Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,437 members, 7,861,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? (789 Views)

Man Of The HOUSE: Is This Also Part Of The Job? / Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? / Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Godiswithmee(f): 10:51am On Apr 03, 2021
Good day nairalanders,

Someone close to me is in a state of dilemma and needs advise.

He has been a contract staff in one of the leading commercial banks in Nigeria and was recently converted into a full staff. The issue now is he has been deployed from South West to extreme North (Maiduguri). He has tried every means to get redeployed but all efforts proved abortive.

Considering the fasting rise of unemployment in the country, he feels it's unwise to reject the offer. Still, he's in a state of dilemma.

Should he take the job offer, even though national security is at the lowest there?

Please advise.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any contact that can help, I'll be in the comment section.

Dear Mods, please kindly push to the front page.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by yanabasee1(m): 10:57am On Apr 03, 2021
This is difficult...

But why would they redeploy him to a destination that he isn't familiar with.....

He should take a bold step and make his decision....

If we ask him to resign, we won't give him a job to replace it....

If we ask him to go to maiduguri, we won't be there to protect him....

So he should take the decision by himself...

4 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:32pm On Apr 03, 2021
He should accept the job if the bank is located in a urban area of Borno state. The areas affected by Boko Haram insurgency are usually rural areas.

I travel a lot to the northeast BTW
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Richy4(m): 1:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
In my Opinion I think he should take it... If he got family, he should not relocate with them.... some times, this world is about risk... He should keep on pressing the redeployment button... who knows, an inhouse opening might come up in another branch outside the state....
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Karleb(m): 1:16pm On Apr 03, 2021
You had better stay where you are.
I can assure you that you'll get kidnap on your way to resume at Maiduguri.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Zobah: 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2021
Decline ASAP
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 04, 2021
Take the job, collect relocation allowance,start saving,work for 3 months and take off,which one be north east?
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by brownemmanuel43(m): 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2021
The ball is in his court, resign and join the jobless brothers. Take the risk and continue with your life, life is all about risk, if he is the risk type he should take the job, if he is not he can resign. Mind u even Iraq and Iran businesses are still going on their and Nigerians are their too

(1) (Reply)

Men: Do You Pray To Be Like Your Father? / Haeir Thermocool Freezer For Sale -150k / Guys, Can I Meet Y'all?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.