Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,542 members, 7,958,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out (15116 Views)

Access Bank Entry-Level Training Programme - 1st Of MarchToo 29 March 2016 / Which Graduate Trainee Recruitment Programme Is Currently On? / Ptdf Oil And Gas Field Training Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by collinz: 10:20am On Jul 09, 2007
SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) is out. they are calling people now. Please if you did their test a year ago, kindly check your mails well. Lata

And please if any body has any information on how this training goes i will be glad yo view iy.

I already have a 70K Zenith bank job a, am contemplating shpould i go for the SITP program or stay put with my job. SHELL could be a bigger opportunoity in the long run yu knowq, Please talk to me friends grin
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by LJ(m): 11:29am On Jul 09, 2007
Poster, i think yu shld stay ith your present employer! u cld bcom the CEO someday. What a question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, anyone received the test IV yet?

2 Likes

Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by amirize(m): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2007
This is such a difficult decision
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by collinz: 11:53am On Jul 09, 2007
Shell doesnt give automatic employment but they pay all trainees off at the end of the training sometimes a 1.5M depending on performance.and what do yu think if their purpose is not to recruit people why will they offer to give free training,accomodationm and feeding to all trainees. thanks for your posts, consider this situation and post your advice . God bless you alll
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by ugofred: 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2007
guy,
i hav a friend that got shell job thru SITP. They were the first to be made staff immediately they were taken before the program. So if u are qualified for the program, then u should be a shell staff. Go for it. Congratssssss
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by loparino: 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2007
Hio Collinz,

Is this for the start of the new training for guys that wrote the test last year or are they calling people that applied this year to come and write their own test, |I'll be glad if u can reach me on 08054350299 or 08068969225, thanks
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by anozie: 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2007
pls can u give me the links to this recruitment ,
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by mijd(m): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2007
'@poster
which of d SITP's do u mean? is it sitp/1 or sitp/2?
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by collinz: 11:02am On Jul 10, 2007
Mijdb,
specifically it's SITP/2. thanks for your sincere comments. Please post more of yoour sincere thoughts. Regards,

Collinz
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by collinz: 11:08am On Jul 10, 2007
Loparino i wrote their test last year. I have no information about this year's test yet. they give that amount art the successful completion of the 12 months training according to information i got cha ooooo.
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by ben68(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2007
My Brothers,

I am very much interested in the shell sitp programme,i wouldnt know the modalities and critaria to being taken and shortlisted?If anyone amongst you is armed with this info dont hesitate to share it with the rest of us.

Thanks.

My contacts remains benjaminokolo1968@yahoo.com 0r 08028927108.

God bless.

Ben.
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by ebhohon: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2007
SOMETIMES U NEVER CAN TELL IF SHELL WILL RETAIN. I VE A FREIND WHO DID VERY WELL IN THE SITP TRAINING BUT SHELL DID NOT RETAIN THEM INSTEAD HE PAID THEM OFF.
THE GUY HAD NO CHOICE THAN TO TRAVEL OUT OF THE COUNTRY.
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by mijd(m): 10:44pm On Jul 10, 2007
COLLINZ, EBHOHON AND CO, I wonder where u got your info that Shell do pay there trainees off at the end of the program pending on there performance with a wooping 1.5m! Well maybe u were referring to sitp/1 which I don't have a reliable source to inquire from, else that sound strange and unbelievable to me.

Infact I am a product of this training(sitp/2) and after the program they picked in batches and wrote to some of us that were successful at the interview that we should be patient because they have not been able to find a placement 4 us due to organizational problems and maybe due to the unrest within there areas of operations. But there is still hope 4 us b'because d fact that they are still training means that they need more manpower.

Note that your being staffed after the program is not automatic. u must first undergo and pass there interview b/for you can be absorbed as a staff and it may or may not be immediate but i bet u the training is worthwhile.

Presently, I understand that they may be considering taking all trainees as staff on training which means that once u ar called for the training u ar considered a staff but on training which is a better deal that what was obtainable initially. u may find out from those presently in the training to know what's up. But I still believe that these things will be outlined in your letter of invitation for the program.

