Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) (37980 Views)

Man Dies In Fatal Accident In Anambra (Disturbing Photos) / Man Dies In Car Accident 12 Days To His Wedding (Photos) / 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by MrJames007: 11:54am On Apr 02, 2021
Amarahly:

Let's repent
Ok na

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by psyco: 11:54am On Apr 02, 2021
NaMe4:
I've said this countless times. It seems the authorities in Edo State are not willing to keep law and order anymore.
Even within the town, trailers and tippers overspeed, even within crowded areas. But no one, even law enforcement officers, is willing to do any work.

The police are focussed on mounting useless check points at areas where their mission is to extort citizens going about their normal lives. Their extortion mission in the last few months seems to be an assignment by their CP.

The task force (PUWON) ignore one-way drivers, areas with 'NO Parking' signs where commercial drivers park. But hide around areas where no signs are placed then jump out to start extorting citizens for non-existent offences.

Touts and brigands have now taken advantage of the lawlessness, and begin to jump into people's cars in hold-ups in broad daylight, impersonating taskforce or law enforcement officers.

It's about time to start making video documentaries about the whole madness in the state.

you get mind to record video?
Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by Stockquality: 11:54am On Apr 02, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by shortgun(m): 11:55am On Apr 02, 2021
We keep telling them not to do anything more than 70km/h in any Japanese but they won't listen.
If you like speed get a Benz....at least it won't cut in 2 when you are involved in an accident.
RIP to the dead.
Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by PAWG(m): 11:57am On Apr 02, 2021
Stockquality:
He should have maintained medium speed at least 70 to 90kp/h. Lexus es 02to 06 na rear wheel drive,plus the speed too much for a sedan. I can buy a lexus,but can never use it to travel at high speed,men nawa o. All lexus es must compress, I dont know but I feel safer in an suv than sedan,fuc k.

Did you read what the Sienna driver said was the cause of the accident?

What makes you think the driver’s speed was over 90km/h

What if there was a ditch at the side of the road? You must really think you know it all.

No matter how careful you are, once luck isn’t on your side, it’s Game Over

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by heendrix(m): 11:59am On Apr 02, 2021
INDUSTRIALFAN:
not necessarily... a lot of dealer in a bid to escape excess custom fees dismantle a car and even go as far as cutting them in half and they ship in as parts then upon arrival, the take the cars to kabiru to weld back in place but these are safety hazards and accidents waiting to happen.... lass lass our government is still to blame for the very bad roads and excessive fees customs charge to clear cars which in turn cause people to want to find illicit ways to bypass the cost.

Jeesus Christ

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by Stockquality: 11:59am On Apr 02, 2021
Its mad speed,I had had one b4 and I know when I see one.
PAWG:

Did you read what the Sienna driver said was the cause of the accident?

What makes you think the driver’s speed was over 90km/h

What if there was a ditch at the side of the road? You must really think you know it all.

No matter how careful you are, once luck isn’t on your side, it’s Game Over
Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 02, 2021
Stockquality:
He should have maintained medium speed at least 70 to 90kp/h. Lexus es 02to 06 na rear wheel drive,plus the speed too much for a sedan. I can buy a lexus,but can never use it to travel at high speed,men nawa o. All lexus es must compress, I dont know but I feel safer in an suv than sedan,fuc k.
No it isn’t, it is based on same chassis as the camry. It is a front wheel drive
Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by heendrix(m): 12:02pm On Apr 02, 2021
Onebaddest01:
The day I drove my Brother Lexus ES300...I told God I will never drive this car again.paper na understatement.

Lexus are like that even Rx330

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by Stockquality: 12:03pm On Apr 02, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALtGqSdt-4w

kokaneprodigy:

No it isn’t, it is based on same chassis as the camry. It is a front wheel drive
y
Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by PAWG(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2021
Stockquality:
Its mad speed,I had had one b4 and I know when I see one.

