Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final (46876 Views)

Qatar’s 2022 World Cup ‘Vagina Stadium’ Finally Unveiled (Photos) / World’s Largest Stadium Set To Be Built In Iraq After Saudi King ‘lost A Bet’ / Chelsea's New Stadium, Set To Become Europe's Most Expensive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by WriterNig: 10:21am On Apr 16, 2021
selemempe:
the link you sent to me clearly showed that about 3.2 billion people watched the world cup worldwide while 3.5 billion watched the Olympics.

But let's even forget about the link. Common sense would tell you that simply because there are more sports played in Olympics, there would be more audience. People in India would want to watch Olympics more because they have never been to any recent world cup...that's a potential 1.4 billion audiences more for Olympics

Yes because it's a combination of every sport on earth including football, so what do you expect? But the World Cup is just one sport and it's more anticipated and prepared for. Look at qatar building new cities, shopping malls, airports, train stations just because of one event. They even installed cooling systems throughout the host cities.

Don't compare both please. Remove football from the Olympics and you'll have roughly just 1.2 billion viewers.
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Soso990240(m): 10:23am On Apr 16, 2021
Dalil8:
Beautiful.

But qatar is really hot. Wonder how the players would cope with that.

Qatar 2022. I'll be there live and direct.
Thats why the tournament was shifted to November/December
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Soso990240(m): 10:24am On Apr 16, 2021
Aflix:
Whoa....3bn dollars. That's a lot. Hopefully, they make it back during the world cup.
FIFA supports every country hosting the World Cup financially.
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Tcwork: 10:31am On Apr 16, 2021
PAWG:

Are your assumptions based on antecedents in Qatar or just wild guessing?

Hosting the World Cup isn’t entirely profit-driven just like having a national team and paying the players, the gains are deeper than short-term financial gains.

Qatar even without hosting the World Cup is a major tourist destination, you’ll be surprised that the stadiums and hotels would sell out long after the games are over. Wait till after the event before you judge.

I think FIFA also supports host nations monetarily but in all I believe they’ll be better for it
What I wrote is based on precedence. Brazil is a much bigger tourist location than Qatar yet the world cup in Brazil was a financial loss.
London is one of the most visited city's yet the London Olympics also cost more than the revenue.
After the even, the host is left with ghost cities. Are you implying that Qatar is doing something different than these other places?
Let's not forget Sochi Olympics that cost the Russians over $30 billion. Today, Sochi is a ghost town.
And finally, our own all African games in Abuja.
The beloved Abuja stadium has barely been used since then.

1 Like

Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 16, 2021
obembet:

And somebody that need money than all of us will still embezzle it
Who's that person? Meanwhile, nice boobs grin
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 16, 2021
harjay1986:

what do you mean I will throw you bottle .... I hate when people underrate my country... that project will cost my darling Nigeria, $9billion yet we no go complete am grin grin grin
grin
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Tcwork: 10:33am On Apr 16, 2021
Soso990240:
FIFA supports every country hosting the World Cup financially.
Not true... in fact it's mainly the other way round. The host country gives FIFA tax breaks. FIFA makes most of the money from broadcasting and even ticket sales.
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by selemempe: 10:37am On Apr 16, 2021
WriterNig:

Yes because it's a combination of every sport on earth including football, so what do you expect? But the World Cup is just one sport and it's more anticipated and prepared for. Look at qatar building new cities, shopping malls, airports, train stations just because of one event. They even installed cooling systems throughout the host cities.

Don't compare both please. Remove football from the Olympics and you'll have roughly just 1.2 billion viewers.
I actually live in Qatar and I'm in Qatar currently as I type this. Qatar isn't building just for the world cup. They have a vision 2030 which is basically about transforming Qatar into an international city.
They hope to host many events in the coming years and decades.
Currently they have won the rights to host Asian games in 2030. They host many grand Prix events. They host tennis opens, and they hope to host the Olympics.

Back to our initial argument. You have just echoed what I said earlier. Olympics is the biggest event on earth and the reason is obvious
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by ubox: 10:39am On Apr 16, 2021
Michaelfen:
Nigeria will use $12billion to construct this same stadium yet they wont complete it��‍♂️��‍♂️
When there's a will there's a way, check out Akwa Ibom stadium
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by abbeyfel: 10:40am On Apr 16, 2021
WriterNig:

Sure they will, the 2022 FIFA World Cup would generate as much as $10 billion in revenue for Qatar, with more than 4 billion viewers worldwide. They built new cities, malls, stadiums, rail stations, airports because of the world cup.

