Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) (2133 Views)

Humans To Be Implanted With 6G Chips - Pekka Lundmark (Nokia CEO) / This Is Why Humans Can Drink Snakes Venom & Still Stay Alive (Photos, Video) / 'Ghost' Population Of Humans Discovered In Ancient Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by Nobody: 4:10am On Mar 23, 2021
Alexey Turchin, a "transhumanist" academic, has published an Immortality Roadmap which details how humanity will one day be able to live forever and even bring the dead back to life

Humans may one day be able to live forever and even bring the dead back to life, a "transhumanist" believes.

Alexey Turchin is a Russian academic who has dedicated his work to the pursuit of immortality inspired by the death of a childhood friend when he was only 11.

He has published several books on the subject, and recently released a paper titled the Classification of Approaches to Technological Resurrection for the Foundation Science for Life Extension in Moscow.

Written with fellow scholar Maxim Chernyakov, it contains something called an "Immortality Roadmap" which details four different paths to indefinite life so that readers can "choose their own adventure". If one plan for life extension should fail, there are three others as back up.

"Death seems to be a permanent event, but there is no actual proof of its irreversibility," the authors write.

"Here we list all known ways to resurrect the dead that do not contradict our current scientific understanding of the world. While no method is currently possible, many of those listed here may become feasible with future technological development, and it may even be possible to act now to increase their probability."

Plan A is simply surviving until technology becomes advanced enough to artificially prolong life. In the meantime humans who want to live forever must simply stave off death by replacing their organs with bioengineered ones or simply staying alive in a "nanotech body".

As these methods are mostly unavailable or unsuccessful, Turchin recommends Plan B - cryonics, or freezing the body until a solution is developed, a service already offered by several companies.

Plan C is "digital immortality", which involves preserving data about a specific person so that they can be reconstructed in the future by AI beyond current capabilities. It's also known as "indirect mind uploading".

The tech dystopian series Black Mirror portrayed the downsides of this kind of technology in the episode Be Right Back, in which a woman recreates her dead husband in a cyborg based on his social media history.

Turchin is already committed to ensuring his preservation in internet history - he's been recording every minute detail of his life as it happens

He hopes that one day, a superintelligent AI will be able to take all this information and create a digital version of himself. This digitised person could even be downloaded into a host body cloned from Turchin's own body while he was alive, Israel 365 News reports.

Plan D is simple: have faith in the possibility of immortality, either on the quantum level or through AI.

Turchin recommends applying all four of the approaches to have the best chance of living forever, but it could be a long wait.

"The development of AI is going rather fast, but we are still far away from being able to 'download' a human into a computer," he told Russia Beyond.

"If we want to do it with a good probability of success, then count on [the year] 2600, to be sure."

And there's another technology-in-waiting that could help his vision of eternal life be realised: time travel that brings the dead back to life.

"More speculative ways to immortality include combinations of future superintelligence on a galactic scale, which could use simulation to resurrect all possible people, and new physical laws, which may include time-travel or obtaining information from the past," the paper reads.

A powerful time travel machine would require an immense amount of energy, which the researchers theorise could be provided by a "Dyson Sphere".

This hypothetical megastructure would completely encompass a star to capture a large percentage of its power output.

A Dyson Sphere around our sun would produce roughly 400 septillion watts per second, they said, concluding that some kind of immortality or death reversal is not only possible but certain.

"There many possible approaches to technological resurrection and thus if large-scale future technological development occurs, some form of resurrection is inevitable," they wrote.
Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/humans-immortal-2600-time-travel-23772983
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by LeeSantos(m): 4:14am On Mar 23, 2021
...that's to say. those cremated cannot be resurrected.
shò whin mi ni?
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by Gofwane(m): 4:30am On Mar 23, 2021
Wetin consine me. Right now I am busy with my own research.

1 Like

Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 4:34am On Mar 23, 2021
Fake nus
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by Ekejoestar(m): 5:13am On Mar 23, 2021
Where we want get raw materials take build a dyson sphere?
Well, I love science cos it challenges us to do more
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by popweezy(m): 5:14am On Mar 23, 2021
who dey always give una this kind lies sef immortal kor immortress ni
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by Jazzman01: 6:32am On Mar 23, 2021
How do you preserve your consciousness? and how do you transfer your consciousness into these digital copies?

Science might advance to the stage of creating a digital copy of Turchin and any other person that so wish but the big question is will Mr Turchin even know that he is the one after been recreated? the digital copy may behave and reason exactly like Turchin but the big question still remains that is Mr Turchin still aware of himself?

