Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Christainity More Than Just A Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christainity More Than Just A Religion (799 Views)

Does Christainity Encourage Intolerance And Arrogance? / Why I Want to Abandon Christainity! / Any Muslims Who Converted To Christainity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christainity More Than Just A Religion by emmanuel4j: 8:17am On Apr 17, 2011
What is religion? Religion is a mans way of approach to GOD inotherwords religion is a mans idealogy of God.Today, we have a lot of religion around the world supposing that each is a right and reliable way to reach God. Nevertheless what defines a religion being right and being the truth? is it just because it has some good rules created by man and is appealing to the senses of humans or is it because is actually God who has said this is the right way to follow me.
God is a big God and he has set his laws in the earth, for the fact that your ideas on morals are good, doesnt necessarily mean thats what God considers, on how to approach him.Anyman on his own can create a religion and say it is from God, he can even lead a lot of people following him, and all the rules he sets may seem right to him and the people following him, because they believe thats how to reach God not necessarily because God himself said thats the way to follow him.

God is giver of life, everything he comes into receives life, and this is one major proof that God is in something, because death is of the devil,and God has revealed this life in his son Jesus christ, (john 3:16). When a man accepts Christ he receives the life Jesus came to give to the world and this is the life of God to bring man out of the nature of death.This is more than some sets of rules, is actually God imparting a nature into a man to enable him live the GOd life, this is Gods way of saving man, not mans devised way, for no man on his own can give life, only God can. JESUS GIVES YOU LIFE which is more than a religion, He gives you the life above sickness, death, failure and everything not of God.He doesnt just give you sets of rules to follow,the big thing about christainity is that Jesus actually brings you to his class of living, his kind of species, inotherwords a God-kind of being who is above the way the natural life of man. A natural man follows some sets of rules believing that by them GOd would accept him, this is a religion, but wat jesus does is actually giving you the life you need to live the way God accepts. This life displays the excellence of God, thus everyman that has this life has the ability to express the excellence of God in his daily life.Part of this excellence is that the man has and can walk divine health, sickness cannot reign in such a man that has received the eternal life that God gives through his son, Jesus christ.This is what christainity is about,is about you receiving the life of God that would enable you to win in this terrible and wicked world, because God is in you and God cant fail. therefore anyman who has this life Jesus gives has the ability to succeed as God would if he were physically present in our todays world. I dont know what you are going through, but this is the provision God has made today to enable humanity survive in this wicked world.This is Gods answer to any situation, so if you want to receive this life, just simply believe first that truly there is a God then secondly belive that God has made available this life available through the death and ressurection of Jesus christ, then simply ask Jesus to come into your heart and be the lord of your life, then boldly declare you have the life of God in you. you can contact mail me @ mitema.emmanuel@yahoo.com, if you have any questions and if you just prayed this prayer.Thank you.This is the Life christ gives, and is more than a religion
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by jpworld(m): 8:16pm On Apr 17, 2011
Wonderful Sermon, You forgot to remind us of tithe payment and offertory, so that we won't rob Jesus. Since he claims 10% of our income belong to him.
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by Kay17: 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2011
@OP

You started well, mentioning the proliferation of religions and their attempts and claims to seek monopoly on the passage to God, their subjectivity in their methods, but the train derailed and was lost when threw Jesus into the picture without a justification or explanation. It was like you were more or less guilty of the same crimes of Religion.

If Jesus was the son of God and he died for us in form of a human sacrifice, is it possible for me to discover that 'fact' independently without you talking me or a means of verifying your claims?
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by emmanuel4j: 10:42am On Apr 18, 2011
@ kay 17, I love your intelligence, nevertheless i perceived somebody was going to ask such a question. I would begin to answer you by first stating that if truly dere is a God den he must definitely be a Spirit, cos we dont see God with our eyes even though we say he exist.what is our proof for the existence of God, we cant explain it physically because even smtyms,science attemps to say some tins we attribute to the existence of God is a conincedence and not an evidence for God.
nevertheless if God does exist, which i believe he does, then he must be a spirit, we cant say we want to explain sombody that is a spirit with physical proofs, dere has to be spiritual proofs for it. Thats why we cant understand a God that is a spirit with our physical senses, wenever we try to do it, we will be only complicating issues. one tin i want to let you know, is that believing that Jesus is the son of God is a spiritual truth and can only be understood spiritually first, believing is something you do with you spirit, if you try to analyse the tins that are spiritual wth ur brain or with physical evidence before spitual evidence it wont work.

Now in my first article i said that God gives life through his son Jesus Christ, this life is birthed in the spirit of man that accepts the message first, that Jesus is the son of God, the evidence is a thing of the spirit that suddently witnesses within you that truly Jesus is lord, is only by accepting on your own the message that Jesus is the son of God first that you would have the witness in your spirit, it is impressed by God in your spirit that Jesus is LOrd, you just know that he is lord, somebody may say you dont have any physical evidence, but see there is an evidence in your spirit, and this evidence in your spirit is what only God can do, no man own his can do it. For there is no way to explain such a spiritual truth that Jesus is the son of God with physical proofs only, the proof i have is what happens to your spirit wen you accept that truth, it is not an experimental knowledge but is a revealational knowledge.For God is a spirit and we can only understand wat he says to be true, spirituallly first. nevertheless our believing first in our Spirits later on gives on physical evidences, for instance how did Jesus perform many miracles, and yet Jesus is gone, but many genuine miracles are still being performed in the name of JEsus by many who believe. Nevertheless the basic proof is first in the spirit and only what God can reveal and inpress in your spirit, but you must first accept the message, and thats how eternal life also works in your spirit. I hope this has helped, anyway i use to ask a lot questions like the one you asked,you may notice it in how i started my previous write up, trying to find evidence to what people claim is true. But i have found truth as in life, religion doesnt give life, only the truth gives life, and in Jesus i found life, i mean an enlightment into reality itself, this is smtin dat human words is nt sufficeint to explain with, anyway i know you may have a lot of thoughts right now, am not tryin to buy anybody to believing in what i know is true, am only expressing what i know is absolute truth, you have to just believe and confess, dats how it works, my brother is 4 real, seriously.
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by kodewrita(m): 2:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
@emmanuel4j please note that jpworld is an atheist.
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by thehomer: 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
Nah it's a religion since its basis is faith i.e belief in absence of evidence or against available evidence.
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by REALTRUTH1: 12:13am On Apr 19, 2011
emmanuel4j:

