Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

Stop Using Feminism To Justify Wickedness –chimamanda To Nigerian Young Feminist - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stop Using Feminism To Justify Wickedness –chimamanda To Nigerian Young Feminist (177 Views)

Maryam Ogunbayo Among One Of The Three Best Nigerian Young Scientist / Open Society Foundations Young Feminist Leaders Fellowships / MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Using Feminism To Justify Wickedness –chimamanda To Nigerian Young Feminist by Gojo: 5:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
Award-winning Nigerian author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, has taken a swipe at Nigerian feminists.

Chimamanda in a viral video interview warned Nigerian feminists to stop using feminism to justify their wickedness.

According to her, some young Nigerian ladies in the name of feminism sound really mean and ‘nasty’ which is not the aim of feminism.

Chimamanda said: “I say to young Nigerian feminists – please do not use feminism to justify your wickedness.

“Sometimes, I see some of these young ladies and when talking to them, they sound really mean, and I say to them this isn’t feminism; you’re just being nasty.”

Feminism in the world today aims to combat gender inequality and oppression of women in society.

Watch the video from the source below:

https://www.774ngr.com/2021/04/10/stop-using-feminism-to-justify-wickedness-chimamanda-to-nigerian-young-feminists/

Re: Stop Using Feminism To Justify Wickedness –chimamanda To Nigerian Young Feminist by bigtt76(f): 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
Patron Saint of feminism in Nigeria has spoken cheesy

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Feminism To Justify Wickedness –chimamanda To Nigerian Young Feminist by PoliteActivist: 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
[.
Re: Stop Using Feminism To Justify Wickedness –chimamanda To Nigerian Young Feminist by bigtt76(f): 7:42pm On Apr 10, 2021
No one said anything was wrong with it just the way its practised by few in Nigeria being nasty

PoliteActivist:

Nothing wrong with feminism and nothing wrong with being a feminist. Actually noble.

Feminism in the world today aims to combat gender inequality and oppression of women in society.

Re: Stop Using Feminism To Justify Wickedness –chimamanda To Nigerian Young Feminist by PoliteActivist: 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2021
bigtt76:
No one said anything was wrong with it just the way its practised by few in Nigeria being nasty

Then call them something else, like "men-haters", not feminists.
"Feminist" should not be a pejorative
Re: Stop Using Feminism To Justify Wickedness –chimamanda To Nigerian Young Feminist by bigtt76(f): 11:35pm On Apr 10, 2021
They are feminists because during the cause of championing it, they take time to be mean and nasty towards men. Men haters may be feminists too but not all men haters are feminists, Chimamanda was specific about feminists who are also men-haters ...I hope that clears it.

PoliteActivist:

Then call them something else, like "men-haters", not feminists.
"Feminist" should not be a pejorative
Re: Stop Using Feminism To Justify Wickedness –chimamanda To Nigerian Young Feminist by PoliteActivist: 2:25am On Apr 11, 2021
bigtt76:
They are feminists because during the cause of championing it, they take time to be mean and nasty towards men. Men haters may be feminists too but not all men haters are feminists, Chimamanda was specific about feminists who are also men-haters ...I hope that clears it.

Lol. Can't u see u just validated what I was saying: men-hating has nothing to do with feminism. There are male feminists too. Advocating eradication of oppression of women has nothing to do with hating men. Just as advocating eradication of racism (for example) has nothing to do with hating whites or anybody

(1) (Reply)

How Many Countries In Africa? / Midland University Scholarships For International Students /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.