Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,101 members, 7,859,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:14 PM

I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension (1549 Views)

Converted My Peugeot 407 Coupé V6 From Auto To Stick-shift / Someone Converted A Private Jet Into A Luxurious $5m Street-legal Party Limo / Look At How Someone Converted A Mercedes Benz To A Rolls Royce (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by OfficialDJ: 10:24am On Apr 12, 2021
So i just got a tokunbo Mercedes Benz Cls500, and I was afraid (still afraid) of Mercedes Benz’s airmatic suspensions.

I had to convert it to the normal suspensions.

Any negative effects?
Heavenlybang
Nakoks
Kewtt
Kingreign
Inception
Adanny01
Radautoworks
And the rest I’ve forgotten to mention

Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by kingreign(m): 10:41am On Apr 12, 2021
OfficialDJ:
So i just got a tokunbo Mercedes Benz Cls500, and I was afraid (still afraid) of Mercedes Benz’s airmatic suspensions.

Any negative effects?
Heavenlybang
Nakoks
Kewtt
Kingreign
Inception
Adanny01
Radautoworks
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

5 Likes

Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by DMechy: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2021
OfficialDJ:

Any negative effects?
Heavenlybang
Nakoks
Kewtt
Kingreign
Inception
Adanny01
Radautoworks

embarassed remember to remove the esp, and use savo alone, you can actually make some money selling the power seats, and put normal seat. The Mercedes is riddled with too much module and they fail. The electronic steering is another thing to be afraid of.

The vehicle is not made for you. Be nice enough to sell it to those who like and can take care of luxury, before putting a camry engine in it lipsrsealed

You really do not have anything to be worried about as long the right shock was installed. the ride might not be as smooth when you ride through a not too smooth road. I am sure your Mil for the suspension is on the dash, and esp. If the lights do not bother you, you are good

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by kingreign(m): 10:54am On Apr 12, 2021
DMechy:

embarassed remember to remove the esp, and use savo alone, you can actually make some money selling the power seats, and put normal seat. The Mercedes is riddled with too much module and they fail. The electronic steering is another thing to be afraid of.

The vehicle is not made for you. Be nice enough to sell it to those who like and can take care of luxury, before putting a camry engine in it lipsrsealed

Are you in any way related to Buhari? I just want to check something

No chills no cap!

1 Like

Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by DMechy: 11:24am On Apr 12, 2021
kingreign:

No chills no cap!

I don cap

1 Like

Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by Kingdemu: 11:43am On Apr 12, 2021
DMechy:

You really do not have anything to be worried about as long the right shock was installed. the ride might not be as smooth when you ride through a not too smooth road. I am sure your Mil for the suspension is on the dash, and esp. If the lights do not bother you, you are good

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by OfficialDJ: 11:48am On Apr 12, 2021
DMechy:

you see me for dream?

sad

I just love the raw power it exudes.

And who says I’m not built to take care of luxury cars tongue

The conversion was done smoothly, and it rides well.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
OfficialDJ:

Any negative effects?
Heavenlybang
Nakoks
Kewtt
Kingreign
Inception
Adanny01
Radautoworks

20" wheels?
Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by OfficialDJ: 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

20" wheels?
yeah
Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by radautoworks: 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2021
OfficialDJ:

Any negative effects?
Heavenlybang
Nakoks
Kewtt
Kingreign
Inception
Adanny01
Radautoworks

You already did it tho so what's the question....?
Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by DMechy: 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2021
OfficialDJ:
you see me for dream?

sad

I just love the raw power it exudes.

And who says I’m not built to take care of luxury cars tongue

The conversion was done smoothly, and it rides well.
Thanks

Be Good boss

You can bring the beast to our shop in Gbagada, make we help you pamper am
Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by OfficialDJ: 3:06pm On Apr 12, 2021
radautoworks:

You already did it tho so what's the question....?
does it have any cons?
Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by OfficialDJ: 3:06pm On Apr 12, 2021
DMechy:

Be Good boss

You can bring the beast to our shop in Gbagada, make we help you pamper am
I’m based in the south south
Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by DMechy: 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2021
OfficialDJ:
I’m based in the south south

Phew

No worry, we go dey give remote support.

I beg, theres nothing to be afraid of in the Mercedes, everything was designed for your comfort.

Drive it often, no be car for weekends, or special occasions. If you have some long distance journey, dont carry your camry, breeze this and enjoy your money. It actually needs it.

Then change oil as at when due. Buy Mobil 1. There are so many stores just selling cans, with 20w50 in them.

Anty Rad sells better.

Then get better professional to take care of her. I assume, you are your own mechanic, directing one that is dazed with such beauty, and will say, no mind all this oyinbo people. Make we commot am.

You have an ayorkeler right there (This what we call drive. I got a drive) no be moto, no be car, no be ride. Na DRIVE

Be good Sir

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by OfficialDJ: 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2021
DMechy:

Phew

No worry, we go dey give remote support.

I beg, theres nothing to be afraid of in the Mercedes, everything was designed for your comfort.

Drive it often, no be car for weekends, or special occasions. If you have some long distance journey, dont carry your camry, breeze this and enjoy your money. It actually needs it.

Then change oil as at when due. Buy Mobil 1. There are so many stores just selling cans, with 20w50 in them.

Anty Rad sells better.

Then get better professional to take care of her. I assume, you are your own mechanic, directing one that is dazed with such beauty, and will say, no mind all this oyinbo people. Make we commot am.

You have an ayorkeler right there (This what we call drive. I got a drive) no be moto, no be car, no be ride. Na DRIVE

Be good Sir
thanks boss wink
Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by radautoworks: 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2021
OfficialDJ:
does it have any cons?
beyond dash lights? Not really if you like the ride. If you have no lights, enjoy.
Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by kayswag100(m): 5:46pm On Apr 12, 2021
kingreign:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

My best American quote ever!!

3 Likes

Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by RuneKingThor: 5:56pm On Apr 14, 2021
OfficialDJ:

Any negative effects?
Heavenlybang
Nakoks
Kewtt
Kingreign
Inception
Adanny01
Radautoworks
At least you for enjoy the airmatic small.

1 Like

Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by DAVE5(m): 7:50am On Apr 15, 2021
RuneKingThor:

At least you for enjoy the airmatic small.

I thought as much, probably he sold it as toks

Me I like to live everything in a car the exact way manufacturer made it

1 Like

Re: I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2021
OfficialDJ:
does it have any cons?
Good day boss please I need your financial help urgently
Please help me
Access

(1) (Reply)

What Causes A Windshield To Crack? / Lexus Lx 570 Shock Absorber / Hot Deal! 2000 Toyota Sienna: Very Good Engine And Body!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.