Read again and stop assuming. A driver was ‘driven’ off the road on his rightful side of the road and you’re here blaming him. You owned one so what? It’s as unreasonable as thinking that every marriage that breaks is because the man cheated , BECAUSE your cheating led to your own marriage’s breakup
Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2021
Stockquality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALtGqSdt-4w

y
What’s the essence of this video
Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by Reference(m): 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2021
Stockquality:
How come the sienna still dey intact, head on collision at mad speed. I can bet he was either drunk or too excited.. why couldn't he maintain 70 to 80,or he felt someone would run into him at tha speed.

Didn't you read where it said the Lexus swerved onto the road shoulder to avoid the the oncoming truck and on trying to regain the road got caught in a shoulder rut causing it to spin and present sideways to the Sienna.

The perpendicular force caused the split like a martial artist splitting as board with his fist. Few vehicles are reinforced to withstand that kind of side impact damage and that age and type of vehicle has limited, if not ant side airbags. Surprised he was brought out alive.

Bad road shoulder accidents are just too common in Nigeria and the authorities should note they road shoulders are there for incidents like this amongst other reasons.

I had a similar spinoff in 2001 on Calabar - Ikom loosing two tyres due to jagged shoulders while avoiding massive unexpected potholes at high speed. At the end of the day these so called roads are not worth the risk. They are not in any condition for high speeds. That is the bottom line of his death.

5 Likes

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by conscienceman4(m): 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
Guy, you're a good scene reporter.
You can just imagine how it happened from the write up.
Trailer has gone way.
That is what over speeding can result to.
RIP to the one that died.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by Reference(m): 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
PAWG:

Read again and stop assuming. A driver was ‘driven’ off the road on his rightful side of the road and you’re here blaming him. You owned one so what? It’s as unreasonable as thinking that every marriage that breaks is because the man cheated , BECAUSE your cheating led to your own marriage’s breakup

His speed was the primary reason but not the only reason. Few people realise how dangerous some of these truck drivers can be on those major highways.

If a truck overtakes suddenly as you approach and the road happens to be of poor quality at that point you are done. Its either the shoulders are bad or development (trading, parking, etc) extends right to the tarmnac or as frequently seen in that part of the country, vegetative overgrowth, there is no avoiding a head on incident no matter how slow you drive.
Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by PAWG(m): 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2021
Reference:

His speed was the primary reason but not the only reason. Few people realise how dangerous some of these truck drivers can be on those major highways.

If a truck overtakes suddenly as you approach and the road happens to be of poor quality at that point you are done. Its either the shoulders are bad or development (trading, parking, etc) extends right to the tarmnac or as frequently seen in that part of the country, vegetative overgrowth, there is no avoiding a head on incident no matter how slow you drive.

Okay god
Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by ArcFresky(m): 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
INDUSTRIALFAN:
is it SUV that is now good for high speed? The problem is not the speed.... the lexus handled the speed well.... the bad roads in conjunction with the fool behind the wheels of the truck caused the accident because the truck driver could very much see ahead to know à vehicle was oncoming.

Exactly my thoughts.
Most accidents are caused by panic driving/ inexperience.

The other day I was traveling with my guy doing 120+ ontop smooth road along Lagos-IB.

Someone just swerved into our lane, dude panicked, swerved hard into the divide, and ended writing-off my car, when he could have just rear ended the mf.

Point is, people just hop into V6 cars and think its all about the accelerator and the brakes.

Smh.
Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by Malawian(m): 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2021
If you have used this "highway" before, you will have no doubt the driver committed suicide. A one way "highway" which the tarred portion only just about accommodate two saloon cars going opposite direction is where this guy was driving at top speed to the point he can't even control his vehicle. A highway filled with numerous sharp bends and overgrown shrubs to the point you may not even see the vehicle coming in the opposite direction until you are less than 30ft apart, or is it the numerous potholes that spring up unannounced all over it. it is this kind of dead trap the driver was at top speed on! Na the Lexus deceive am. If na jalopy he dey drive, he would have been more careful.

