Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Medicine Or Programming - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medicine Or Programming (1509 Views)

Which One Is Better Medicine Or Petroleum Engineering / Advice: Should I Go For Medicine Or For A Masters? / Medicine Or Dentistry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medicine Or Programming by Lordsagna: 10:50am On Mar 28, 2021
I'm confused right now ..tho gat mad passion for medicine but fear of the future is what I'm battling with now, I'm scared of poverty I don't know which way to go now ... this is not about follow your mind or passion but about not getting poor in the future about reality ....tho I'm an engineering student but I've gat no interest in it...so I need advice on how to go about it I'll be 20 few months to this time...I need your sincere advice right now ....can I combine medicine and programming together?...does it worth it?... this's not about passion or follow your heart but about reality...pls advice me
Re: Medicine Or Programming by Lordsagna: 11:29am On Mar 28, 2021
Lordsagna:
I'm confused right now ..tho gat mad passion for medicine but fear of the future is what I'm battling with now, I'm scared of poverty I don't know which way to go now ... this is not about follow your mind or passion but about not getting poor in the future about reality ....tho I'm an engineering student but I've gat no interest in it...so I need advice on how to go about it I'll be 20 few months to this time...I need your sincere advice right now ....can I combine medicine and programming together?...does it worth it?... this's not about passion or follow your heart but about reality...pls advice me
Re: Medicine Or Programming by Kingkyle1(m): 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2021
Where's tensazangetsu20
I can't fathom the meaning of this moniker though but I think he can help.

To me, there's more money in tech. Being able to combine the two depends on your university modus operandi.
Re: Medicine Or Programming by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2021
Since you are already in engineering focus on it and learn programming by the side or if your school allows it switch to computer engineering. You aren't sure of getting admission for medicine if you abandon the program.

1 Like

Re: Medicine Or Programming by Maj196(m): 12:44pm On Mar 28, 2021
grin
Re: Medicine Or Programming by zealousayo(m): 12:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
Lordsagna:

Which Engineering course are you currently studying?
Re: Medicine Or Programming by Lordsagna: 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2021
zealousayo:

Which Engineering course are you currently studying?
chemical
Re: Medicine Or Programming by Lordsagna: 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Since you are already in engineering focus on it and learn programming by the side or if your school allows it switch to computer engineering. You aren't sure of getting admission for medicine if you abandon the program.

alright sir... what if by chance I gat medicine?...
Re: Medicine Or Programming by zealousayo(m): 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2021
Lordsagna:

chemical

Chemical Engineering is good too, not so broad though, but if you graduate with a good result, there's plenty money there. Hope your current CGPA is gallant?
Re: Medicine Or Programming by Lordsagna: 12:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
zealousayo:

Chemical Engineering is good too, not so broad though, but if you graduate with a good result, there's plenty money there. Hope your current CGPA is gallant?
currently writing first semester exam.
Re: Medicine Or Programming by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:55pm On Mar 28, 2021
Chemical engineering is terrible lipsrsealed almost as useless as petroleum engineering. Find out if you can switch to computer or electrical engineering find out your options. You can still learn programming on the side as a chemical engineering student but it would make more sense being in a department that does a lot of programming at the University level.

1 Like

Re: Medicine Or Programming by zealousayo(m): 1:02pm On Mar 28, 2021
Lordsagna:

currently writing first semester exam.

Please put a great effort into it, that's the foundation. I wish you the best in your exams.

1 Like

Re: Medicine Or Programming by Lordsagna: 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Chemical engineering is terrible lipsrsealed almost as useless as petroleum engineering. Find out if you can switch to computer or electrical engineering find out your options. You can still learn programming on the side as a chemical engineering student but it would make more sense being in a department that does a lot of programming at the University level.
alright sir.. I'm grateful
Re: Medicine Or Programming by Lordsagna: 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2021
zealousayo:

Please put a great effort into it, that's the foundation. I wish you the best in your exams.

Amen thank you sir.
Re: Medicine Or Programming by soundOsonic: 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2021
You people will just open mouth go and learn programming. The truth is it is not easy to learn programming if you don't have passion for it.
Knowing programming language will not guarantee a bright future. Most people have turned programming to a pyramid scheme in Nigeria. They don't know how to monetize the skill, hence, they earn money by simply just teaching people which in return those teach others.
If you want to learn programming learn it under an I.T startup company who would train you, and pay you at thesame time.

Only few that learned programming in their house a in a tutorial center that actually know what they are doing.

1 Like

Re: Medicine Or Programming by Lordsagna: 5:26pm On Mar 28, 2021
soundOsonic:
You people will just open mouth go and learn programming. The truth is it is not easy to learn programming if you don't have passion for it.
Knowing programming language will not guarantee a bright future. Most people have turned programming to a pyramid scheme in Nigeria. They don't know how to monetize the skill, hence, they earn money by simply just teaching people which in return those teach others.
If you want to learn programming learn it under an I.T startup company who would train you, and pay you at thesame time.

Only few that learned programming in their house a in a tutorial center that actually know what they are doing.
Sir can you name any IT company in Lagos?
Re: Medicine Or Programming by soundOsonic: 5:45pm On Mar 28, 2021
Lordsagna:

Sir can you name any IT company in Lagos?
Oga there are thousands. Most of them are startup browse it.
I got employed to a startup with no knowledge of programming or anything. They are the ones who sent me laptop, paid for online tutorials and certification more than 600$ to become a junior data scientist and paid me salary for data and light to learn though the work is remote. In 1year 6 month I should be a senior data scientist with a pay of 150k while still working remotely.
Re: Medicine Or Programming by Kingkyle1(m): 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2021
soundOsonic:

I got employed to a startup with no knowledge of programming or anything. They are the ones who sent me laptop, paid for online tutorials and certification more than 600$ to become a junior data scientist and paid me salary for data and light to learn though the work is remote. In 1year 6 month I should be a senior data scientist with a pay of 150k while still working remotely.

You're an inspiration already sir.
Good to know this
Re: Medicine Or Programming by jesmond3945: 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2021
soundOsonic:

are you using spark and pig?
Re: Medicine Or Programming by Ajibade123(m): 10:02pm On Mar 28, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
bro did you studied engineering??
if so which of the engineering??
Re: Medicine Or Programming by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2021
Ajibade123:

bro did you studied engineering??
if so which of the engineering??
Marine engineering.
Re: Medicine Or Programming by Abumuslim: 12:07am On Mar 29, 2021
soundOsonic:

Please how did you go about it? Also can they employ non uni graduates?
Re: Medicine Or Programming by mercidove: 10:54am On Mar 29, 2021
soundOsonic:

Sorry to bother you sir. Please I'd love to know how you were able to get a deal as scrumptious as this.
Re: Medicine Or Programming by soundOsonic: 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2021
mercidove:

Sorry to bother you sir. Please I'd love to know how you were able to get a deal as scrumptious as this.
Not a deal someone just referred me.
Re: Medicine Or Programming by soundOsonic: 1:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
Abumuslim:

Please how did you go about it? Also can they employ non uni graduates?
Someone referred me.

Apply for andela if you want a career in tech. Mine is not andela but a tech startup
Re: Medicine Or Programming by Abumuslim: 11:04pm On Mar 29, 2021
soundOsonic:

Someone referred me.

Apply for andela if you want a career in tech. Mine is not andela but a tech startup

Can I apply with O level?

(1) (Reply)

Inquiry On School Testimonial And Transcript / Are Students Just Lazy? / Admission List Of Poly Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.