Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:05 AM

Ada And Eve - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ada And Eve (526 Views)

Ada Jesus Suffers Stroke, Brought To Odumeje & Rita Edochie, They Rejected Her / Native Doctor Begs Prophet Odumeje To Forgive Ada Jesus Who Is Down With Stroke / If Adam And Eve Were First Humans How Did Other Races Come About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ada And Eve by Akuruoulo(m): 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
WHERE WAS EVE WHEN ADAM WAS TOLD NOT TO EAT ANY FRUIT FROM THAT TREE OF WIZDOM ?
Re: Ada And Eve by Mokason288(m): 10:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
Akuruoulo:
WHERE WAS EVE WHEN ADAM WAS TOLD NOT TO EAT ANY FRUIT FROM THAT TREE OF WIZDOM ?
She went to fix eye lashes

1 Like

Re: Ada And Eve by budaatum: 2:50am On Apr 01, 2021
I bet Adam made it all up to control smarter wiser Eve.
Re: Ada And Eve by Akuruoulo(m): 4:22am On Apr 01, 2021
Mokason288:
She went to fix eye lashes
Hahaha
Re: Ada And Eve by Akuruoulo(m): 4:55am On Apr 01, 2021
budaatum:
I bet Adam made it all up to control smarter wiser Eve.
ADAM TOLD EVE WHAT GOD SAID, AND NEVER DIRECTLY TO BOTH OF THEM
Re: Ada And Eve by budaatum: 6:46am On Apr 01, 2021
Akuruoulo:

Adam told Eve what Adam told Eve God had told Adam, which is kinda odd since "[url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1%3A27-31&version=KJV]God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them[/url]".

Now, you might be tempted to quote [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+2%3A21-22&version=KJV]how a deep sleep befell Adam, and Eve was a rib[/url], but be prepared to be told how ignorant that is, for Eve would easily have written how Adam came out from between a woman's thighs if we'd been priviledged to read her more knowledgeable version of events and not that ignorant Adam's we unquestionably read.
Re: Ada And Eve by Dtruthspeaker: 6:53am On Apr 01, 2021
Akuruoulo:

That man is now insane as he used to be!
Re: Ada And Eve by Dtruthspeaker: 6:54am On Apr 01, 2021
Akuruoulo:

Since you knew this, why this question?
Re: Ada And Eve by Akuruoulo(m): 9:46am On Apr 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Since you knew this, why this question?
I want to knw peoples take on that tn, and maybe ask how i take know
Re: Ada And Eve by Akuruoulo(m): 9:47am On Apr 01, 2021
budaatum:

Adam told Eve what Adam told Eve God had told Adam, which is kinda odd since "[url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1%3A27-31&version=KJV]God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them[/url]".

Now, you might be tempted to quote [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+2%3A21-22&version=KJV]how a deep sleep befell Adam, and Eve was a rib[/url], but be prepared to be told how ignorant that is, for Eve would easily have written how Adam came out from between a woman's thighs if we'd been priviledged to read her more knowledgeable version of events and not that ignorant Adam's we unquestionably read.
u are confusing urself nt me
Re: Ada And Eve by budaatum: 10:01am On Apr 01, 2021
Akuruoulo:
u are confusing urself nt me

Stop lying, lol.

You are confused and you know you are, but you must keep knocking and asking and seeking with all your heart and soul and mind and being until your eyes open and you find, or you will stop questioning and just ignorantly believe.

The choice, my good sir, is entirely your's, and the Holy Spirit that is within the Kingdom of God that is within you is your guide. Amen.
Re: Ada And Eve by Akuruoulo(m): 10:05am On Apr 01, 2021
budaatum:

Stop lying, lol.

You are confused and you know you are, but you must keep knocking and asking and seeking with all your heart and soul and mind and being until your eyes open and you find, or you will stop questioning and just ignorantly believe.

