Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company (33649 Views)

How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? / France Sells Nigerian Artifacts Stolen By European Treasure Hunter / Emefiele Accuses Nigerian Business Moguls Of Using Illegal Markets (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by grandstar(m): 7:15pm On Apr 14, 2021
AsomughaChuks05:
You see large crowds at ShopRite stores and you think they are making sales not knowing that Nigerians are just going there to snap selfies for Facebook and Instagram cheesy

They are. making sales. The problem is the bad economy under Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by Mykellio: 7:33pm On Apr 14, 2021
ZendayaColeman:
Nothing remain for this country again.

Nairobi on my mind

Buzz me
Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by Mykellio: 7:40pm On Apr 14, 2021
Frontail:
.. Mumu talk ! Shoprite is exiting most of its west n east African Market ! You think is only Nigeria ?

Stop saying or posting what you ain't sure of.

With regards to Kenya. They met a stiffer competition.

NAIVAS Stores...

Certainly they'd underperform. They SHOPRITE couldn't stand the heat.

Kenya is not like Nigeria. Within 2km on Nairobi-Mombasa Road. There are 3 big malls:

1. NAIVAS Shell near Hilton hotel

2. Gateway Mall also has NAIVAS Stores

3. Signature Mall also with NAIVAS.

And people don't go in snapping pics like Ikeja City Mall, Novare Ajah, Palms Lekki.

There's real purchasing power.

Please get your facts straight.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 14, 2021
Mykellio:

Stop saying or posting what you ain't sure of.

With regards to Kenya. They met a stiffer competition.

NAIVAS Stores...

Certainly they'd underperform.

Kenya is not like Nigeria within 2km on Nairobi-Mombasa Road. There are 3 big malls:

1. NAIVAS Shell near Hilton hotel

2. Gateway Mall also has NAIVAS Stores

3. Signature Mall also with NAIVAS.

And people don't go in snapping pics like Ikeja City Mall, Novare Ajah, Palms Lekki.

There's real purchasing power.

Please get your facts straight.

... Go dig more facts ! cool

Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by Mykellio: 7:55pm On Apr 14, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by Mykellio: 8:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
grandstar:

They are. making sales. The problem is the bad economy under Buhari.

One of it is FOREX instability.

How do you explain having Ngn100m in your bank account which should be equivalent of Usd263,000 (Ngn380 = Usd1.00 official rate)?

You decide to change and forward to your domiciliary account. You are getting Usd260,000 thereabout (Ngn480+ = Usd1.00).

Which country in the world has multiple FX rates for one currency?

How do you expect a foreign investor to stay with such systemic discrepancies and inconsistencies

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by IjeBos(m): 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2021
Nigeria is too unstable politically. And that shooting at Lekki tollgate exasperated that. How can anyone seriously invest in a country where it's government can do something that monumentally stupid (especially in an area brimming with ex/re-pats and foreign investment).

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by grandstar(m): 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
Mykellio:

One of it is FOREX instability.

How do you explain having Ngn100m in your bank account which should be equivalent of Usd263,000 (Ngn380 = Usd1.00 official rate)?

You decide to change and forward to your domiciliary account. You are getting Usd260,000 thereabout (Ngn480+ = Usd1.00).

Which country in the world has multiple FX rates for one currency?

How do you expect a foreign investor to stay with such systemic discrepancies and inconsistencies

Well said. The exchange rate policy can drive one mad. One can't spend more than $100 a month on your Naira debit card. It's frustrating. You need a dollar card for that. Blunt tools to fight a depreciation. How can the price of crude oil be declining and you expect the Naira not to depreciate?

Give this man a 3 trailer loads of Guinness Stout.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by justtoodark: 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2021
mekuso89:
what did they do to you?

them dey craze....all of them....!!

away with them....!!
Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
Mykellio:

Please stop arguing blindly.

I'm not posting internet news.

I live here in Nairobi.

I'm a Nigerian.

Got fed up after Fulani attacked me last year in Kaduna state. December 2020.

Killed 4 of my farmers in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna state.

I run an agroallied company. I'm not an employee. I'm an employer of labor.

I also pulled out.

Keep posting what you don't know.
... No you are not only living in Nairobi Kenya ! Na you be Uhuru Kenyatta ! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by DrMuzungu(m): 1:18am On Apr 15, 2021
Shoprite sold good stuff, but the prices were HIGH. Take, for example, Abuja. You have SPAR at Ceddi plaza, you have grand square, Exclusive, Amigo, H-medic, then there is SAHAD... why would anyone feel sorry for the chain leaving? I can only feel bad for Nigerians working there and suffering, that is all.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by Cousin9999: 2:50am On Apr 15, 2021
They'll be replaced with something better.

[img]https://media./images/d5a7f63da7424b0e9637f6813ba61238/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by Mykellio: 5:06am On Apr 15, 2021
Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 15, 2021
Mykellio:

And this location looks like Nigeria? Mr. Oponu.

How else is it possible to screenshot a conversation of 5:06am Nigerian time when it is actually 7:10am where I am if I'm not 2hrs ahead by timezone?

Please find something meaningful to do with your life than posting crap and trolling on NL.

... Google map and many more appss you can start from point A to point B by setting a dummy Location without necessarily being in point A as displayed.

Shey you get time to dey answer me ba ? I have unlimited Data to help you Useless your time cool

Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by Mykellio: 9:21am On Apr 15, 2021
Frontail:
... Google map and many more appss you can start from point A to point B by setting a dummy Location without necessarily being in point A as displayed.

Shey you get time to dey answer me ba ? I have unlimited Data to help you Useless your time cool

Mr. @Frontail... I didn't set any point A to point anything.

I pinpointed a single location. Not a direction. There's a difference.

Now we can all see it merely boils down to having a cheap Android and daily bundle to spew thrash on intelligent threads.

Not a single iota or atom of intellectual effort.

No wonder you have over 900 meaningless posts/ comments and not one intelligent topic to your moniker.

Empty barrels really....

The mistake is mine. Good day.
Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by Kobicove(m): 9:41am On Apr 15, 2021
dlordy100:
can Dstv Gotv and mtn do same please?

You talk as if there is a strong local substitute that can replace them undecided
Re: Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 15, 2021
Mykellio:

Mr. @Frontail... I didn't set any point A to point anything.

I pinpointed a single location. Not a direction. There's a difference.

Now we can all see it merely boils down to having a cheap Android and daily bundle to spew thrash on intelligent threads.

Not a single iota or atom of intellectual effort.

No wonder you have over 900 meaningless posts/ comments and not one intelligent topic to your moniker.

Empty barrels really....

The mistake is mine. Good day.
.. No you now do mistake ! Make we continue ! Plenty AOKs wey dey do this kind locations decoys dey ! Na digital world wey dey now ! Just like how mugus dey send Fake Bank Credit Alert grin

Abeg make we continue dey drag ! I wan help you Useless your Precious Time and Money grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Offical Tells Nigerians To Deposit Old Notes In Their Banks (Video) / Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) / CBN formalises dollar sales to BDCs as naira improves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.