2 Likes

Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by richmond500: 6:33am On Mar 23, 2021
popweezy:
I believe it.
Time travel will be achievable and if u have read about it, u will know time travel is just a matter of times before humans figure it out.
Immortality is also achievable cos when u die, all ur body organs do not shut down at once, if u can prevent cells from breaking and aging, u can achieve immortality.
It won't be like those vampire movies though but some organs will be robotic and a touch on human brains will help achieve this

1 Like

Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by richmond500: 6:35am On Mar 23, 2021
Jazzman01:
how do you preserve your consciousness?
The brain and neurons has a way of controlling every part of ur body, ur organs is also affected by ur brains.
An extensive study on the brain and some cyborg upgrade can achieve this
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by richmond500: 6:39am On Mar 23, 2021
I am sure 600years ago, if they tell u that humans will create artificial sun, u won't believe it, 600yrs ago if they tell u that humans will be able make their voice travel at instantaneous speed(which is faster than speed of light) u won't believe it. But its happening

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by richmond500: 6:47am On Mar 23, 2021
LeeSantos:
...that's to say. those cremated cannot be resurrected.
shò whin mi ni?
Time travel is the ability of going back to the past and not ressirecting the dead like Jesus and Lazarus story.
Its just going back to the time when they are alive.
There is a distance u will get to in space and if u look down on earth with a telescope from such distance, u will see the past and even see dinosaurs (Lalasticlala's favourite) because we count universe time base on light years.

At this moment, if u can look into space and have a mirror kinda thing far in space which reflects back ur look to earth, u may see ur ancestors, its just simple physics that calculates when the light that sets from here will hit that point in space.

(what i am saying is that assuming it takes light 10mins to get to the moon, someone on the moon who is currently looking at us will never see the present but will only see the earth 10mins late, that is seeing 10mins ago, a father into the universe and u will see 100million years ago and there is no end cos space is infinite)

Currently u are able to see cos of light, whatever u see today is in the past, it has already happened some time ago and when the light gets to u.

The problem is that man hasn't been able to beat light speed, we are not even close to relativistic, but light speed is never achievable even in the next billion years but there are other options of going back to the past, like when a blackhole is about to get destroyed(particles around it do time travel)

5 Likes

Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by illicit(m): 6:59am On Mar 23, 2021
The future is scary....
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by richmond500: 7:08am On Mar 23, 2021
popweezy:
why would u believe this shit, after all ur country is yet to get sim registration right so anything about AI, quantum physics, super computers, electron positron collider is fake news to u
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by LeeSantos(m): 7:09am On Mar 23, 2021
richmond500:
Time travel is the ability of going back to the past and not ressirecting the dead like Jesus and Lazarus story.
Its just going back to the time when they are alive.
There is a distance u will get to in space and if u look down on earth with a telescope from such distance, u will see the past and even see dinosaurs (Lalasticlala's favourite) because we count universe time base on light years.

At this moment, if u can look into space and have a mirror kinda thing far in space which reflects back ur look to earth, u may see ur ancestors, its just simple physics that calculates when the light that sets from here will hit that point in space.

(what i am saying is that assuming it takes light 10mins to get to the moon, someone on the moon who is currently looking at us will never see the present but will only see the earth 10mins late, that is seeing 10mins ago, a father into the universe and u will see 100million years ago and there is no end cos space is infinite)

Currently u are able to see cos of light, whatever u see today is in the past, it has already happened some time ago and when the light gets to u.

The problem is that man hasn't been able to beat light speed, we are not even close to relativistic, but light speed is never achievable even in the next billion years but there are other options of going back to the past, like when a blackhole is about to get destroyed(particles around it do time travel)

it also talked out preserving someone till when technology get advance. so I am trying to say. those religion that cremate will not have the chance to partake from the advancement
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by Jazzman01: 7:10am On Mar 23, 2021
richmond500:
The brain and neurons has a way of controlling every part of ur body, ur organs is also affected by ur brains.
An extensive study on the brain and some cyborg upgrade can achieve this

I have updated the post, refresh the page and check the post again to have a clearer understanding of the point I was trying to make
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by Masterclass32: 7:11am On Mar 23, 2021
Chasing shadows.
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by richmond500: 7:16am On Mar 23, 2021
LeeSantos:

it also talked out preserving someone till when technology get advance. so I am trying to say. those religion that cremate will not have the chance to partake from the advancement
Oh, that is true though but I don't think i would want to be preserved for 600years grin
If any berger tries that with me, I will so hunt them like in supernatural movies ehn
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by Truthabulabula(m): 7:37am On Mar 23, 2021
Alien Stacyo come and see this shocked

