Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,349 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. (4195 Views)

3 Nigerian Scholars Listed Among Most-Cited Scientists In The World. / This Shape Has Nairaland In Mind, Check Your Thinking Ability (mr Shape) / “I Wore This To School & My Lecturer Called Me A Tout” – Lady (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by LordFarquaad(m): 8:47am On Mar 29, 2021
Just so you know Nairaland is quite popular and it will be disheartening if the first air observed on visiting this platform is the stench of unrestricted tribalism..

I was simply preparing for my exams this morning and decided to peruse through my lecturer's book and to my greatest amusement towards the "godfatherism" subheading I saw him citing Nairaland.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by TRADELYN: 8:49am On Mar 29, 2021
Hmm...he didn't do it well.
It's like citing Wikipedia in a research project.

20 Likes

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by LordFarquaad(m): 8:53am On Mar 29, 2021
TRADELYN:
Be that as it may, for him to cite this forum could likely indicate that he visits or is aware of this platform, I mean you don't cite what you don't know. Or don't you think so.

3 Likes

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by falcon01: 8:59am On Mar 29, 2021
I used to cite nairaland as reference untill it became filled with crap.

21 Likes

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by seborrhic: 8:59am On Mar 29, 2021
The book was not proof-read or your lecturer has to upgrade his grammar.
In just the single page you cited,about 3 grammatical errors.One can thus imagine the number of errors the entire book would contain.

16 Likes

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 29, 2021
TRADELYN:

Very correct, posts are susceptible to change on NL, what if the original post was deleted or the owner modified it. Very unprofessional.

5 Likes

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by alfasexy: 9:11am On Mar 29, 2021
Just kukuma change university abeg.

So na illiterate dey teach you eh?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by othermen: 9:12am On Mar 29, 2021
Nairaland is perhaps Nigeria's biggest self developed resource. When would Seun get a national honour? Methink, he is very deserving. But then your lecturer referencing is lacking. Nairaland can be cited as the source of an information, but there is a way you reference it- there is no date. Had he said--- ''Tinubu is the king of the east.'' as seen on 29th/03 -Nairaland Forum, (2021) .

7 Likes

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by alfasexy: 9:12am On Mar 29, 2021
seborrhic:
In just the single page you cited,about 3 grammatical errors.One can thus imagine the number of errors the entire book would contain.

You saw only 3?

It's like each sentence has a grammar problem.
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by LordFarquaad(m): 9:55am On Mar 29, 2021
seborrhic:
Na so. I know a lecturer that copied and pasted an entire page from Google.
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by FreeSpirited: 10:09am On Mar 29, 2021
It's a poor way of citing Nairaland. I hope he did better in the reference section of the book

5 Likes

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by obiekunie2: 10:13am On Mar 29, 2021
alfasexy:

You saw only 3?

make una pity this lecturer nau!

We can all see why majority of our graduates are educated-illiterates! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by seborrhic: 10:17am On Mar 29, 2021
alfasexy:

You saw only 3?

My brother I mentioned the 3 I immediately noted,let someone not come and accuse me of wanting to prove I am smart and start asking me which grade I even finished with in school.
P.S.Going through a bit more thoroughly now,I have counted up to 8.Some of them jump out of you like a foul smelling wound as soon as you read it.

3 Likes

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by GrandFinale2021(m): 11:05am On Mar 29, 2021
LordFarquaad:
Just so you know Nairaland is quite popular and it will be disheartening if the first air observed on visiting this platform is the stench of unrestricted tribalism..

I was simply preparing for my exams this morning and decided to peruse through my lecturer's book and to my greatest amusement towards the "godfatherism" subheading I saw him citing Nairaland.
the link of the citation isn't even complete, he should have dropped the complete link
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by Spy360(m): 11:21am On Mar 29, 2021
LordFarquaad:

Nairaland is a good site for sourcing opinions for sample collection. Being a faceless forum no one is under duress.
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by Muhylonaire007: 11:36am On Mar 29, 2021
Omo... How will your lecturer feel now that you have placed him in the hands of nairaland bookworms to feast on like this undecided

1 Like

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by Alhajiemeritus: 11:40am On Mar 29, 2021
TRADELYN:
This is worse.

1 Like

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by brownskilo(m): 11:47am On Mar 29, 2021
Naija lecturers sha...pheeew
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by brownskilo(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2021
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by femi4: 11:53am On Mar 29, 2021
Poorly written book
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by Maxcollins042(m): 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2021
Kini big deal?
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by EniHolar(f): 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2021
Not properly cited
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by eedimo(m): 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2021
Copy and paste book
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by pocohantas(f): 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2021
femi4:
Poorly written book

Naso Nigerian lecturers dey publish nonsense books na. Next thing na to sell the book to students for 5k.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by femi4: 12:26pm On Mar 29, 2021
pocohantas:

Naso Nigerian lecturers dey publish nonsense books na. Next thing na to sell the book to students for 5k.
Money must be made now
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by Sandydayziz(f): 1:19pm On Mar 29, 2021
That’s cool
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by chicoMX(m): 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2021
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by Amaechi2023(m): 1:28pm On Mar 29, 2021
chrisjane made that comment in 2012
here's a link to the original comment..

https://www.nairaland.com/1091512/godfatherism-nigerias-politics#12801830

op your lecturer na old timer be that..

4 Likes

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by Under16: 1:43pm On Mar 29, 2021
What edition of APA is ur lecturer using fgs! Na 1999 edition? Poorly cited. Tell him to go learn the difference between citing an author,a book or a URL site

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by Mrceragem: 1:43pm On Mar 29, 2021
LordFarquaad:

lazy lecturer
Re: My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. by Under16: 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2021
Muhylonaire007:
Omo... How will your lecturer feel now that you have placed him in the hands of nairaland bookworms to feast on like this undecided

Be quiet!

Nigerians always housing mediocrity and emotions in same cubicle.

We're helping the poor lecturer edit his work indirectly too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Absu Supplementary List Is Out ! / Current School Fees Payment For Various Nigerian Institutions / Would You Let Your Child Attend This School (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.