The choice, my good sir, is entirely your's, and the Holy Spirit that is within the Kingdom of God that is within you is your guide. Amen.
ALRIGHT MA. I KNW WHAT THE ANSA TO MY QUESTION. AT LEAST GENESIS 1 VS 2, AND 1 VS 3 WILL TELL U THE ANSA
Re: Ada And Eve by budaatum: 10:13am On Apr 01, 2021
Akuruoulo:
ALRIGHT MA. I KNW WHAT THE ANSA TO MY QUESTION. AT LEAST GENESIS 1 VS 2, AND 1 VS 3 WILL TELL U THE ANSA

Actually, no, GENESIS 1 VS 2, AND 1 VS 3 will not tell me the answer, though they might give you an answer you are content with. But that's perfectly okay, for as a very wise man once said, "the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and to the poor the gospel is preached". And not all are poor, as we know.
Re: Ada And Eve by Akuruoulo(m): 10:21am On Apr 01, 2021
budaatum:

Actually, no, GENESIS 1 VS 2, AND 1 VS 3 will not tell me the answer, though they might give you an answer you are content with. But that's perfectly okay, for as a very wise man once said, "the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and to the poor the gospel is preached". And not all are poor, as we know.
I had a rough arguement with people who thnk they are pastors yesterday on this, and their mouth get shotd up at last. If the BIBLE GAVE ME THE CONTENT I SHOULD BE FAMILIAR WITH, THEN U GAVE U THE ONES U FELT LIKE OPPOSING IT(BIBLE VERSE) WITH ?
Re: Ada And Eve by budaatum: 10:26am On Apr 01, 2021
Akuruoulo:
I had a rough arguement with people who thnk they are pastors yesterday on this, and their mouth get shotd up at last. If the BIBLE GAVE ME THE CONTENT I SHOULD BE FAMILIAR WITH, THEN U GAVE U THE ONES U FELT LIKE OPPOSING IT(BIBLE VERSE) WITH ?

Only those who will not learn are satisfied with the familiar.

A wise person might suggest that you abandon your preconceived beliefs and ideas and become as a child in order to be born again, but I guess he'd be far too wise for some.
Re: Ada And Eve by Akuruoulo(m): 10:37am On Apr 01, 2021
budaatum:

Only those who will not learn are satisfied with the familiar.

A wise person might suggest that you abandon your preconceived beliefs and ideas and become as a child in order to be born again, but I guess he'd be far too wise for some.
ALRIGHT AUNTY . I LOVE FACE TO FACE CNSTRUCTIVE ARGUEMENT. THEY WERE SAYING ADAM AND EVE WERE INSTRUCTED BY GOD NT TO EAT THAT PARTICULAR APPLE. ADAM STAYED YEARS ABI NA MONTHS BE4 EVE WAS CREATED, AND IF YES THAT MEANS ADAM WAS TOLD ABT THE APPLE BE4 THE CREATION OF EVE. THEY ALL SAID AM WRNG THAT IT WAS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE THAT GOD INSTRUCTD THEM BOTH. IF GOD INSTRUCTD THEM BOTH, IT SIMPLY MEANS ADAM MIGHT HAVE EATEN THE APPLE YEARS AGO UNKNWINGLY (THEY SAID ITS A LIE THAT I SHOULD SEARCH IT IN THE BIBLE). AT LAST IT WAS CLEAR THAT EVE WASN'T THERE WHEN THE INSTRUCTION WAS GIVEN.
Re: Ada And Eve by budaatum: 11:00am On Apr 01, 2021
Akuruoulo:
ALRIGHT AUNTY . I LOVE FACE TO FACE CNSTRUCTIVE ARGUEMENT. THEY WERE SAYING ADAM AND EVE WERE INSTRUCTED BY GOD NT TO EAT THAT PARTICULAR APPLE. ADAM STAYED YEARS ABI NA MONTHS BE4 EVE WAS CREATED, AND IF YES THAT MEANS ADAM WAS TOLD ABT THE APPLE BE4 THE CREATION OF EVE. THEY ALL SAID AM WRNG THAT IT WAS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE THAT GOD INSTRUCTD THEM BOTH. IF GOD INSTRUCTD THEM BOTH, IT SIMPLY MEANS ADAM MIGHT HAVE EATEN THE APPLE YEARS AGO UNKNWINGLY (THEY SAID ITS A LIE THAT I SHOULD SEARCH IT IN THE BIBLE). AT LAST IT WAS CLEAR THAT EVE WASN'T THERE WHEN THE INSTRUCTION WAS GIVEN.

