Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site (1039 Views)

Tingo Group (Dozy Mmobuosi) Is A Fraudulent Enterprise / I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account / Jumia Vendors BEWARE - Jumia Is Collecting BVN For FIRS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site by Ublaize: 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
It is no longer safe to transact on Jumia and Standard Chartered Bank . Funds in my ATM which was tied to my Jumia account was totally wiped out. All Items were bought on the Jumia portal using my ATM card details. No order numbers or mails were sent to me by Jumia neither was my email hacked. Albeit, I got a number of OTPs from my bank and called why I was getting those OTPs despite not being involved in any ongoing transactions but couldn't get a good reason so didn't give the instruction for them to block my ATM card.

The next day on the verge of using same ATM discovered I had nothing left. Thankfully, I don't leave heart disturbing sum on all my online activated accounts. Upon my personal investigations discovered the fraudulent transactions were done between 14th/15th March, 2021 at wee hours of the day. Also, noticed my phone number on the Jumai pay account which is concurrently & inadvertently activated once you have a Jumia account and buy/pay via the platform has been changed to +2349131640737. I don't know who owns this number. A total of 17 transactions were done/attempted on my Jumia account.

Jumia and Standard Chartered Bank have been tossing me back and forth on my request for refund. There is no way an order can be done on Jumai without an item, order number, address, name and phone number. I have asked Jumia to disclose this but they have become an accomplice to fraud by withholding information.

If your account is USSD, Online banking or VISA card enabled kindly disable/disuse as these are fraud propellers and most importantly if you transact on Jumai or bank with Standard Chartered Bank you should be extremely worried.

Honestly, chasing this thing can be wearing but I will give them the bad name they have duly earned.

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site by BlueSparks: 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2021
Your command of English is legendary. In this generation of pervasive mediocrity that has fast become the norm, it's good to see one that stands an exemption.

All aspects of your writeup depicts intelligence.

Thank you for being a genius.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site by providencia(m): 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2021
Since the phone number was changed, it could be someone got access to your jumia login details. Start the investigation from people around you. The bank may not have anything to do with this
Re: JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site by online4business: 1:20pm On Mar 23, 2021
providencia:
Since the phone number was changed, it could be someone got access to your jumia login details. Start the investigation from people around you. The bank may not have anything to do with this
then they should reveal the real identity of the thief why withhold information from him if they are not accomplices.

since he knows the number omo na to call the person and chant some incantation on his sorry ass oo lol
Re: JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site by providencia(m): 1:23pm On Mar 23, 2021
online4business:

then they should reveal the real identity of the thief why withhold information from him if they are not accomplices.

since he knows the number omo na to call the person and chant some incantation on his sorry ass oo lol
Yeah you are right.
Re: JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site by abhosts(m): 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
This is very strange if true. This means Jumiapay is able to override the bank's OTP verification system to debit your account?
Re: JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site by Fihoco: 4:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
This is so bad if its true. Jumia is suppose to even stop the delivery of those items once substantial prove has been tendered by the real owner of the account. Cos i know it will take some few days for those item bought to be delivered.

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Is Now A Fraudulent Site by kaywon: 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2021
Jumia is at high risk of indirectly scaring away their own customers if they handle this sensitive case with kids gloves

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of This Scammer / Wire Cheque / U Want To Start musics studio or U Need Pos Stand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.