They've been preparing for it since 2010. It's a big honor for a country to be chosen to host the world cup. It's the largest event in history.
I disagree. The Olympics is the largest event in history if I may put it like that...
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by WriterNig: 10:43am On Apr 16, 2021
selemempe:
I actually live in Qatar and I'm in Qatar currently as I type this. Qatar isn't building just for the world cup. They have a vision 2030 which is basically about transforming Qatar into an international city.
They hope to host many events in the coming years and decades.
Currently they have won the rights to host Asian games in 2030. They host many grand Prix events. They host tennis opens, and they hope to host the Olympics.

Back to our initial argument. You have just echoed what I said earlier. Olympics is the biggest event on earth and the reason is obvious

I know about Qatar's 2030 plans, that's a different scenario entirely. But the ongoing project which includes stadium's, airports, new cities, rail stations are specifically for the world cup. And it began in 2010, the moment they won the rights to host the 2022 world cup.
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by selemempe: 11:10am On Apr 16, 2021
WriterNig:

I know about Qatar's 2030 plans, that's a different scenario entirely. But the ongoing project which includes stadium's, airports, new cities, rail stations are specifically for the world cup. And it began in 2010, the moment they won the rights to host the 2022 world cup.
no they are not specifically for the world cup. They are part of vision 2030 and they only have 9 years left to meet up on their schedule.

Please tell me what you know about their vision 2030 and why Lusail (the name of the new city) is specifically for the world cup
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Lionelbhass(m): 11:30am On Apr 16, 2021
Too bad the seats will be empty... Coro still dey
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by FlipModeSquade(m): 11:56am On Apr 16, 2021
Dalil8:

No stadium in Nigeria cost more than $500m.
Sh1t Stadiums you mean?
ALL stadiums are not created equal..
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Cmanforall: 12:09pm On Apr 16, 2021
Dalil8:
Beautiful.

But qatar is really hot. Wonder how the players would cope with that.

Qatar 2022. I'll be there live and direct.
It may favour African players...
And maybe the trophy will go to Africa
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by sayhi2eq: 12:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
MOBILE CRANE OPERATOR TRAINING (APRIL BATCH 2021).

Are you looking for a new career field? Why not consider becoming a heavy equipment operator? The pay is good, and the field is growing faster than ever. But most employers want experienced operators or entry-level operators who have completed formal training.

If you’re serious about your career, take charge from the beginning. Sign up for our training program that will provide you with invaluable skills to help you build for the future.

Mobile crane training is very important if you wish to become a certified crane operator. By training in a controlled environment, you can prepare yourself for the challenges you will face while working as a crane operator. Among other benefits, one of the most important ones is that while working as a crane operator, you will make a safe environment for yourself also for everyone else working at that site.

Enjoy up to N45k off for our 2nd Batch of Professional crane operator training starting April 19th, 2021.

All registered and interested trainees are notified that the theory session begins on Monday 19th, April 2021, at our Ajah office. Theory session continues Wednesday 21st, and Friday 23rd April 2021. 10am - 2pm.

Trainees will receive training manuals, writing pads, and timetable for the 8 weeks duration of the program on Monday 19th, April 2021.

Like our page on facebook for more updates and information, also join us Live from Monday 19th April for the Ongoing training,

https://www.facebook.com/events/507353640675866/

#TECNOSpark7P #offshore #binance #jobopportunity #heavyequipment #careerdevelopment #CAREEROPPORTUNITIES #canada #craneoperator #cranetraining #training #professional

Thank you for choosing Equilog training institute. #thinkskill #thinkequilog

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Netanya(f): 12:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Hey chinansa
You again , oh noooooo

1 Like

Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by tuna85: 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2021
zabuur:
Now, what i was hoping to read if where some anti Islam fanatics would come here and start calling Muslims names. Abusing Allah and Prophet.

Sure, they won't. They will be looking forward to going for the tournament and a lot of them won't let Dubai rest despite the fact that these nations are predominantly Muslims

Leave them, Let them continue looting members and building churches worth billions.
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Rajosh(m): 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
Dalil8:

No stadium in Nigeria cost more than $500m.
exactly.
The most expensive(I think) which is Godswill Akpabio stadium is said to have cost $96 million.
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by PAWG(m): 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2021
Tcwork:

What I wrote is based on precedence. Brazil is a much bigger tourist location than Qatar yet the world cup in Brazil was a financial loss.
London is one of the most visited city's yet the London Olympics also cost more than the revenue.
After the even, the host is left with ghost cities. Are you implying that Qatar is doing something different than these other places?
Let's not forget Sochi Olympics that cost the Russians over $30 billion. Today, Sochi is a ghost town.
And finally, our own all African games in Abuja.
The beloved Abuja stadium has barely been used since then.

Your points are carefully laid out and believable, are you a politician grin

In 2018 Brazil got about 6.5million visitors, Qatar got 15m in same period.