Both male and female created he them at the same time, so I don't understand where you got your "ADAM STAYED YEARS ABI NA MONTHS BE4 EVE WAS CREATED", and it is clearly written that God instructed Adam and afterwards created Eve who was not there when Adam was instructed.

Still, the myth is not for believing, but for gaining understanding, which I suggest you continue to ask and knock and seek to gain.
Re: Ada And Eve by Akuruoulo(m): 11:05am On Apr 01, 2021
budaatum:

Both male and female created he them at the same time, so I don't understand where you got your "ADAM STAYED YEARS ABI NA MONTHS BE4 EVE WAS CREATED", and it is clearly written that God instructed Adam and afterwards created Eve who was not there when Adam was instructed.

Still, the myth is not for believing, but for gaining understanding, which I suggest you continue to ask and knock and seek to gain.

it was said that ADAM WAS WANDERING IN LONELINESS, NAMING THOSE ANIMALS HE CREATED BT WASN'T HAPPY . DO U THINK ALL THESE THINGS HAPPENED IN A DAY ?
Re: Ada And Eve by budaatum: 11:38am On Apr 01, 2021
Akuruoulo:
it was said that ADAM WAS WANDERING IN LONELINESS, NAMING THOSE ANIMALS HE CREATED BT WASN'T HAPPY . DO U THINK ALL THESE THINGS HAPPENED IN A DAY ?

Do you think Adam happened at all?
Re: Ada And Eve by Akuruoulo(m): 11:44am On Apr 01, 2021
budaatum:

Do you think Adam happened at all?
Yes dear. Don't u think ADAM HAPPENED AT ALL ?
Re: Ada And Eve by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:01pm On Apr 01, 2021
Wisdom is in you! smiley

God didn't want to talk to every Dickson and Harryson, so the information will be passed from generation to generation. By the time God created Adam there was no Eve, it was after Adam has completed the first assignment that God decided to make an helper for him! smiley

Akuruoulo:

Re: Ada And Eve by Akuruoulo(m): 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Wisdom is in you! smiley

God didn't want to talk to every Dickson and Harryson, so the information will be passed from generation to generation. By the time God created Adam there was no Eve, it was after Adam has completed the first assignment that God decided to make an helper for him! smiley

If u see as a pastor was arguing with me on how GOD instructd both of them together. I ask am where they created thesame day ? He said no. I ask am again how many days was ADAM be4 the creation of EVE ? He said he is many years old. Then i tell am say if ADAM was many years older than EVE , then he was eventually told abt the apple be4 eve. He then told me to quote where it was said in the bible that ADAM was told first. I told him if ADAM WASN'T TOLD BE4 THE EMERGENCE OF EVE THEN ADAM MUST HAVE EATEN THE FRUIT UNKNOWINGLY . HE WAS STILL ARGUING BE4 I FOUND GENESIS 1 VS 2 "WHERE GOD TOLD ADAM ABOUT THE APPLE) THEN 1 VS 3 (GOD TALK OF ADAMS LONELINESS). EXCELLENT PROVE

1 Like

Re: Ada And Eve by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2021
It's simple and logical my friend, if God didn't tell Adam about the fruit of course he could have eaten of it during all those days nah, after all he wasn't FASTING automatically he must be the one who passed on the information to Eve.
Thanks sir! smiley

Akuruoulo:
If u see as a pastor was arguing with me on how GOD instructd both of them together. I ask am where they created thesame day ? He said no. I ask am again how many days was ADAM be4 the creation of EVE ? He said he is many years old. Then i tell am say if ADAM was many years older than EVE , then he was eventually told abt the apple be4 eve. He then told me to quote where it was said in the bible that ADAM was told first. I told him if ADAM WASN'T TOLD BE4 THE EMERGENCE OF EVE THEN ADAM MUST HAVE EATEN THE FRUIT UNKNOWINGLY . HE WAS STILL ARGUING BE4 I FOUND GENESIS 1 VS 2 "WHERE GOD TOLD ADAM ABOUT THE APPLE) THEN 1 VS 3 (GOD TALK OF ADAMS LONELINESS). EXCELLENT PROVE
Re: Ada And Eve by Akuruoulo(m): 3:10pm On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
It's simple and logical my friend, if God didn't tell Adam about the fruit of course he could have eaten of it during all those days nah, after all he wasn't FASTING automatically he must be the one who passed on the information to Eve.
Thanks sir! smiley

