Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site (764 Views)

PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? / Warning Against The Fraudulent Site Known As Testalcards.com / Nigerian Bags A One-year Jail Term For Operating A Fraudulent Facebook Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site by Ublaize: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2021
It is no longer safe to transact on Jumia and Standard Chartered Bank . Funds in my ATM which was tied to my Jumia account was totally wiped out. All Items were bought on the Jumia portal using my ATM card details. No order numbers or mails were sent to me by Jumia neither was my email hacked. Albeit, I got a number of OTPs from my bank and called why I was getting those OTPs despite not being involved in any ongoing transactions but couldn't get a good reason so didn't give the instruction for them to block my ATM card.

The next day on the verge of using same ATM discovered I had nothing left. Thankfully, I don't leave heart disturbing sum on all my online activated accounts. Upon my personal investigations discovered the fraudulent transactions were done between 14th/15th March, 2021 at wee hours of the day. Also, noticed my phone number on the Jumai pay account which is concurrently & inadvertently activated once you have a Jumia account and buy/pay via the platform has been changed to +2349131640737. I don't know who owns this number. A total of 17 transactions were done/attempted on my Jumia account.

Jumia and Standard Chartered Bank have been tossing me back and forth on my request for refund. There is no way an order can be done on Jumai without an item, order number, address, name and phone number. I have asked Jumia to disclose this but they have become an accomplice to fraud by withholding information.

If your account is USSD, Online banking or VISA card enabled kindly disable/disuse as these are fraud propellers and most importantly if you transact on Jumai or bank with Standard Chartered Bank you should be extremely worried.

Honestly, chasing this thing can be wearing but I will give them the bad name they have duly earned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site by Emmadoc: 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
Stanbic ibtc are the worst... They are thieves, I will keep calling them out till they refund my money.

(1) (Reply)

Gunshots Heard As Violence Erupts In Iyana Iba / 3 Yahoo Plus Boys Seen Bathing On Mokola Bridge, Ibadan [watch VIDEO] / Wanted Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.