Another question I have always asked, why can't the state government dualize and expand this road, granted, it is a Federal road, but it is mostly Edo people that ply it. Lives have been wasted here through accidents, my homeboy almost gave his life to Christ on this very road in 2006. It is also easier for bandits to waylay people on this route due to the sharp bendings everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by Sheyisky84: 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2021
3gpvids:
The pain before the death
hian no be here o
no be small thing. had my own accident last week with my corrolla.
Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by berrystunn(m): 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2021
Hahahah drugs , drink is bad and also

Using phone while driving

What do you expect ? RIP ?

Too many seems to be normal people but mad arccos the country .

Driving with 2 eye's close
Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by kingreign(m): 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
Stockquality:

What did you just typed?

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by kingreign(m): 12:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
INDUSTRIALFAN:
tomorrow people will come and be comparing German cars to Japanese cars..... anything Japanese just be like paper... steering sef no firm.. just soft like today bread. Small touch car don swerve.

Till you drive an infiniti then you can conclude.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by yesloaded: 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
Stockquality:
Airbags only popped from dashboard and door,meaning rest of car don get accident before naija panel beaters change a. The only cr I can turbo is either hummer h3 or g wagon .u see this two cars,lexus rx and lexus es,they'd kill u quick. U dey March 130kph for v6,u think day na 4plug,the day I had my own accident,n 160kph and na drunk driving o,las las na back of 0atked car i go sleep put, minor bruise get .ppl shock when I hoped out of the damaged beyond repair car. Nothing do me,but me and speed ow we be enemies,highest na 90 10,city 40 to 50kph,I see most of these fools using es to be speeding to no where,hahahahaha. I can't forget that night sha,I was expecting id be in heaven,but when I opened my eyes,na steering head I don dey snore on top before I got myself 5mins later. Ororo na bastard o.my system ws 90% intoxicated. God too like me o

As far as am concerned, I think highest speed that supposed to be on these sedan should not exceed 120km/hr

I see no reason why these vehicles should have over 200km/hr

I hardly go beyond 120km/hr on highway with sedan and from today, I promised to keep to 100km/hr at most, no hurry in life

Drivers should be careful, high speed is very sweet especially while listening to sweet music but can kill

RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by Akfrenzy(m): 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
seems it happenend besides a police station ,so police couldn't provide emergency medical attention

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by IMASTEX: 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2021
Akfrenzy:
seems it happenend besides a police station ,so police couldn't provide emergency medical attention
Is it the Nigeria Police that also need emergency?

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by UncutSk(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
Stockquality:
wrong!!! it's a front wheel drivetrain

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by gnykelly(m): 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2021
Shellsploit:
He must have been doing 120mph...
Reminds me when i drove my friends Lexus e300 whilst coming back from lekki at the wee hours of the night... I was doing 120 and i felt the entire car was weightless.

For your safety as someone mentioned above, never speed above 80mph with lexus e300 on a highway.

when I was doing uber driving. i don't drive the Toyota more than 80km/h. the thing is so light that any slight swerve the vehicle is gone.

a note to everyone driving any vehicle which engine is less than 3.5L please don't do more than 80km in areas where the lane is not more than 3 lane

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by BigYash: 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
Akfrenzy:
I think its some kind of task force that stops trucks. Accident happens most times in that area.. If it happens those task force idiots go vanish at once.
Re: Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) by gnykelly(m): 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
Stay away from Toyota Camry 06/7 to 013. Faulty brake system. When on high speed like 120-140, once you hit the brakes, car waves anyhow.

Lexus ES series 03/04 to 010. Way too light! But car can really accelerate, but no balance!

what about rx350 '10-'13

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All Airports In Nigeria Will Be Shut Sunday Midnight - Aviation Unions / The Biggest Things Ever To Be Transported By Sea / Black Box From Crashed Ethiopian Airline Arrives Paris For Investigation(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.