Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,366 members, 7,850,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:49 PM

What Are The Best Laptop For Game Design Student - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Are The Best Laptop For Game Design Student (863 Views)

SOLD....UPDATED Pictures...Steering Wheel And Pedals For Game (PS3&PS4)... 4k / Need Location For Game/chicken And Chips/sharwama / Check Out Our FPL Table Standing For Game Week 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Best Laptop For Game Design Student by MuhammadAfzall(m): 11:44am On Mar 28, 2021
I'm a student of game development and was Looking for a laptop to run game development software like unreal engine 4 or unity 3D
And according to a review i found some best game design laptops,
Here is a list I choose the Acer Predator Helios 300 But I'm still confused and will love to know your opinion.

MSI GS66 Stealth 10SE-442
Acer Predator Helios 300
Lenovo Legion Y540
Razer Blade 15
Acer Nitro 5
ASUS ROG Strix G15
Alienware m15
Lenovo Legion 5
ASUS TUF FX505DT
Re: What Are The Best Laptop For Game Design Student by Bwilliam(m): 4:16pm On Mar 28, 2021
The laptop brand matters only 40% of the time, the most important thing is how they combined important specifications on their laptop.

Look out for
-Battery life
- screen resolution
- storage
- graphics card.
- processor
Not necessarily in that order.

I don't need to expound on the battery life as Nigerians we are.

Screen resolution:
Your minimum resolution should be 2k resolution. For best results - 4k.

Storage:
Must be SSD, minimum - 500gb. Some laptops come with both ssd and hdd. Make sure the O.S is installed on the ssd.

Graphics:
Minimum - GTX/RTX 1660 4gb or go for AMD graphics card

Processor :
intel i7 or equivalent AMD processor.

Some brands handle heating problems well, others don't.

Some brands use sturdier materials to built their laptops.

Best is to use websites that allow you to compare laptop specifications.

Every other thing na Jara.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Best Laptop For Game Design Student by Themaths(m): 7:52am On Mar 29, 2021
Dear OP, the guy above me has said it all. Unless you have some form of unlimited spending limit, I think the number one thing you should consider is your budget. These laptops won't be cheap, I'm sure you already know that. You don't necessarily have to get them brand new, clean UK used can save you alot of cost.

In addition, in terms of OS, always try and get latest generations, battery life cannot be overemphasized. Venting is important too for heat dissipation, RAM should be capped at 16GB minimum, the more the merrier. For storage, SSD+HDD is always welcomed. Thunderbolt port in case you need more graphical power. I think aesthetics will be down the pecking order, but it depends on you sha... People want sleek, others would prefer rugged. grin

Goodluck on your journey.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Best Laptop For Game Design Student by ReactGA: 9:41am On Apr 01, 2021
Graphics card is the no 1 thing u need to look out for in buying a gaming laptop. (Trust me I'm speaking from experience)

Just get any good laptop with a recent and good graphics card about 4gb VRAM, then maybe 8gb internal RAM and fairly decent storage.

Hold ur ear and listen to me, if u are going into game development, don't buy any laptop without a dedicated graphics card, i repeat don't because u won't b able to utilize all the game engine's feature like compute shaders or anything that uses it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Best Laptop For Game Design Student by Sheriman(m): 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2021
MuhammadAfzall:
I'm a student of game development and was Looking for a laptop to run game development software like unreal engine 4 or unity 3D
And according to a review i found some best game design laptops,
Here is a list I choose the Acer Predator Helios 300 But I'm still confused and will love to know your opinion.

MSI GS66 Stealth 10SE-442
Acer Predator Helios 300
Lenovo Legion Y540
Razer Blade 15
Acer Nitro 5
ASUS ROG Strix G15
Alienware m15
Lenovo Legion 5
ASUS TUF FX505DT
Any of these Laptop is Alright but should have 8 or 16GIG RAM and a 4GIG RAM or above of Nvidia graphics cards or AMD Radeon Ryzen graphics card. You can developed whatever you want on Unreal Engine and Autodesk Maya
Re: What Are The Best Laptop For Game Design Student by Emeka71(m): 7:04am On Jun 23, 2021
That Acer nitro 5 is a confirmed one.
Re: What Are The Best Laptop For Game Design Student by Ponvirs658: 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2021
If you are looking for a gaming laptop then you are in the right place. I am saying this because I am going to give you the best suggestion. I am using this gaming laptop https://productz.com/en/msi-prestige-14/p/xlgd8 and I know you all will like it. It has 3 TB storage and 6 GB of RAM with the best graphic card.

(1) (Reply)

All About Mugen / The Official Pes2010 Thred / Allow Nigerians To Register On Playstation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.