.
the word of the Lord is always new
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by hakeem4(m): 8:47am On Mar 21, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
the word of the Lord is always new
the word of the lord is always archaic

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 8:50am On Mar 21, 2021
hakeem4:

It's tear rubber. Tuntun Cha Cha brandnew
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:55am On Mar 21, 2021
Hmmm...
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:55am On Mar 21, 2021
urchcoded:

The Truth is in the Past son, so no worries! grin
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:57am On Mar 21, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

It's year rubber. Tuntun Cha Cha brandnew

grin Shiny!

However there is nothing like New Testament rather it is The Refreshing and The Renewal of The Old!
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:58am On Mar 21, 2021
hakeem4:

grin The Truth is Always in the Past!
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:58am On Mar 21, 2021
You lack knowledge. You think old and new is about age, no it's not. The new testament is the new agreement, new way to be saved and reconciled with God. It's still new.
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:59am On Mar 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

The Deceitful and Wicked People!
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:00am On Mar 21, 2021
Arkmanbuddy:
You lack knowledge. You think old and new is about age, no it's not. The new testament is the new agreement, new way to be saved and reconciled with God. It's still new.

That is not True, it is rather A Refreshing and Re-Restoration of The Old since your wicked fathers had run away from it!

So God brought it back Again! grin

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:07am On Mar 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

That is not True, it is rather A Refreshing and Re-Restoration of The Old since your wicked fathers had run away from it!

So God brought it back Again! grin

You're wrong Sir. Christ is the new testament, not the law. The law was used to guard the people for a time. The new testament is the way to God, which is Christ. He is the gospel. He is our salvation. He's not old, he lives forever. The law only leads to death.

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by AntiChristian: 9:08am On Mar 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Deceitful and Wicked People!

Do you have their names?
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by AntiChristian: 9:10am On Mar 21, 2021
So here are the questions!
1. Do you follow all the laws from Genesis to revelation in your Bible?
2. When was the Bible as it is today first compiled?
3. Can you mention the Books/chapters it contained?
4. How was each book authenticated?
5. Who were the writer of each Books?
6. And how can we ascertain these writers of the OT and NT?
7. Who were the copyists of each of the Bible Books?
8. How was it preserved from generation to generation?
9. What do you think of John 5:7 in the KJV and in the other recent Bible versions?

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:11am On Mar 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

Do you have their names?

Nope, I am satisfied with the fact that they are wicked persons!
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by Draslo(m): 9:31am On Mar 21, 2021
urchcoded:
You're right. O ti pe lori gba.

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by urchcoded(m): 9:40am On Mar 21, 2021
extol1:

elucidate more
I mean just like you agree that the old testament is now outdated and we can't possibly live by that standard in this our modern world, don't u think the new testament is now outdated too and can't accommodate the realities of today's world. I'm just asking tho I'm not saying with authority
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:42am On Mar 21, 2021
Arkmanbuddy:

You're wrong Sir. Christ is the new testament, not the law. The law was used to guard the people for a time. The new testament is the way to God, which is Christ. He is the gospel. He is our salvation. He's not old, he lives forever. The law only leads to death.

See how you cancel yourself because of lack of understanding?

"The new testament is the way to God, which is Christ" and "Christ is the new testament, not the law"!

Meanwhile, it is Clearly Written that Christ is The Destination of The Law! That is what Lawyer Paul said and Meant because that is what his statement means when interpreted "Lawyerly and Legally!

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." Romans 10:4

The word "End" in Law means "Destination, Aim and Goal"Not Extinguished, finished death and termination in ordinary English language!

Paul was a Lawyer and Wrote as One that is why understanding fails many of you!
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by extol1(m): 9:55am On Mar 21, 2021
urchcoded:
I mean just like you agree that the old testament is now outdated and we can't possibly live by that standard in this our modern world, don't u think the new testament is now outdated too and can't accommodate the realities of today's world. I'm just asking tho I'm not saying with authority
to the best of my knowledge, both the old testament and new testament are never outdated, reason been that it is common and still used in our contemporary societies. it can only be outdated if there is an updated edition. most of these things happening in our world today's is a repetition of what happened in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:24am On Mar 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

See how you cancel yourself because of lack of understanding?

