Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

To Commemorate World Biodiversity Day 2021 in Enugu State - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / To Commemorate World Biodiversity Day 2021 in Enugu State (449 Views)

World Earth Day: Google Changes Its Doodle To Commemorate World Earth Day. / Family Going To Church Involved In Accident In Enugu, All Dead! (Graphic Pics) / Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Commemorate World Biodiversity Day 2021 in Enugu State by pweetyoge(f): 11:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
Hey People smiley smiley

I thought it wise to bring the Green message to Nigerians especially on a well known platform.

Why is it that some persons like to litter the Environment and they also have the non-chalant attitude towards it. lipsrsealed angry

Well, my humble self who is a plastic waste recycler in Enugu State, Co-founder of a start up (Greenaxisng ) and an Environmentalist, Climate Activist and an ardent Volunteer was opportuned to organize yet another Clean up Exercise in Commemoration of the Global Recycling Day and as one of the winners of the Global Recycling Heroes 2021. grin

We took to the popular Holyghost Round About down to Ogbete Market to enlighten and educate people on proper waste management and the benefits of waste recycling in Nigeria. And it is good to know people listened to us and we hope they continue to imbibe proper waste disposal.

We have also done Clean Up exercise at Mayor Market, Gariki Market, Abakpa Market all in Enugu State.

All thanks to our consistent Volunteers. We won't stop until people start to take action. Stop Littering.

@Lalasticlala @SeunOsewa @r231 @freiburger

Re: To Commemorate World Biodiversity Day 2021 in Enugu State by pweetyoge(f): 11:49pm On Mar 29, 2021
Hopefully, other states that are yet to join this trend follow up.

Re: To Commemorate World Biodiversity Day 2021 in Enugu State by pweetyoge(f): 11:48am On Mar 30, 2021
angry sad
Re: To Commemorate World Biodiversity Day 2021 in Enugu State by pweetyoge(f): 1:16am On Apr 04, 2021
Informative thread
Re: To Commemorate World Biodiversity Day 2021 in Enugu State by pweetyoge(f): 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2021
To commemorate Earth day, we visited a few number of schools in Enugu State. We planted economic trees and we had climate Education.

Re: To Commemorate World Biodiversity Day 2021 in Enugu State by pweetyoge(f): 12:52pm On May 23, 2021
May 22nd was World Biodiversity Day and to mark it, we took to Cleaning up our environment and having a Climate Walk in Enugu State.

It was a day to never forget, Enugu youths came out in their numbers to carry out a Clean Up Exercise and a Climate strike. Our message was sent to all and sundry in clear words�

NO WASTE IS A WASTE!
SAY NO TO PLASTIC POLLUTION!
Climate Action Now!

Re: To Commemorate World Biodiversity Day 2021 in Enugu State by pweetyoge(f): 12:52pm On May 23, 2021
@Lalasticlala
Re: To Commemorate World Biodiversity Day 2021 in Enugu State by pweetyoge(f): 1:55am On Aug 01, 2021
@Trippleblessing I hope you have seen a buyer for your Recyclables. I am assuming you are in Lagos. We have a lot of Recyclers.
1) Recycle points
2) Wecyclers
3) African Clean Initiative ACI
4) S.W.E.E.P
5) WestmanRecycling
Etc

I am a recycler too and I am based in Enugu.
If you ever want to do a project like the back to school campaign in the East, I can collaborate with you on it. Thank you so much and welldone
Re: To Commemorate World Biodiversity Day 2021 in Enugu State by Trippleblessing(f): 7:56am On Aug 01, 2021
pweetyoge:
@Trippleblessing I hope you have seen a buyer for your Recyclables. I am assuming you are in Lagos. We have a lot of Recyclers.
1) Recycle points
2) Wecyclers
3) African Clean Initiative ACI
4) S.W.E.E.P
5) WestmanRecycling
Etc

I am a recycler too and I am based in Enugu.
If you ever want to do a project like the back to school campaign in the East, I can collaborate with you on it. Thank you so much and welldone

Happy new month ma'am, I have not seen a buyer for the recyclables, I was dealing with ACI before, till they demanded for drop off points, and they are not willing to pay for land to be used as drop off. I do not take 1 naira from either the buyer or the seller, all I am doing is to kill 2 birds with a stone, make the drainages free and help the people make some money, but it seems ACI isn't ready to buy from us again, I don't understand why they want a free land for their own business.

I would appreciate if you can link me to a buyer directly.

About the Back to School replica in the East, Quivers would get there, but for now, the resources at hand can only handle a community or two.

Thank you reaching out.

2 Likes

Re: To Commemorate World Biodiversity Day 2021 in Enugu State by pweetyoge(f): 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2021
Trippleblessing:

Happy new month ma'am, I have not seen a buyer for the recyclables, I was dealing with ACI before, till they demanded for drop off points, and they are not willing to pay for land to be used as drop off. I do not take 1 naira from either the buyer or the seller, all I am doing is to kill 2 birds with a stone, make the drainages free and help the people make some money, but it seems ACI isn't ready to buy from us again, I don't understand why they want a free land for their own business.

I would appreciate if you can link me to a buyer directly.

About the Back to School replica in the East, Quivers would get there, but for now, the resources at hand can only handle a community or two.

Thank you reaching out.

Then please connect with Recycle points

Re: To Commemorate World Biodiversity Day 2021 in Enugu State by pweetyoge(f): 7:56am On Oct 21, 2021
Clean Up Initiative

(1) (Reply)

Thousands Fall Victim To $2bn Turkish Cryptocurrency Fraud / School Feeding: FG To Up-scale Additional 5m Pupils / Tiv Youth Group Commends Buhari Over Arrest Of NNAMDI I KANU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.