Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,072 members, 7,852,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. (739 Views)

Abuja - Buy My Top Grade 2009/10 Toyota Venza XLE / Who Will Buy My 2005 BMW 7 Series / Buy My Lr3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by Runx: 7:02am On Mar 22, 2021
Please gentlemen/car guru's in the house, I need to make a choice between these 2005 to 2008 vehicles.
1. 2005 Toyota 4runner
2. 2005 Toyota Highlander (off road use) or
3. 2008 Mazda cx-9
4. 2008 Lexus Gs350 (for town commute).
Budget for any choice is capped at M3.5m.
I need advice on availability for spare parts, competency to repair, engine type to look out for, driving/handling characteristics and fuel economy especially for nos. (3&4).
Resale value is not a consideration please.
Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by andycom(m): 7:05am On Mar 22, 2021
Toyota Highlander is your best option.

1 Like

Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by Runx: 7:41am On Mar 22, 2021
andycom:
Toyota Highlander is your best option.
Thank you for your contribution
Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by lilvicky68(m): 7:43am On Mar 22, 2021
Toyota 4runner for me though
Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by oladipuposadeeq(m): 7:50am On Mar 22, 2021
As for me toyota 4runner is the best out of all options listed. Durability:top notch; maintenance: superb; availability of spare parts: everywhere. Its a vehicle you will enjoy and if you eventually want to buy it go for the v6 not the v8.

1 Like

Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by Runx: 7:51am On Mar 22, 2021
lilvicky68:
Toyota 4runner for me though
Can you please give a tech reason for your choice. I must confess, I commute from town to a remote area for work on a daily.
Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by Runx: 7:55am On Mar 22, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
As for me toyota 4runner is the best out of all options listed. Durability:top notch; maintenance: superb; availability of spare parts: everywhere. Its a vehicle you will enjoy and if you eventually want to buy it go for the v6 not the v8.
I am considering the v6 version also. Fuel economy is not a consideration because it's a truck after all. Please any timing chain issues to consider?
Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by lilvicky68(m): 7:55am On Mar 22, 2021
Runx:

Can you please give a tech reason for your choice. I must confess, I commute from town to a remote area for work on a daily.
4runner looks like a strong car considering your daily movements it will be okay..

1 Like

Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by 2shaw: 7:56am On Mar 22, 2021
V6 is 1GR. Engine is close to 1.4m,u better go for v8 4runner or close eye buy naija used highlander 09 model 3.2m. Or manage rx 330 3.4m
Runx:

Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:03am On Mar 22, 2021
Runx:

I am considering the v6 version also. Fuel economy is not a consideration because it's a truck after all. Please any timing chain issues to consider?
sincerely that I don't know you can visit Google to enhance your knowledge on that or contact nurey or GAZZUZ for more advice.
Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 22, 2021
Runx:
Please gentlemen/car guru's in the house, I need to make a choice between these 2005 to 2008 vehicles.
1. 2005 Toyota 4runner
3. 2008 Mazda cx-9
I need advice on availability for spare parts, competency to repair, engine type to look out for, driving/handling characteristics and fuel economy especially for nos. (3&4).
Don't know much about cars though but considering resale value, I will go for the most recent model - the lexus

Congrats in advance on getting your new baby, wishing you a smooth and safe ride at all times

1 Like

Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by Anchor84: 6:12am On Mar 24, 2021
Runx:

4Runner is Rugged Yes,I mean Very but the Engine is very very Expensive.for me I’ll pick Highlander over nd over because of the maintenance nd 2nd hand Value.go for the one with AWD

Tho I hv one Accident free coming in April but I’m not advising u to wait if u r ready just look out for a good car here.

1 Like

Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by jaxxy(m): 7:55pm On Mar 24, 2021
Runx:
1. 2005 Toyota 4runner
3. 2008 Mazda cx-9

Go for an Rx330 2005/06 and thank me later.
Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by AKONE(m): 9:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
If you're using it for off road, 4runner is your best bet. I have 2005 4runner and 2008 Highlander. I've been using the 4runner for six years, and I've never had any major issues with it.
Re: At The Crossroad To Buy My Second Car. by Runx: 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2021
jaxxy:

Go for an Rx330 2005/06 and thank me later.
Can you relate drive/handling experience on tough/flooded roads. Eg. does it have sensor issues or sensor problem to look out for? Also which engine type to consider?

(1) (Reply)

Clean Nissan Almera Tino Going For 1m In Ibadan / Nigerian Used 02 Toyota Corolla For Hot Plate / Reg 2008 Benz GL450 Available In Abuja*SOLD*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.