Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

What Does It Take To Build A Robust E-commerce Platform Like Ebay And Jumia? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Does It Take To Build A Robust E-commerce Platform Like Ebay And Jumia? (440 Views)

How To Build A Multi Vendor Marketplace Like Ebay Using Magento / E-commerce Web App Like Konga And Jumia / If You Need A Robust Laravel Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Take To Build A Robust E-commerce Platform Like Ebay And Jumia? by Holyjosy(f): 2:07pm On Apr 12, 2021
Experienced Programmers in the house? What will it take to build a e-commerce platform like jumia or eBay in Nigeria?
What are the technology required and what are the cost implications.
The programmers and the skills needed.

On a low budget. How do you organize your team?

Please add with any other information that might be needed.

Experienced Project Manager (E-commerce) send CV to royal.consult@outlook.com or josephobadina@yandex.com

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Build A Robust E-commerce Platform Like Ebay And Jumia? by DC49: 2:47pm On Apr 12, 2021
Something that huge will need a team unless you don't mind waiting a while for a single developer to build it up.

Ideally the team should consist of 3 members, with a UI/UX designer to design the wireframes and user interface, a frontend developer to build the frontend, and a backend developer to handle the back-end. However the team can consist of 2 or 1 member(s) if any of the members can handle more than one area, but the delivery time will most likely increase. The advantage here is that it'll be relatively cheaper.

As for the technologies, the common ones are Figma/Adobe XD/etc for the UI/UX, Angular/React/Vue for the frontend development, and Django/NodeJS/laravel/etc for the backend. I must add that the technology stack really doesn't matter. It all depends on what the developer is most comfortable with.

Finally the cost. I'm sorry to burst your balls here, but I don't think you can get something the quality of Jumia and Ebay for cheap. Don't let anyone deceive you.
My rough estimate is that this whole platform may have upto 60 pages which could cost above 100k for the UI/UX alone.

The actual cost of course will depend on the people you're working with and their experience level.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Build A Robust E-commerce Platform Like Ebay And Jumia? by Holyjosy(f): 4:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
DC49:
Something that huge will need a team unless you don't mind waiting a while for a single developer to build it up.

Ideally the team should consist of 3 members, with a UI/UX designer to design the wireframes and user interface, a frontend developer to build the frontend, and a backend developer to handle the back-end. However the team can consist of 2 or 1 member(s) if any of the members can handle more than one area, but the delivery time will most likely increase. The advantage here is that it'll be relatively cheaper.

As for the technologies, the common ones are Figma/Adobe XD/etc for the UI/UX, Angular/React/Vue for the frontend development, and Django/NodeJS/laravel/etc for the backend. I must add that the technology stack really doesn't matter. It all depends on what the developer is most comfortable with.

Finally the cost. I'm sorry to burst your balls here, but I don't think you can get something the quality of Jumia and Ebay for cheap. Don't let anyone deceive you.
My rough estimate is that this whole platform may have upto 60 pages which could cost above 100k for the UI/UX alone.

The actual cost of course will depend on the people you're working with and their experience level.

Thanks for your response.
Do you have experience in managing and sourcing a team for a project like this?
Re: What Does It Take To Build A Robust E-commerce Platform Like Ebay And Jumia? by DC49: 7:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
Holyjosy:

Thanks for your response.
Do you have experience in managing and sourcing a team for a project like this?

Unfortunately I'm a developer, and I know very little about management. I think you'll need a professional project manager for this.

As for sourcing the right team, you can reach me on WhatsApp let's talk more about it. My contact is on my signature.

(1) (Reply)

ERP Software / Please What Does Appstore Mean By This? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.