Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,255 members, 7,836,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

What Is April Fool's Day All About? - Jokes Etc (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / What Is April Fool's Day All About? (19884 Views)

What Was Your April Fool Prank? / April Fool Pranks Thread: Recall Your Hilarious April Fool's Day Moments. / April Fool Day: The Greatest Prank You Orchestrated Or Was A Victim Of? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Adonisteve: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2021
TheFacelessMan:
angry

Some decades back, April 1, 1980.... I played such a prank.

It was Banco Presidential in the heart of Rio De Janiero.
grin man, it's been long, trust you doing good
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Angelfrost(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2021
Well, if it's about lying, then nearly everyday is April Fool's day in Naija! NTA and other news stations never disappoint!

1 Like

Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by SKYHIGHfx: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2021
Harllaby:
April who was born on 1st April 1579. He did 105 businesses in his lifetime. He lost all his father's assets, and so everyone started calling him father of the fools. At 19, he married a 61-year-old woman who divorced him after a year because of his foolishness.

He used to read all kinds of fake stories like you are doing now.

Your yansh
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2021
Our April shall be full of blessings beyond measure and we shall not be fooled. Happy New Month.
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by TheFacelessMan: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2021
The slip was intentional wink
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Urban9aira: 11:11am On Apr 01, 2021
only fools still do this
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Elliot2(m): 11:14am On Apr 01, 2021
MTN users, dial *6060*1#, for 20gb cheat. hurry!!!
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Vulcanheph(m): 11:14am On Apr 01, 2021
Harllaby:
April who was born on 1st April 1579. He did 105 businesses in his lifetime. He lost all his father's assets, and so everyone started calling him father of the fools. At 19, he married a 61-year-old woman who divorced him after a year because of his foolishness.

He used to read all kinds of fake stories like you are doing now.
gringringrin
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by 99thEnemy(m): 11:15am On Apr 01, 2021
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by lekki1444: 11:19am On Apr 01, 2021
nigeria is too hard for people to get mind to dey do april fool joke. no joy in the land grin grin grin grin

but ermm seriously nobody has pranked me yet
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Plut01: 11:23am On Apr 01, 2021

One idiot said Xrp (ripple) will reach 3k next week as if nah she go pump am.

Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by lekki1444: 11:23am On Apr 01, 2021
spydera:
2. On April 1, 1700, English pranksters begin popularizing the annual tradition of April Fools’ Day by playing practical jokes on each other...
Although the day, also called All Fools’ Day, has been celebrated for several centuries by different cultures, its exact origins remain a mystery.
WELL THAT IS WHY I AM HERE TO HELP YOU AND WITH MY CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS I HAVE COME UP WITH THE ORIGIN OF IT

PSALM 14 VS 1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
14 IS 1 MULTIPLIED BY 4 IS 4 WHICH IS APRIL. so april 1 is for the fool
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Chinnems(m): 11:23am On Apr 01, 2021
My neighbour told me that her sick aunt sent her to borrow money from me. She said the aunt promised to return it when her husband returned.

After giving her the money, she laughed, and shouted April fool before walking away.

I told her I was sorry for her.
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Duplexxx: 11:27am On Apr 01, 2021
Fool's is an insort

April is today
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 01, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
April fool is not suppose to be engaged by christians. A word is enough for the wise

Won tun ti de o undecided
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 01, 2021
ONYEUTALI:
You left the real information.

April Fools’ Day dates back to 1582, when France switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, as called for by the Council of Trent in 1563. In the Julian Calendar (as in the Hindu calendar), the new year began with the spring equinox AROUND April 1.

To dissuade people from celebrating April First as the first day of the year, the Pope Gregory XIII declared that those who still celebrate April 1st as the first day of the year are FOOLS. But England, unhappy with the Church of Rome, refused to go along with the new calendar. In the mid-18th century the difference had grown to 11 days. All British lands except Scotland, which changed its calendar 100 years before, now celebrated New Year's Day on Jan. 1.

Between 1582 and 1752 BOTH calendars, old and new style, were used in Europe in different locations – causing some rather perplexing dates for future researchers.

