Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Programming Is just Like Playing Football - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Is just Like Playing Football (13385 Views)

Pls Help!!...my Hours Of Programming Is Going To Waste / Programming Is Not Fun And To Make It Fun / Looks Like Programming Is Not My Way... Advise Me Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming Is just Like Playing Football by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 18, 2021
Almost everyone loves playing football from when they are young to being an adult but to become a professional footballer and be making money from playing football is a different ball game.

I have noticed that programming is just like playing football almost everyone is jumping into programming because of this natural love once someone finds out about programming.

Some say money is not their motive for programming that it is a passion, true if your parents a loaded. But for those who are looking at making ends meet by going into programming which requires finanial resourses and plenty of time, it will be good to research first and find out how many people are actually making money from programming. I have seen over 50 programmers chasing one small job on a freelance website.
If you intend to create the next popular platform then you need to research into how these platforms become very popular and are attracting plenty of users.

Programming is fun and very enticing even though it requires long hours but remember that making ends meet from programming does not just happen like magic and that people will always say to you come and learn programming but they will not show you a guaranteed way of making ends meet from it.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by WinterMinter(m): 9:10am On Apr 18, 2021
all what you typed here is the plain truth
i was observing if i should dive into programming,but i'm not yet loaded
and of course its my passion,but first of all i have to survive before going after passions
ThePlainTruth:
Almost everyone loves playing football from when they are young to being an adult but to become a professional footballer and be making money from playing football is a different ball game.

I have noticed that programming is just like playing football almost everyone is jumping into programming because of this natural love once someone finds out about programming.

Some say money is not their motive for programming that it is a passion, true if your parents a loaded. But for those who are looking at making ends meet by going into programming which requires finanial resourses and plenty of time, it will be good to research first and find out how many people are actually making money from programming. I have seen over 50 programmers chasing one small job on a freelance website.
If you intend to create the next popular platform then you need to research into how these platforms become very popular and are attracting plenty of users.

Programming is fun and very enticing even though it requires long hours but remember that making ends meet from programming does not just happen like magic and that people will always say to you come and learn programming but they will not show you a guaranteed way of making ends meet from it.

5 Likes

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by Jas80: 10:04am On Apr 18, 2021
WinterMinter:
all what you typed here is the plain truth
i was observing if i should dive into programming,but i'm not yet loaded
and of course its my passion,but first of all i have to survive before going after passions

Oga I disagree with you, programmers, or web development, which I think you are referring to here is very lucrative, you don't even have to be an expert b4 making money with them.

You guys should stop discouraging people who choose to go into this field.

Happy Sunday

37 Likes

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by bentwood85(m): 10:38pm On Apr 18, 2021
I agree with the OP. There are now programmers everywhere. Some business center train students on programming. Like Nigeria and India which are overpopulated nations, jobless citizens tend to learn programming in other to get a job in IT firms.

2 Likes

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by WinterMinter(m): 7:04pm On Apr 19, 2021
Alright can you teach me how to make money with thrm.
Jas80:

Oga I disagree with you, programmers, or web development, which I think you are referring to here is very lucrative, you don't even have to be an expert b4 making money with them.

You guys should stop discouraging people who choose to go into this field.

Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by WinterMinter(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
this is what i'm emphasising about,the iT markets is getting populated
bentwood85:
I agree with the OP. There are now programmers everywhere. Some business center train students on programming. Like Nigeria and India which are overpopulated nations, jobless citizens tend to learn programming in other to get a job in IT firms.
Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by Jas80: 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2021
WinterMinter:

Sorry, wasn't supposed to mention you, wanted to mention the op
Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by WinterMinter(m): 7:15pm On Apr 19, 2021
well the OP seems to be inactive so I'm preceding him
Jas80:

Sorry, wasn't supposed to mention you, wanted to mention the op
Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
WinterMinter:
this is what i'm emphasising about,the iT markets is getting populated

It's over populated already.