THATS IT BRO

1 Like

Re: Ada And Eve by budaatum: 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2021
Akuruoulo:
Yes dear. Don't u think ADAM HAPPENED AT ALL ?

Literally, no. Its mythology.

The people who brought us the Bible used to believe the following.

budaatum:

Mighty Jupiter was the supreme deity of the Roman pantheon, a god of the sky and heavens and the champion of the Roman people. His symbols were the oak tree and eagle.

The supreme deity of the Roman pantheon, mighty Jupiter was a god of sky and thunder whose symbols were the oak tree and eagle. He ruled as the dominant member of a triumvirate called the Capitoline Triad, which included his consort Juno and daughter Minerva. Jupiter bore many similarities to Zeus, the king of the Greek deities from whom he was adapted.

Unlike Zeus, however, Jupiter was explicitly linked to a specific political entity—Rome. From the great temple erected in his honor on the Capitoline Hill in Rome, Jupiter presided over the state and its ever-expanding empire. As a result, the Romans emphasized the worship of Jupiter above all other gods. Jupiter’s blessings were thought to secure their victories and maintain hegemony over their rivals. Worship of Jupiter was formalized by the Roman state over the course of its existence.

What is known of Jupiter’s mythos came not through the narratives in which he plays a role, but from the ways in which his worship was observed by the Romans. Like other figures in Roman mythology, Jupiter was believed to be a critical actor in Roman history. Accordingly, his nature and attributes transformed in order to keep up with broader historical changes in the Roman state. By the end of the first century BCE, Jupiter’s centrality to the state was eclipsed by cults devoted to the worship of deified emperors.

Etymology
In Latin, the name “Jupiter” was usually rendered as Iūpiter or Iuppiter (the character “j” was not a part of ancient Latin alphabet, and was added in the Middle Ages). The name stemmed from two roots. One was the Proto Indo-European word dyeu- (the same root for the name “Zeus”!), meaning “shining thing,” “sky,” or “day” (as in the Latin for day dies); the other was pater, a word shared by Greek and Latin that means “father.” In keeping with these naming conventions, Jupiter was sometimes called Diespiter or Dispiter. Additionally, Zeus was called Zeu Pater in Greek, and Sanskrit speakers used the term Dyaus pitar (father of heavens) to refer to the sky god. This all points an archetypal “sky father” deep in the history of Indo-European-speaking people, whose identity was localized by the cultures that splintered off over time.1

Jupiter was known by a number of epithets. For bringing victory, he was Iuppiter Elicius, or “Jupiter who brings forth,” and for summoning lightning, he was Iuppiter Fulgur, or “lightning Jupiter.” For bringing light and enlightenment to all things, he was Iuppiter Lucetius, or “Jupiter of the light,” as well as Iuppiter Caelestis, or “Jupiter of the heavens.” Above all, he was Iuppiter Optimus Maximus: “Jupiter, the best and greatest.”

Attributes
As the god of the sky, Jupiter commanded lightning, thunder, and storms. Like Zeus, he wielded lightning bolts as weapons. Befitting his role as king of the gods, Jupiter was commonly depicted sitting on a throne and holding a royal scepter and staff.

Rather than taking an active part in battles, however, Jupiter was imagined to oversee and control them. More than any other deity, Jupiter held the fate of the Roman state in the balance. To appease him, Romans offered sacrifice and took sacred oaths in his honor. The faithfulness with which they made sacrificial offerings and kept their oaths informed Jupiter’s bearing. The Romans came to believe that the success of their Mediterranean empire could be attributed to their unique devotion to Jupiter.

