Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,389 members, 7,853,739 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:52 PM

Who Is A Kind Patriarchal Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is A Kind Patriarchal Man (351 Views)

Pls A Kind Hearted Nairalander Should Help Me Get Driver's License / I Just Got A Job In Lagos And I'm Looking To Share Rent With A Kind Soul / Mixed Reactions As A Kind Man Allows Children To Watch Tv In His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Kind Patriarchal Man by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 25, 2021
I can't wrap my head around the "kind patriarchal man " bullshit . A new variant of feminists are now saying that they would prefer kind patriarchal men to male feminists . what makes it so confusing is that female feminists have always said patriarchy is system that was built to ; keep women in check , suppress women , torture women , stop women from having careers , relegate women to the kitchen , Make women less humans than men e.t.c .

The same patriarchal men that feminists always complain are self-centered misogynists . Feminists have always condemned patriarchy , they say it's evil but somehow they would prefer a "KIND PATRIARCHAL MAN" .
I just don't get it again , I thought they said patriarchy was evil but somehow they would prefer the "kind" version of evil. it's just like saying you prefer a kind version of evil

Please who is a "kind patriarchal man "
Re: Who Is A Kind Patriarchal Man by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
A "kind patriarchal man" is a financial provider like a traditional man in the 50s - 90s, but it doesn't stop there. He allows the woman to have the privilege of the 21st century woman, he helps with all the chores, cooking, raising children & other household things involved in running a family. Think of it like a Dangote that also does house chores who doesn't assert control over his wife, allows the wife to make important decisions.

Keep in mind that a broke man cannot qualify for a "kind patriarchal man", you need to have some good financial stability to have Patriarchy at all.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Kind Patriarchal Man by ednut1(m): 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2021
How is this our business

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Kind Patriarchal Man by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2021
truthsayer009:
A "kind patriarchal man" is a financial provider like a traditional man in the 50s - 90s, but it doesn't stop there. He allows the woman to have the privilege of the 21st century woman, he helps with all the chores, cooking, raising children & other household things involved in running a family. Think of it like a Dangote that also does house chores who doesn't assert control over his wife, allows the wife to make important decisions.

Keep in mind that a broke man cannot qualify for a "kind patriarchal man", you need to have some good financial stability to have Patriarchy at all.
So simply put, a rich simp? grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Kind Patriarchal Man by AfroKnight: 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2021
These feminazis want to have their cake and eat it. cheesy
Re: Who Is A Kind Patriarchal Man by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:57am On Mar 26, 2021
Originally, patriarchy in itself isn't bad. The patriarchy that means:

A social system in which the father is head of the household, having authority over women and children, and in which lineage is traced through the male line.

But the word seems to have evolved in recent times. It has now evolved to refer to a system where males feel superior (there's no superiority between a man and a woman). This superiority now results in societal expectations of a woman
- to always bend over... not in a way that suggests healthy compromise, but as though to say she's a less important person.
- to earn less pay for the same amount of work with her male counterpart.
- to not aspire to certain heights because there's a glass ceiling securely in place.
- to be governed by higher moral codes that a man is often exempt from. Etc etc etc

Women are well in their right to reject these conditionings because they truthfully don't make sense. My grouse with the idea of feminism today is first, that it has moved from addressing the salient matters to now focusing and encouraging destructive ideas.
Secondly, all of those limitations and stereotypes are no longer set in stone, nor are they generally suffered by everyone. They are now more workable. Women are smashing the glass ceiling everyday... women are getting more respect and recognition and dignity... women are getting married to men who see them as partners and do their wholesome bit to run the home. So the movement isn't necessary. Everything has come down to personal choices.

That being said, if some women are now talking about wanting "kind patriarchial" men, it's because they acknowledge that there's nothing wrong in a man being the head of the house. Deep down women want a man who can lead them... they just don't want him to treat them in a condescending manner,
they don't want him to consider it a taboo to go into the kitchen to cook on some days,
they don't want him to say a woman was made for or is more suitable for domestic chores,
- they want him to get comfortable with changing the baby's diapers and also waking up at night when they hear the baby crying to rock him back to sleep. Not staying down unmoved as if the baby is not also his.
- they want him to understand fully that she's a whole person with a voice, feelings choices, preferences, etc

Etc etc etc

Now if they say they don't want a male feminist, it's because so many of these male feminists are just agbayas. Lol. Some of them are conveniently looking for ways to escape their manly responsibilities, and let a woman do it for them. Most women don't want a man who's entitled to them splitting bills 50/50.