3 Likes

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 11:25pm On Apr 19, 2021
me too I experienced this becouse I see a very small jobs in freelancer.com with more than 50 peoples bidding on it

1 Like

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by Nobody: 3:24am On Apr 20, 2021
WinterMinter:

Very good question. It Is no good telling someone to come and learn a profession and you cannot teach the person how to make money from it. If it's to learn it for the fun of it then that's fine.
Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by spartan117(m): 1:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

It's over populated already.
Not for those with proven skills.

3 Likes

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
spartan117:

Not for those with proven skills.

And these proven skills takes years of work experience to acquire.

2 Likes

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by spartan117(m): 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

And this proven skills takes years of work experience to acquire.
It can be acquired in less than a year as was my case and that of so many other programmers on this platform.

4 Likes

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 20, 2021
spartan117:

It can be acquired in less than a year as was my case and that of so many other programmers on this platform.

Acquire proven skills in one year, that's a big joke! Yes Full Stack Developers are in demand, but you will need to know HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, React/Angular, at list one programming languaue and SQL for one database and now devops for source control and CICD, to acquire proven skills in these areas takes years with work experience.

15 Likes

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

Acquire proven skills in one year, that's a big joke! Yes Full Stack Developers are in demand, but you will need to know HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, React/Angular, at list one programming languaue and SQL for one database and now devops for source control and CICD, to acquire proven skills in these areas takes years with work experience.
It takes years to become a proper full stack developer but you can become emoloyable in less than a year with seriousness. So many people underrate the time it takes to learn to code. Take ten people who want to learn coding or have started learning coding go back and you will see maybe just one or two made it to the level of being employable. There's so many parts that are way more sexy and fulfilling than even being a full stack developer sef.

9 Likes

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by spartan117(m): 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

It can, and has been done. You won't be an expert but you will be able to display a high level of competence and pick up new things fast if you choose a stack and dedicate yourself to it for a year.

1 Like

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by spartan117(m): 5:04pm On Apr 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

It takes years to become a proper full stack developer but you can become emoloyable in less than a year with seriousness. So many people underrate the time it takes to learn to code. Take ten people who want to learn coding or have started learning coding go back and you will see maybe just one or two made it to the level of being employable. There's so many parts that are way more sexy and fulfilling than even being a full stack developer sef.
Very true
Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
spartan117:

It can, and has been done. You won't be an expert but you will be able to display a high level of competence and pick up new things fast if you choose a stack and dedicate yourself to it for a year.

That was the purpose of this topic, tell us what it takes to get a junior role in programming, how do you go about getting one to help those that wants to learn or are already learning programming.
Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

That was the purpose of this topic, tell us what it takes to get a junior role in programming, how do you go about getting one to help those that wants to learn or are already learning programming.
What I will advise beginners is to learn platforms first especially with regards to web development. Find a platform and master everything about that platform. There's so much work in this platforms compared to general web development which most people are eyeing. Things like Magento, Shopify, servicenow, WordPress. Deep development within these platforms pay very well.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by brandable: 7:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

What I will advise beginners is to learn platforms first especially with regards to web development. Find a platform and master everything about that platform. There's so much work in this platforms compared to general web development which most people are eyeing. Things like Magento, Shopify, servicenow, WordPress. Deep development within these platforms pay very well.

Please can you talk more on this platform development.Like the various types and requirements.

Tried googling various platform programming but not getting anything useful.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
brandable:

Please can you talk more on this platform development.Like the various types and requirements.

Tried googling various platform programming but not getting anything useful.

Thank you.

If you want to do shopify development google how to be a shopify developer and follow the steps. For wordpress head to wordpress codex, for salesforce enter trailhead. For magento, head to adobe. They all have their learning paths but your web development knowledge must be grounded.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

I have attached an image for a magento project and there are 56 people chasing it right now. Even developers with many years experience are struggling to get jobs how much more those who are still new in programming. The truth for those new to programming who are not loaded is to be careful and don't just jump into programming without first making sure they can make money from programming.