What is religion? Religion is a mans way of approach to GOD inotherwords religion is a mans idealogy of God.Today, we have a lot of religion around the world supposing that each is a right and reliable way to reach God. Nevertheless what defines a religion being right and being the truth? is it just because it has some good rules created by man and is appealing to the senses of humans or is it because is actually God who has said this is the right way to follow me.God is a big God and he has set his laws in the earth, for the fact that your ideas on morals are good, doesnt necessarily mean thats what God considers, on how to approach him.Anyman on his own can create a religion and say it is from God, he can even lead a lot of people following him, and all the rules he sets may seem right to him and the people following him, because they believe thats how to reach God not necessarily because God himself said thats the way to follow him.God is giver of life, everything he comes into receives life, and this is one major proof that God is in something, because death is of the devil,and God has revealed this life in his son Jesus christ, (john 3:16). When a man accepts Christ he receives the life Jesus came to give to the world and this is the life of God to bring man out of the nature of death.This is more than some sets of rules, is actually God imparting a nature into a man to enable him live the GOd life, this is Go

Christianity as its pracitced today is a typical definition of RELIGION as you stated above,,mostly in Nigeria,,,There are more than 40,ooo(Fourty-Thousand denominations right now in Christianinity and they all have different belief system,,God is not the author of confussion,,I believe in Jesus ,,God,,the Bible ,,but I do not believe in the most of the churches we have today as christian church,,,
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by jpworld(m): 6:45am On Apr 19, 2011
kodewrita:

@emmanuel4j please note that jpworld is an atheist.

My guy which one be ur own? I am not an atheist. I think freely,
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 19, 2011
thehomer:

Nah it's a religion since its basis is faith i.e belief in absence of evidence or against available evidence.

No Homer, it's a personal relationship with Jesus.
On the other hand, I have a personal relationship with Peter Pan and one with Santa Claus. And I also have a pet given to me by Santa named the Easter Bunny. He's cooler than bugs bunny, HE LAYS CHOCOLATE EGGS!!!!!! Sweet Jesus, I cant wait for easter weekend to start.

Also, I saw this guy yesterday at the crossroads and he said he wants to be my friend too. Should I accept?
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by Jenwitemi(m): 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2011
How come guys are having "personal relationships" with male godbeings? Una be gays? What about all those magnificently lovely female godbeings like Diana, Athena, Yemoja, etc etc? When are you guys going to have "personal love/lust affairs relationships with them? grin cheesy
Martian:

On the other hand, I have a personal relationship with Peter Pan and one with Santa Claus. And I also have a pet given to me by Santa named the Easter Bunny. He's cooler than bugs bunny, HE LAYS CHOCOLATE EGGS!!!!!! Sweet Jesus, I cant wait for easter weekend to start.

Also, I saw this guy yesterday at the crossroads and he said he wants to be my friend too. Should I accept?
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2011
Jenwitemi:

How come guys are having "personal relationships" with male godbeings? Una be gays? What about all those magnificently lovely female godbeings like Diana, Athena, Yemoja, etc etc? When are you guys going to have "personal love/lust affairs relationships with them? grin cheesy

And you have personal relationships with David Icke's alien reptillian overlords. Or maybe it's the aliens from the Carina nebula who engineered humans to mine for gold. grin you believe a variation of these claims don't you?
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by kodewrita(m): 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2011
seems atheists are having a party here.
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by Jenwitemi(m): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2011
No,i am not, martian. I never claimed that, at least, like some folks are doing here.
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 19, 2011
kodewrita:

Yes, the coming of the lord is at hand. Take a seat and drink the kool aid.
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by Kay17: 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2011
hehehehe
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by Jenwitemi(m): 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2011
Martian:

And you have personal relationships with David Icke's alien reptillian overlords. Or maybe it's the aliens from the Carina nebula who engineered humans to mine for gold. grin you believe a variation of these claims don't you?

Martian, with that username of yours, are you sure that you are not the one having personal relationship with aliens? grin
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Martian, with that username of yours, are you sure that you are not the one having personal relationship with aliens? grin

Yes i do, I have friends from the andromeda galaxy, bode galaxy, The small magellanic cloud and the large magellanic cloud. I teleport from galaxy to galaxy but this galaxy is full of weirdos, especially on this planet, so I hang out here more often than not. Humans are f_cking crazy, I tell you!!!!! shocked
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by thehomer: 9:34pm On Apr 19, 2011
Martian:

You do have a point there because I too have a personal relationship with Athe, Zeus, Odin and the great FSM.
I think you may need to avoid the guy you saw at the crossroads because we like personal relationships with entities that we simply cannot detect.
Re: Christainity More Than Just A Religion by thehomer: 9:36pm On Apr 19, 2011
kodewrita:

Wanna join. It's a blast down here.

(1) (Reply)

Your View On Chiftency Title: What Is The Bible Way? / Can To Gej "we Will Defend Ourselves" / I Don’t Need A Pastor Or His Wife To Teach Me How To Dress Myself!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.