I wish u all the best of luck and don't forget that with God all things are possible!
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by collinz: 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2007
gud midjb. thanks for that info.god bless
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by collinz: 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2007
Well from well meaning guys i feel the SHELL thing is worth the risk, The certificate can still be used in other Oil and Gas industries. Any contrary fact, pls feel free to sare it.Than k you friends
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by Miketomi: 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2007
Hi guys, it is like most of us don't have up-to-date info on Shell SITP.
Before now, collinz assertion is right, in the sense that u r not sure of being employed but there is no any form of pay off to all trainees.
However, for the past two years, if you scale through SITP hurdle you are a Shell staff automatically.
Wishing you guys the very best.
Have they started inviting candidates??
Note: the automatic employment is for SITP 1 i.e B.Sc/B.Eng holder. it is not applicable to SITP 2.
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by crito(m): 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2007
congrats in advance.
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by arrowman1: 4:14pm On Jul 16, 2007
hello guys 4 sitp/1 and 2 shell gives automatic employement to any body that joins the training. Gone at d days when SPDC will take people for training and later conduct anther exam at the end of 12months,reason is because spdc has found out that is a waste of time and resourses 4 someone and them 2 b delayed 4 good 12months all in d name of training and later come out to start from d scratch.what they do now is to take the number of persons they want 2 recruit and train them,after which they all become their staff.B4 they use to take more than they want 2 recruit 4 the training and later weed off with an exam at the end of the training. But congras collin cos u re now a staff and their pay is fat and encouraging.the environment is cool and an academic one.Enjoy and don't forget to pay your tites.
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by buchulz: 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2007
You must not miss this great opportunity. bank or no bank, get the training.
even if you were not employed after the the traing, you still have a great opportunity to secured a much more better job with the aid of that training, especially in the oil and gas industry.
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by prizeless(m): 11:04am On Jul 17, 2007
Pls, i want to know how shell contacts, is it by email or by phone?
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by bamasala: 11:46am On Jul 17, 2007
sitp out. muan in grin just spread seeds man clik https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-66080.0.html and be sober.
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by stevano(m): 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2007
Guy,
You will learn great technical skills that will be relevant to many oil and gas companies do not be carried away with 70k from th Bank many oil companies pay more than 100s thousand Naira. With your skills you can get to any level especially, such technical skills from shell.
     I will be grateful if you can hook me up on the next recruitment.
NB: Attached file
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 25, 2007
hi guies, please i like to know if the shell stp1 pogramme has commenced again,and also like to know how to register for the test which i learnt is conducted by SHL, what are the criteria?
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by lasborn(m): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2009
please can any tell me the certificate bin offered after sucessful completion of the SITP. Thanx guys,
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by tiebe: 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2009
You're not given a certificate.its a job from the onset.just that you'll be trained for a year.after which,you'll be posted to yr office
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by carnal: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2011
@collinz and others go for it cos shell now offers automatic employment to both SITP1 and 2.I am inside shell and have worked here for 6yrs. Infact i jus called the learning center to re-confirm your claim again. However if you have shell sitp training cert in your hand before now (when everyone wasnt a staff) then you can apply to other oil and gas firm as i know mobil especially take a whole lots of these guys that shell doesnt take and that infact informed thje new directive while shell takes you immediately from SITP
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by MrMann1(m): 12:47am On Mar 08, 2011
Hallo guys,
I will like to know which of the SITP is applicable for HND holder, is it SITP 1 or 2, also anyone with the time/period another opportunity for SITP will be out, cos i will like to register for the next one.
cool
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by xavier3(m): 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2011
@mann sitp 1 is for hnd holders
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by Allwell(m): 8:23pm On Mar 10, 2011
Pls, must one complete NYSC to be eligible for the SITP?
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by dreu2fine(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2012
Wen is d form comin out dis month,my younger just finsh is service e read petroluem eng.cal me if u av any info pls.;08834595985
Re: SITP (Shell Intensive Training Programme) Is Out by dreu2fine(m): 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
Wen is d form comin out dis year,my younger just finsh is service e read petroluem eng.cal me if u av any info pls.;08834595985

(1) (2) (Reply)

Non Academic Staff Salary Scale In A Federal University / Job Scammers Now Using Ex-corpers Info From Nysc Yearbook / Things You Should Look Out For Before Taking A Job At A Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.