By way of the eagle, Jupiter also guided the taking of the auspices, the practice of divination whereby augurs tried to decipher omens and predict the future by observing the flight of birds (words such as “auspicious” and “inauspicious” come from this practice). Because the eagle was Jupiter’s sacred animal, the Romans believed that the bird’s behavior communicated his will. Omens divined through the behavior of eagles were considered to be the most revealing.

Family
Jupiter was the son of Saturn—the god of the sky who preceded Jupiter—and Ops (or Opis), goddess of the earth and growth. His brothers were Neptune, god of the sea, and Pluto, god of the underworld and wealth (metals, the basis of Roman coinage and wealth, were found underground). His sisters included Ceres, a fertility goddess who controlled the growth of grains, Vesta, goddess of hearth and home, and Juno, a maternal goddess associated with marriage, family, domestic tranquility, and the moon.

Jupiter was married to his sister Juno, who served as the Roman counterpart to Hera. Among their children were Mars, the god of war that played a substantial role in the founding of Rome, and Bellona, a goddess of war. Additional children included Vulcan, the god of fire, metalworking, and the forge, and Juventus, a youthful goddess who oversaw the transition from childhood to adulthood and was associated with invigoration and rejuvenation.

Though the Roman mythic corpus lacked the stories of marital strife that so often defined Zeus and Hera’s relationship, it was clear that Jupiter was unfaithful to Juno. Anecdotal tales told of Jupiter’s many infidelities and the children that resulted from them. With Maia, the goddess of earth and fertility (who may have lent her name to the Roman month Maius, or May), Jupiter had Mercury, the messenger god of commerce, merchants, sailing, and travel. With Dione, he sired Venus, goddess of love and sexual desire (although other stories had her emerging from sea foam, like the Greek Aphrodite). With his sister Ceres, Jupiter had Proserpine, an important cultic figure associated with cycles of decay and rebirth, just as Persephone was for the Greeks. Finally, with Metis, whom he raped, Jupiter had Minerva.

Mythology
By and large, Roman mythology lacked a rich narrative tradition. As such, little exists in the way of epic stories explaining the order of the universe and the origins of humankind. This is also true of Jupiter, whose mythos was built not around stories that featured him as a main character, but around the ways that Romans observed their chief deity and explained his place in their storied history.

Origins
Jupiter’s origins were largely identical to the tales of Zeus’ creation. Before Jupiter, Saturn reigned supreme as the god of the sky and the universe. Of course, it had not always been that way. Before Saturn, his father Caelus (meaning “heavens”) ruled, but Saturn overthrew his father and took control of the heavens for himself. After Saturn married Ops and impregnated her, he learned of a prophecy foretelling his downfall at the hands of one of his children. To prevent the usurper from seeing life, he swallowed the first five children that sprang from Ops’ womb. When the last child finally emerged, Ops hid him away and gave Saturn a rock dressed in swaddling instead. An unsuspecting Saturn devoured the rock whole.

What followed was the worst case of indigestion in the history of mythology. Unable to digest the rock, Saturn regurgitated it, along with the five children he had swallowed—Ceres, Juno, Neptune, Pluto, and Vesta. Jupiter, meanwhile, had been plotting his father’s imminent demise. With the help of his brothers and sisters, he defeated Saturn and took control of the cosmos.

Jupiter would later find himself in the same position as his father, Saturn. After raping and impregnating Metis, Jupiter was seized with the fear that his own unborn son might overthrow him. To avoid such a fate, Jupiter swallowed Metis along with her unborn child. Much to Jupiter’s surprise, the child did not die, but continued to grow until it burst from his forehead and into the world. That child was Minerva, the goddess of wisdom, forethought, and strategic warfare; she eventually became a part of the ruling Capitoline Triad.

https://mythopedia.com/roman-mythology/gods/jupiter/

(1) (Reply)

Can God Will Something And Evil Forces/men Change It? / What Is the Meaning of Selah Used In Book Of Psalms? As Seen In Psalm 9:20 / Behold The Black Man That May Take Over As General Overseer Of TB Joshua’s SCOAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.