But changing calendars left everyone with a problem. Since the Gregorian calendar accounted more accurately for leap years, it was 11 days ahead of the Julian calendar by 1752. To correct this discrepancy and align all dates, 11 days had to be dropped when the switch was made.

Other countries started copying France's move (France was the first Roman empire to adopt the Gregorian calendar). We're anglophones, a former British colony. So I'll be telling you who Britain adopted the Gregorian calendar.

People living in Britain, America and other English colonies went to sleep on the night of Sept. 2, 1752, and when they woke up the next morning it was Sept. 14, 1752. Because the people thought the government was trying to cheat them out of 11 days of their lives, there were riots in villages. Eleven days (Sept. 3-13) were cut from the calendar, deleting them forever. These days simply never existed – no births, no marriages, no deaths.

This was very confusing by itself, but added to this change was that New Year moved from March 25 to Jan. 1. Think how confusing this must have been to people used to thinking about a year running from March 25 to March 24, now they had to get used to the year running from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. Imagine – a person could have been married on April 26, 1710 and died on Feb 2, 1710.

Search up this : "1752 Calendar change".

Scholar
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Iyke1998(m): 12:01pm On Apr 01, 2021
So i decided to play April fool on mum today.

I called her and told her that a girl just sent me a message telling me that she's pregnant for me.

Guess what she said?

Ikenna give me her number,let me talk to her.
*After all you don reach to marry*.������

1 Like

Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by MAYOWAAK: 12:09pm On Apr 01, 2021
THE ORIGIN OF APRIL FOOLS' DAY:
Here is an interesting historical fact. Just have a look at the calendar for the month of September, 1752. Go to Google and type " September 1752 calendar" and see for yourself. You will notice 11 days(3rd-13th) are simply missing from the month.Here's the explanation: This was the month during which England shifted from the Julian Calendar to the Gregorian Calendar. A Julian year was 11 days longer than a Gregorian year. So, the King of England ordered 11 days to be wiped off the face of that particular month. So, the workers worked for 11 days less that month but got paid for the whole month. That's how the idea of "paid leave" came into existence.In the Roman Julian Calendar, April used to be the first month of the year, but the Gregorian Calendar observed January as the first month. Even after shifting to the Gregorian Calendar, many people refused to give up old traditions and continued celebrating 1st April as the New Year's Day. When simple orders didn't work, the King finally issued a royal dictum which stated that those who celebrated 1st April as the New Year's Day would be labelled as fools. From then on 1st April became April Fool's Day.
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by 8stargeneral: 12:27pm On Apr 01, 2021
Bihari has returned back to Nigeria saying UK hospital don't HV well equipped medical facilities unlike Nigerian.
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Onyxunlimited(f): 1:08pm On Apr 01, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
April fool is not suppose to be engaged by christians. A word is enough for the wise
Kindly explain why not?
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Vello(m): 1:12pm On Apr 01, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Based on what fact(s) or principle?
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Emeka71(m): 2:31pm On Apr 01, 2021
wedeab:

Extra Source of Income: Checkout this legitimate online business that gives me atleast ₦25k or more weekly using my phone and from home. Check my Signature for details
April fool.
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Dayvidblue: 3:06pm On Apr 01, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Is that so? But why?
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:07pm On Apr 01, 2021
Dayvidblue:

Is that so? But why?
eccl 5:6 ..check it out.
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by DaInferno(m): 3:24pm On Apr 01, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
grin
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by DaInferno(m): 3:27pm On Apr 01, 2021
Righteousness2:
If Rapture Happens today! So Many will think it's April fools prank!
Many will think it's a joke! Only to be clearified that it's no joke.
Let's Prepare Folks! It will Suddenly!
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2021
Dayvidblue:

Is that so? But why?
Eccl 5:6. Obey and live
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Chiemeka1: 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2021
Foolishness ruins many who do not want to learn their lessons.
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by Cashify: 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2021
Ok
Re: What Is April Fool's Day All About? by AerialMapper: 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2021
A day commemorating APC supporters

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Blackberry Chat: "I'm Rich" / Crack Ya Ribs With This Funny Jokes / Some Funny Street Names In Your Locality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.