"The new testament is the way to God, which is Christ" and "Christ is the new testament, not the law"!

Meanwhile, it is Clearly Written that Christ is The Destination of The Law! That is what Lawyer Paul said and Meant because that is what his statement means when interpreted "Lawyerly and Legally!

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." Romans 10:4

The word "End" in Law means "Destination, Aim and Goal"Not Extinguished, finished death and termination in ordinary English language!

Paul was a Lawyer and Wrote as One that is why understanding fails many of you!

What you've just shown is a kid knowledge of the word of God. Why didn't Paul speak on tithing? Why did he talk down on the importance of circumcision, though it's a key part of the Jewish law?
What the passage you quoted is really saying is that the belief in Christ has replaced the law -- no more sacrifices and physical activities to obey the law.

Get knowledge and stop being ignorant. Truthspeaker indeed! grin grin grin
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:47am On Mar 24, 2021
AntiChristian:

I thought you claimed to have knw the origin of Injeel and Torah, why asking such a question
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:15am On Mar 24, 2021
Arkmanbuddy:

What you've just shown is a kid knowledge of the word of God. Why didn't Paul speak on tithing?

Must He Comment on ALL subjects of The Law?
Anyway does this commentary not cover tithing?
"Giving thanks, Always, For All Things, Unto God and The Father, in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ" Ephesians 5:20

Arkmanbuddy:

Why did he talk down on the importance of circumcision, though it's a key part of the Jewish law?

Is Romans Chapters 2,3 and 4 not enough commentary about circumcision?

Arkmanbuddy:

What the passage you quoted is really saying is that the belief in Christ has replaced the law -- no more sacrifices and physical activities to obey the law.

Get knowledge and stop being ignorant. Truthspeaker indeed! grin grin grin

Interpretation of simple ordinary folks and Paul was not an Ordinary Folk, he was a Lawyer, even a Lawyer's Lawyer, hence the need for Legal Interpretation!
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:11am On Mar 24, 2021
After the completion of the writings it was sealed for years until translators from different places began making effort to interpret the writings.
The Bible was written in three segments:
Hebrews Scriptures ~ written in Hebrew language before the fall of Jerusalem in the year 607 before Christ by Babylonians.
Aramaic Scriptures ~ written in Aramaic language (Babylonian dialect) after the return of Jews from Babylon.
Greek Scriptures ~ written in Greek after the assenssion of Jesus.

Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were Hebrews so when Moses wrote the first five books it was kept in this language, other writers after Moses did the same by penning down their accounts in Hebrew. When Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon conquered Jerusalem and took the people to Babylon, they spent seventy years there so by the time they were to return the generation that was taken as captives to Babylon were no more, most of the returnees were Children burn to them in Babylon. Therefore any prophet writing God's message would do so in Aramaic for the benefit of the returnees.
When Jesus walked the earth it was the Greek language that was prevalent so his followers penned down everything the knew in Greek. Moreover Jews kept agitating that Jesus was not a prophet of God so to avoid their troubles the Christians kept all their writings in the world's most popular language of the time (Greek)

It was the translators who labeled Bible as the Old and New Testament basing their perception on the fact that the scrolls written before Christ are the old while those written after are new.

That's why the New Word Translation (published by Watchtower Bible and tract society) never used the terms Old and New rather the two Bible parts were appropriately called

Hebrew-Aramaic Scriptures (Genesis-Malachi)
and
Christian Greek Scriptures (Matthew-Revelations)
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by Kobojunkie: 1:20pm On Mar 24, 2021
urchcoded:
Have you finished learning the 50-something commandments that Jesus Christ gave you through His teachings found in the gospels? Have you worked them all into your daily life, making sure to obey them no matter what? undecided

If no, then it remains New to you...the end.
Re: Is The New Testament Still New? by AntiChristian: 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

I thought you claimed to have knw the origin of Injeel and Torah, why asking such a question

Where did I claim such o blatant liar?

(1) (Reply)

T.B Joshua In A Nutshell. / This Pastors Shares Why Living Faith Church Sacked Them In New Video / Message To Ethiopia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.