How possible and authentic is it?
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by Reex12(m): 7:43am On Mar 23, 2021
we await the immortality then
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:44am On Mar 23, 2021
By Apocalypse or what
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by LadyTiannah2: 7:58am On Mar 23, 2021
The concept of immortality is indeed a fascinating one, but we have to accept the fact that death is necessary. Its part of the cycle of life; imagine how the world would be like if nothing and no one died; would be grossly overpopulated, more than it already is
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by richmond500: 8:32am On Mar 23, 2021
LadyTiannah2:
The concept of immortality is indeed a fascinating one, but we have to accept the fact that death is necessary. Its part of the cycle of life; imagine how the world would be like if nothing and no one died; would be grossly overpopulated, more than it already is
Currently the world is not over populated, with the right buildings and housing structure, the entire world could live in Nigeria alone.
But keep that aside, with immortality, I think many people will stop the idea of procreation, if I had to live forever, I wouldn't need a child to be frank.

My main aim of birthing a child is to continue my legacy, my name, my culture and tradition, a transfer of knowledge, wealth, fame and power so it doesn't die with me, but if I am immortal, I wouldn't need a child, I'll just have a lot of maids to take care of me

1 Like

Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by LadyTiannah2: 8:40am On Mar 23, 2021
richmond500:
Currently the world is not over populated, with the right buildings and housing structure, the entire world could live in Nigeria alone.
But keep that aside, with immortality, I think many people will stop the idea of procreation, if I had to live forever, I wouldn't need a child to be frank.

My main aim of birthing a child is to continue my legacy, my name, my culture and tradition, a transfer of knowledge, wealth, fame and power so it doesn't die with me, but if I am immortal, I wouldn't need a child, I'll just have a lot of maids to take care of me
Lol@ your first paragraph
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by richmond500: 9:20am On Mar 23, 2021
LadyTiannah2:

Lol@ your first paragraph
I know u may think its a lie but with our yeye housing structure and very few sky craper. Nigeria is housing about 3% of the world population and we still have enough room to accommodate ×7 the number, there are too much space to live in that is inhabited and also the rural areas are so sparsely populated that one man could even have an acre of land, this is not applicable to Lagos and PH sha. but a large state like borno has less population that that small tiny island called lagos which is more than 10times smaller than borno or niger

If we build sky scrapers like in Dubai and Paris, we can all fit in Nigeria.
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by LadyTiannah2: 9:41am On Mar 23, 2021
richmond500:
I know u may think its a lie but with our yeye housing structure and very few sky craper. Nigeria is housing about 3% of the world population and we still have enough room to accommodate ×7 the number, there are too much space to live in that is inhabited and also the rural areas are so sparsely populated that one man could even have an acre of land, this is not applicable to Lagos and PH sha. but a large state like borno has less population that that small tiny island called lagos which is more than 10times smaller than borno or niger

If we build sky scrapers like in Dubai and Paris, we can all fit in Nigeria.
You're living in a dreamland if you think the world's population can fit into Nigeria. We can say that an area is overpopulated, when the available resources in that area are not enough for the people living therein
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by sunshineV(f): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2021
i hope my grand kids will be rich enough to afford dis tech cus i dont want to stay dead long
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by thatsleepboy1: 10:10am On Mar 23, 2021
Ọnụahịa
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by Refinedbeing(m): 10:15am On Mar 23, 2021
Wierd news category. Nonsense
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by Twelfthman: 10:21am On Mar 23, 2021
Why not tell people the price they have to pay for that? The inhumane things y'all have to do
Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 23, 2021
FILM

Re: Humans To Be Immortal By 2600 - Expert (Photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 27, 2021
Truthabulabula:
Alien Stacyo come and see this shocked

How possible and authentic is it?

Quite possible

But, it will require a lot of sacrifice and intelligence.

Intelligence which won't be gotten from humans alone but equally from aliens.

Back in space we were stored in mini houses also known as preservers by me.
Due to zero gravitational force, people tend to age younger instead of older back in space.

Looking at this
If gravity can be defeated, definitely humans will live quite long and very much younger.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Anyone With Video Clips Of Demolition Of Boi Building In Lagos To Post It Here / RE: Are You On The Dark Web? / Top 3 Mistakes To Avoid While Buying The Best Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.