Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? (2625 Views)

This Creature Terrorising Us Was Caught / Would You Eat This Weird Looking Creature? / What Kind Of Creature Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by Legendguy(m): 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
I caught this animal in a bushy area but I had to let it go, I hope it is safe where it is. Non of the lacals cannot identify the animal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by eme1n(m): 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hedgehog

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by Legendguy(m): 4:18pm On Apr 12, 2021
eme1n:
Hedgehog
Lemme Google it
Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by airminem(f): 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
She's beautiful. Please don't eat cheesy
Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by Legendguy(m): 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2021
airminem:
Lol, why will I eat it, I'm not like those people, you know them, they can eat any animal for Africa
Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by airminem(f): 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2021
Legendguy:

Lol, why will I eat it, I'm not like those people, you know them, they can eat any animal for Africa
Lol. Thats right, i call them the "eaters" wink
Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by JaneYave(f): 6:46pm On Apr 12, 2021
Funny enough we call it idiot. I am just knowing the name as well. It has an adaptative survival behavior of culling its head inwards if touched

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by Dominion375: 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
Porcupine
Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 13, 2021
These is the african porcupine they were talking about,very perfect in getting rid of snakes,or for meat, any of your choice

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 13, 2021
airminem:

Pardon my intrusion. But how can you tell for sure that it's a 'she'?
Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by airminem(f): 8:33am On Apr 13, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Pardon my intrusion. But how can you tell for sure that it's a 'she'?
Funny you grin
Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 13, 2021
airminem:
Funny you grin

On the contrary, I was actually thinking that there was a way of knowing its sex at first glance.

That was exactly why I asked.
Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by airminem(f): 9:07am On Apr 13, 2021
mansakhalifa:

On the contrary, I was actually thinking that there was a way of knowing its sex at first glance.

That was exactly why I asked.

Technically you would be correct. In normal settings, it is perfectly normal and expected to use the pronouns he, she, her, and him to refer to non human animals when their gender is known or not known. In short, it wouldn't sound out of place to me(lay person) to use "she", but some thought must be given to the nature and purpose (scientific etc) in which the gender pronoun is necessary used. What do you think
Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 13, 2021
It's called idiot. tongue
Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by eme1n(m): 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hedgehogs and Porcupines are different animals...

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by obami007(m): 12:47am On Apr 14, 2021
airminem:
Technically you would be correct. In normal settings, it is perfectly normal and expected to use the pronouns he, she, her, and him to refer to non human animals when their gender is known or not known. In short, it wouldn't sound out of place to me(lay person) to use "she", but some thought must be given to the nature and purpose (scientific etc) in which the gender pronoun is necessary used. What do you think

When is it appropriate to use “it” ?
Re: What's The Name Of This Beautiful Creature? by airminem(f): 9:15am On Apr 14, 2021
obami007:

When is it appropriate to use “it” ?
Yes. "it" is appropriate since the gender is unknown wink

(1) (Reply)

10 Unbelievable Things You Can Do With Toothpaste / I Bet You ,nobody Knows The Name / How Best Can I Make Tiger Nut Or Almond Milk With Juicers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.