Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,893 members, 7,810,430 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House (7046 Views)

Man Catches His Mother With Her Lover, Attacked By Mum's Lover (photos) / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by iv4real(f): 12:20am On Apr 22, 2011
The poster might be wrong for talking to his wife in a bad manner, that does not give his mother in law the right to slap him. Any sensible mother inlaw will caution the man , if she feels insulted she should let him know. How will the girl feel if the husbands mother slaps her because she was rude to her husband. People should stop allowing their parents interfer in their marriages. Your wife should draw a boundary for her mother if she wants her marriage to last.
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 22, 2011
iv4real:

The poster might be wrong for talking to his wife in a bad manner, that does not give his mother in law the right to slap him. Any sensible mother inlaw will caution the man , if she feels insulted she should let him know. How will the girl feel if the husbands mother slaps her because she was rude to her husband. People should stop allowing their parents interfer in their marriages. Your wife should draw a boundary for her mother if she wants her marriage to last.

Spot on.
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by Ndipe(m): 12:00am On Apr 23, 2011
Why am I not getting notification in my email?

This topic is becoming redundant.
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by emmatok(m): 11:25pm On Apr 27, 2011
brb
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by ono(m): 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2011
Who's chaircover? Need to talk with her. Sensible, mature response.
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by klear(f): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2011
Only God knows d words d man used dat made d MIL 2 slap him, dou am not n support of d action cos dia r more mature ways 2 handle d issue oda dan slapping d man while stil retaining ones dignity ( dat may have been stripped away wit d words d OP may have uttered) @OP didnt u stop 2 consider u wia d 1st 2 abuse ( Using ur own words) ur wife & one who happens 2 b nursing at d time ( meaning she is at a stage wia anytin can easily depress her. Ever heard of PPD?) & in all honesty at home most of d time we hardly know wen PHCN restores light ( cos d gen house is near d gate ) especially if we r engrossed n a TV programme. Packing out of ur home will only aggravate d issue, Next time consider d feelings of d woman u vowed 2 cherish & d mother of ur child & call a meeting btwn ur U, ur wife & MIL so dat every body can air dia feelings & hopefully move on & while doing dat, kip ur temper n check cos fire can only destroy not rebuild
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2011
klear:

Only God knows d words d man used dat made d MIL 2 slap him, dou am not n support of d action cos dia r more mature ways 2 handle d issue oda dan slapping d man while stil retaining ones dignity ( dat may have been stripped away wit d words d OP may have uttered) @OP didnt u stop 2 consider u wia d 1st 2 abuse ( Using your own words) your wife & one who happens 2 b nursing at d time ( meaning she is at a stage wia anytin can easily depress her. Ever heard of PPD?) & in all honesty at home most of d time we hardly know wen PHCN restores light ( cos d gen house is near d gate ) especially if we r engrossed n a TV programme. Packing out of your home will only aggravate d issue, Next time consider d feelings of d woman u vowed 2 cherish & d mother of your child & call a meeting btwn your U, your wife & MIL so dat every body can air dia feelings & hopefully move on & while doing dat, kip your temper n check cos fire can only destroy not rebuild

Your response is difficult to understand. Perhaps it would be an idea, to refrain from using text / SMS, in anything other than a mobile phone text message, where space may be limited.

I get your general point though, sort of.
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by toyemz(f): 5:24am On Apr 30, 2011
wow
for a mother in law to slap her daughter's husband -
is that not a taboo?
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 02, 2011
I guess it would be ok for my mum to daze my wife when she overtalks.Women are just impossible.The MIL no even respect the guy kobo,she slapped the dude from the back that is what you do to someone totally beneath you.From this one can infer that she doesn't speak a word while Legba dey jabor,she was ticked off,got up,move over and then gbosa, The result is Legba's crushed ego,the guy can't even shout anymore,all he can do is pack a bag and threaten his wife apparently she enjoyed her husband being violated that's why she hasn't apologised on behalf of her mum.
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by zayhal(f): 6:03pm On May 02, 2011
Whatever the man might have said to his wife, it's very wrong and stupid of a MIL to slap her SIL, in his own house! I doubt if the woman has a husband herself.