Finally, I'd like to restate that this whole feminsm rave is unnecessary, everything can be resolved on the altar of communication, avoiding the men who aren't what you want, and making diligent efforts to break the glass ceiling. For women who are in position of authority, fight for policies that will generally make the lives of other women today, and those to come, easier. C'est finis!

5 Likes

Re: Who Is A Kind Patriarchal Man by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 26, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

A social system in which the father is head of the household, having authority over women and children, and in which lineage is traced through the male line.

But the word seems to have evolved in recent times. It has now evolved to refer to a system where males feel superior (there's no superiority between a man and a woman). This superiority now results in societal expectations of a woman
- to always bend over... not in a way that suggests healthy compromise, but as though to say she's a less important person.
- to not aspire to certain heights because there's a glass ceiling securely in place.
- to be governed by higher moral codes that a man is often exempt from. Etc etc etc

Women are well in their right to reject these conditionings because they truthfully don't make sense. My grouse with the idea of feminism today is first, that it has moved from addressing the salient matters to now focusing and encouraging destructive ideas.
Secondly, all of those limitations and stereotypes are no longer set in stone, nor are they generally suffered by everyone. They are now more workable. Women are smashing the glass ceiling everyday... women are getting more respect and recognition and dignity... women are getting married to men who see them as partners and do their wholesome bit to run the home. So the movement isn't necessary. Everything has come down to personal choices.

That being said, if some women are now talking about wanting "kind patriarchial" men, it's because they acknowledge that there's nothing wrong in a man being the head of the house. Deep down women want a man who can lead them... they just don't want him to treat them in a condescending manner,
they don't want him to consider it a taboo to go into the kitchen to cook on some days,
they don't want him to say a woman was made for or is more suitable for domestic chores,
- they want him to get comfortable with changing the baby's diapers and also waking up at night when they hear the baby crying to rock him back to sleep. Not staying down unmoved as if the baby is not also his.
- they want him to understand fully that she's a whole person with a voice, feelings choices, preferences, etc

Etc etc etc

Now if they say they don't want a male feminist, it's because so many of these male feminists are just agbayas. Lol. Some of them are conveniently looking for ways to escape their manly responsibilities, and let a woman do it for them. Most women don't want a man who's entitled to them splitting bills 50/50.

Finally, I'd like to restate that this whole feminsm rave is unnecessary, everything can be resolved on the altar of communication, avoiding the men who aren't what you want, and making diligent efforts to break the glass ceiling. For women who are in position of authority, fight for policies that will generally make the lives of other women today, and those to come, easier. C'est finis!
"MANLY RESPONSIBILITIES" I thought we were advocating against gender roles ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Kind Patriarchal Man by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 26, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Etc etc etc

would the woman also realize that paying bills is not a man's job , would she also realize that protection is not a man's job , will she also be willing to take on physically demanding tasks at home? or does she just want the benefits of patriarchy and not the responsibilities .
If it's ok to assign "manly" responsibilities it should also be okay to assign "womanly" responsibilities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Kind Patriarchal Man by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:50am On Mar 26, 2021
notok:

would the woman also realize that paying bills is not a man's job , would she also realize that protection is not a man's job , will she also be willing to take on physically demanding tasks at home? or does she just want the benefits of patriarchy and not the responsibilities .
If it's ok to assign "manly" responsibilities it should also be okay to assign "womanly" responsibilities

I believe in femininity and masculinity... and each person doing what they can do better than the other.

I also believe in the stark differences between men and women only that it doesn't in any way mean one person is inferior or superior to the other.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Man Shares Pre-wedding Photo As He Set To Wed Two Ladies On Same Day In Delta / When Are We Going To Changed This Africa Tradition & Mentality / I Lost All My Money To My Sister's Help | Sunday Funday | Vlog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.