Asides that, I think the benefits go beyond monetary benefits
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Danger1000(m): 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2021
WriterNig:

Sure they will, the 2022 FIFA World Cup would generate as much as $10 billion in revenue for Qatar, with more than 4 billion viewers worldwide. They built new cities, malls, stadiums, rail stations, airports because of the world cup.

They've been preparing for it since 2010. It's a big honor for a country to be chosen to host the world cup. It's the largest event in history.

Nigeria my country when ���
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Cousin9999: 2:12pm On Apr 16, 2021
It's in Qatar? Not watching.
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by witworth(m): 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2021
Aflix:
Whoa....3bn dollars. That's a lot. Hopefully, they make it back during the world cup.
they're already making it even before the tournament and before it's full completion. These ones are in business about everything
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Tcwork: 2:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
PAWG:

Your points are carefully laid out and believable, are you a politician grin

In 2018 Brazil got about 6.5million visitors, Qatar got 15m in same period.

Asides that, I think the benefits go beyond monetary benefits
I have never really been a good politician..
Yeah you could argue for other benefits but definitely not money.
Again brazil has more tourist than qatar
approximately 2.1 million
Number of tourists to Qatar 2008-2019. This statistic represents the number of overnight tourists to Qatar from 2008 to 2019. According to the UN World Tourism Organization, the overnight tourist arrival to the country in the year 2019 accounted to approximately 2.1 million.Oct 2, 2020
https://www.statista.com › statistics
• Qatar: number of total tourists 2019 | Statista
6.589 million visitors
Tourism in Brazil is a growing sector and key to the economy of several regions of Brazil. The country had 6.589 million visitors in 2018, ranking in terms of the international tourist arrivals as the second main destination in South America after Argentina and third in Latin America after Mexico and Argentina.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Tourism in Brazil - Wikipedia
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by PAWG(m): 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2021
Tcwork:
I have never really been a good politician..
Yeah you could argue for other benefits but definitely not money.
Again brazil has more tourist than qatar
approximately 2.1 million
Number of tourists to Qatar 2008-2019. This statistic represents the number of overnight tourists to Qatar from 2008 to 2019. According to the UN World Tourism Organization, the overnight tourist arrival to the country in the year 2019 accounted to approximately 2.1 million.Oct 2, 2020
https://www.statista.com › statistics
• Qatar: number of total tourists 2019 | Statista
6.589 million visitors
Tourism in Brazil is a growing sector and key to the economy of several regions of Brazil. The country had 6.589 million visitors in 2018, ranking in terms of the international tourist arrivals as the second main destination in South America after Argentina and third in Latin America after Mexico and Argentina.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Tourism in Brazil - Wikipedia

Brazil can’t possibly beat this (screenshot from Wikipedia)

The figure in 2020 plummeted because of corona

The last column is visitor’s spending $21b in 2018

Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Mrlcredible: 4:41pm On Apr 16, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Hey chinansa
bloody womanizer.
tufiakwa. see as you dey follow women like flies.
them no even dey send you sef..
for someone claiming he's not residing in Nigeria.
keep deceiving yourself
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by lkillbrokehoes: 4:47pm On Apr 16, 2021
Netanya:
You again , oh noooooo
Where have you been chinansa I've been looking for you. grin
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by aadoiza: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2021
Where's the vanity crew when you need it.
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by thundafire: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
9jaRealist:

It was NOT...
The contract sum of $360m was REASONABLE for a stadium of its size and specifications.

Furthermore, unlike these sorts of stadiums, the Abuja National Stadium was NOT just a football stadium...
Rather, it had other facilities like the velodrome, indoor sports hall, Olympic-size swimming complex, hockey stadium, tennis complex, etc.

The ONLY problem with the Abuja Stadium has been MAINTENANCE (or a lack thereof) - that age-old Nigerian shortcoming.
>
check out the cost used to build the Korea own and compare to ours then u will know,how wicked our politician be
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by HELLASJ(m): 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
I'll be in Qatar on this day Dec. 18, 2022 to watch the World Cup from start till end by God's grace...
Re: Inside Qatar's $3 Billion Lusail Stadium Set To Host The 2022 World Cup Final by Tcwork: 6:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
PAWG:

Brazil can’t possibly beat this (screenshot from Wikipedia)

The figure in 2020 plummeted because of corona

The last column is visitor’s spending $21b in 2018
Bro I think you are making a little mistake here. You are mixing up Dubai (UAE) with Qatar.
It's very easy to mistake the two.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paul Pogba: 'I Hired A Marabout To Be Protected Against Injury, Not For Mbappe' / Mikel Obi’s Twin Daughters In Their Convertible / Franck Ribery And Arjen Robben In Tears At Final Game In Bayern Munich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.