Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

Scuba Divers And Paralysis ('the Bends') In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scuba Divers And Paralysis ('the Bends') In Nigeria (762 Views)

I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience / Sleep Paralysis: Yoruba Calls It 'orinrin'. It Is Not A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scuba Divers And Paralysis ('the Bends') In Nigeria by oxypress: 9:31am On Apr 19, 2011
From HBOT in Port Harcourt, Nigeria: 08033409039,
Some Scuba divers in Nigeria may get 'BENDS' long after they have been 'settled' by their masters. The bends is a complication which affects divers after resurfacing from a diving operation or sporting activity even if normal diving protocols have been observed. As the diver resurfaces, microbubbles are formed in the blood vessels causing vascular embolism. Air bubbles block the flow of blood to various organs resulting in devastating consequenses like paralysis in any area of the body and may even cause death.

The solution to this is recompression of the victim to the depth below sea level at which he has been operating and programed decompression under supervision.

Most of these victims have no where to go to except being taken abroad but some continue to suffer for lack of availability of a hyperbaric oxygen therapy that is medically supervised. But now we have a chamber that can handle this situation here in Nigeria right now. Fur further info contact: 08033409039.

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Help Me Out / Fibroid Surgery @ George's Medical Centre Or Reddington Hospital / I Need Effective Medicine For Cough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.