3 Likes

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:01am On Apr 21, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

I have attached an image for a magento project and there are 56 people chasing it right now. Even developers with many years experience are struggling to get jobs how much more those who are still new in programming. The truth for those new to programming who are not loaded is to be careful and don't just jump into programming without first making sure they can make money from programming.
Bros forget that job post. Most of the people who are even bidding do not know anything about Magento. They just feel it's drag and drop and should be easy like WordPress. Besides web flow is even drag and drop. Go and Upwork and tell me how many Magento developer jobs have more than ten applicants. You can even go on LinkedIn and show the same thing to me. Magento is very complex. Besides many Magento jobs asks for developers to be Magento certified which is a kind of hard exam to pass. How many people have that? It's not as common as you think. Even when I first started job hunting I used to apply to things like oodle developer jobs without knowing how or what they do.

Programming isn't heaven and earth but it's honestly Better than the alternatives. Try looking for job as a mechanical engineer or any form of Engineering. Try looking for job as a teacher. In this Lagos, the max salary Is 50k which is even on the high end. That 50k is rejected by many programmers even guys just starting. How much do doctors even earn in this Lagos. Lasuth pays residents 200k. Consultant can start at 500k but a programmer can be making that 500k six, seven months into their learning o. Lawyers nko that earn max of 25000 in Lagos. Programming isn't heaven and earth o but when you compare it to the alternatives present, you will thank God.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Programming isn't heaven and earth but it's honestly Better than the alternatives. Try looking for job as a mechanical engineer or any form of Engineering. Try looking for job as a teacher. In this Lagos, the max salary Is 50k which is even on the high end. That 50k is rejected by many programmers even guys just starting. How much do doctors even earn in this Lagos. Lasuth pays residents 200k. Consultant can start at 500k but a programmer can be making that 500k six, seven months into their learning o. Lawyers nko that earn max of 25000 in Lagos. Programming isn't heaven and earth o but when you compare it to the alternatives present, you will thank God.

True programming pays well but the competition is fierce as there is no barrier to entry and for a beginner trying to get a foot in is no joke. Those with a degree in computer science or software engineering do stand a better chance.

1 Like

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:23pm On Apr 21, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

True programming pays well but the competition is fearse as there is no barier entry.
There's no competition provided you do things the right way. I have listed the things people should enter. Magento has just two certified developers in Nigeria. One of them used to be on nairaland sef but he now works for one of the biggest E commerce firms in the middle East. There's a lot of niches that aren't saturated at all at all. People should do their research and enter one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

There's no competition provided you do things the right way. I have listed the things people should enter. Magento has just two certified developers in Nigeria. One of them used to be on nairaland sef but he now works for one of the biggest E commerce firms in the middle East. There's a lot of niches that aren't saturated at all at all. People should do their research and enter one.

Thanks it's very nice of you to have shared this info, this will give a heads up for newbies trying to get into programming and even those who are about to give up.

1 Like

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by elunico: 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Learning magneto is not easy sha. You have to pay big bucks to study for their exams which is by no means easy. Once one can cross these hurdles, the story get sweet from then on.
Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:07pm On Apr 22, 2021
elunico:

Learning magneto is not easy sha. You have to pay big bucks to study for their exams which is by no means easy. Once one can cross these hurdles, the story get sweet from then on.
It's not easy. It's why I advise WordPress or Shopify first because those ones are easy and their jobs usually don't require any certifications. Once you are on the job you can start learning things like salesforce, sap, Magento, servicenow et al because those ones can take another year and then you have to write exams to certify yourself and these exams ain't cheap. They go for thousands of dollars.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by elunico: 2:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
It's not easy. It's why I advise WordPress or Shopify first because those ones are easy and their jobs usually don't require any certifications. Once you are on the job you can start learning things like salesforce, sap, Magento, servicenow et al because those ones can take another year and then you have to write exams to certify yourself and these exams ain't cheap. They go for thousands of dollars.

True!
I'm leaning towards same direction. Magneto for me 2 years from now.
Re: Programming Is just Like Playing Football by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

But again I feel that for anyone to be a good Magento certified developer then that person must have a solid grounding in computer science or software engineering. I will do some research into their syllabus to find out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wht Is CSS Very Complicating...!!!!!!!!!! / 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer / Can I Learn Programming With My Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.