The way a couple relates and talk to each other is no one's business but both of them so i do not agree with those saying that she might have been provoked by the man's utterances to his wife. do we know the kind of woman the wife is? Do we know whether the way she talks to her husband is worse-off when angry? Will it be ok for the man's dad or mum to slap the wife if she speaks rudely to her husband in their presence?

Please, ohun ti o daa ko daa.
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by Godalone(m): 9:52pm On May 02, 2011
Spot on @ZAYHAL
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by Shinatu: 1:55pm On May 04, 2011
The MIL really lacks self control and at her age, that is very sad.
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
Ujujoan:

Are you equating the physical strength of a man to that of a woman?

The slap from the MIL couldn't have been harmful to a full grown man like him but I bet a slap from a man will have the exact opposite effect.

The point here is that the man should have respected the MIL by using a gentler tone while scolding his wife. Like the MIL said, he was also indirectly screaming at her (the MIL) because she was there too!

Okay maybe she shouldn't have slapped him, but he would have thought of the consequences of his actions . . . before doing them!

I pity your spouse if you have any.
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by Lumpyy(f): 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
@Ujujoan: and its u dt says no matter what a woman does/say,a man has no right to touch her.haba,am a woman n am sure banning my mom frm my home for a while if she tries dt,d woman is very shameless and wants to ruin her childs marriage,no one should be slapped by their inlaw under any curcumstance ma!
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2013
Thank God for my sweet mother, a true mediator, wonderful counselor. I'm a woman but I can't imagine my own mother slapping my husband. How can anyone even defend this OP's MIL's action? Let's agree that the guy overreacted but that is no reason for a mother to slap her SIL. A good mother will mediate and try to restore peace and quite or even excuse herself and leave for her room with the baby and won't interfere unless it totally degenerates into a fight which is not likely here! I wonder how those defending her action will feel if it was the wife that was slapped by the man's mother for whatever reason.

I'm quite sure the case had been long settled, hopefully amicably and I believe MIL apologized and they've moved on.
Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by deeptesting(m): 10:09am On Dec 08, 2013
@OP take a deep breath,relax,clear your head and possibly get yourself a bottle of beer.. I believe your MIL has been in your house not for fun but assisting your young family with the new born..Shi**t do happen in life but what matters is how you handle and cope with it.. Be a real man, call your wife and discuss with her and also call your MIL who is also your Mum and apologize to her if you really said something bad to her daughter ,love conquers all things. I am telling you from experience i am old in the marriage game and have fought many unimaginable battles to sustain my marriage even to the extent of banishing my in-laws(Mother and father) from visiting my home just to save my marriage. You were quite immature the way you handle the issue,you would have simply put off the generator and change over without saying a word to them. If you want to have a happy marital life you have got to be real patient and discerning. Please i am not exonerating your MIL`s action but i want you to pursue peace,love and joy to have a happy family... I can assure you that many more issues will come your way, will you always scream,drive away your in-laws or move out from the house? You don`t want to make more mistakes in the course of correcting a mistake,i want you to be matured and be a man.

1 Like

Re: Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House by Yankelaptops: 9:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
Does the mother in-law slap are own kids (males/female) when ever they disobey her in their respective homes? Why should grown-up be slapped. Why not call the son-inlaws parents to report him. Why not correct him by talking to him. I thought older people are supposed to be wiser than the younger generation. What point is the mother in-law trying to make by slapping him. That she's a no nonsense mother. But her daughter may suffer for her moms unwise decision.

1. How will son-in-laws parents and family react to this. Should they starting being physical to her daughter too going forward anytime they feel disrespect.
2. What if he starting looking outside the home for respect....? what if he start cheating.. In shot.. the wife has the most to lose, the mother in law should have used wisdom to handle it differently.

Whatever decisions are made by parents in their children's homes should be something that'll bring harmony to there respective houses. With that said, some men have very very bad hanger management issues. Heading a home by hanger, or as a dictator is also not good. The saddest thing is that most that have this issue don't admit that they have a problem.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Challenges Of Marrying A Single Mom / why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. / That Awkward Moment When You Inhale The Smell Of a F U C K Inside a Taxi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.