Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,515 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize (15899 Views)

Dmgs Onitsha Wins Nilds Quiz Competition. / N5000 For Sex With Students Of FGGC Langtang Plateau: Security Guards Connection / Students Of Covenant Polytechnic Aba Celebrate Their Graduation (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by AmericanQuarter: 11:22am On Apr 18, 2021
Students of Queen of Rosary College Onitsha Emerge Winners Of University of Delaware's Global Prize Award

Seven students from Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha have defeated over five thousand other teams from around the world to win the Global Prize Award at the just concluded Diamond Challenge Global Summit.

The students led by their mentors pitched their project, an app they called "Queens Foris Labs" which is a virtual learning space that allows students to conduct science experiments and understand science concepts better.

The seven students: Chisom Iwuno, Amara Okechukwu, Chidimma Okoye, Mmesoma Nnaji, Sandra Mgbafulu Stephanie Anozie, and Chinyere Iheator were led by their mentors, John Onuigbo and Kyrian Obikwelu.

The team won a $1500 cash prize including other prizes, further mentorship for the students among other opportunities.

Dyslexia Genius, a China-USA team came second.

The announcement was made yesterday at the Diamond challenge awards' ceremony which culminated the weeklong Diamond Challenge Global Summit from 11th to 16th of April 2021 and had various national teams battling it out on the global stage while also receiving entrepreneurship trainings from renowned entrepreneurs.

The Summit which was supposed to have been hosted by the University of Delaware held virtually because of the Covid-19 travel restrictions.

The Challenge was established in 2012 by the University of Delaware to identify entrepreneurially talented high school students and teams with project ideas globally on issues that affect their generation.

The Global Prize awards powered by Horn Entrepreneurship recognizes the top global teams that demonstrate entrepreneurship excellence and embody the true spirit of the Diamond Challenge.

Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha had on March 11, 2021 at Senator Albert Bassey Hall, Uyo came first place, beating 9 other teams from various states in Nigeria at the National competition qualified to represent Nigeria in the Global semifinals.

It is important to note that this same team were the National champions of the Beyond School Community Challenge 2020 sponsored by the US Embassy and organized by the Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumni Association Nigeria, MWFAAN.

https://www.facebook.com/200902653400035/posts/1937148336442116/

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by athaboi(f): 11:24am On Apr 18, 2021
All mission schools should be returned to their owners with immediate effect! Nothing good will ever come out of government managed institutions bcoz of greed, corruption and nepotism. I was in a federal government college the other and I saw a decaying site... Just check out schools managed by the church and you will see some level of improvement

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by MickzyDonald: 11:26am On Apr 18, 2021
Wow. big congratulations to you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by SmartProf(m): 11:32am On Apr 18, 2021
Mentor them rightly, and see them become global heavy weights in science and technology. Congrats to these bright minds & the institution that raised these champions.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by Ezinwa120: 11:41am On Apr 18, 2021
Congrats to the bright minds

12 Likes

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by EasternActivist: 11:48am On Apr 18, 2021
Beautiful smiley

9 Likes

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by ADIPONECTIN: 11:55am On Apr 18, 2021
Ave maria!

44 Likes

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by Stephenndidi85: 11:56am On Apr 18, 2021
Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by saphiere(f): 11:57am On Apr 18, 2021
And a look among the winners and found no male among them. Then ask I the angels, saying; "Where art thy males who think they are all in all?"
An angel said to me, "Woman! Consider thy self lucky. For thou art woman. For behold, the FUTURE is FEMALE

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by RedAlert08(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2021
Igbos: a blessed people.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by buymyride: 11:59am On Apr 18, 2021
Igbo Esika
Igbo Amaka
Anambra Erika

grin grin grin grin

Ya fiotuba cool

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by calcal: 11:59am On Apr 18, 2021
congratulation

1 Like

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by nameo: 11:59am On Apr 18, 2021
Congratulations to the young ladies and their teachers.

Great news.

By the way, i dont wanna hear: anything amaka.

You have been warned cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by Observinho: 11:59am On Apr 18, 2021
Wow...kudos to them girls....Nigeria's got talents. We just need a stable government.

1 Like

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by imaxdocuments: 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2021
Anambra amaka

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by Firstorderwizard(m): 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2021
Can this type of news emerge from the north after decades of producing Nigerian Presidents and Heads of state??

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by Bluntemperor: 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2021
athaboi:
All mission schools should be returned to their owners with immediate effect! Nothing good will ever come out of government managed institutions bcoz of greed, corruption and nepotism. I was in a federal government college the other and I saw a decaying site... Just check out schools managed by the church and you will see some level of improvement

You just hit the nail on the head, Ma'am!
How can a govt who never invested in something wants to reap! Imagine the govt that could not provide portable water for her Citizens now wants to manage Schools!
Congratulations to those amazing damsels for doing Nigeria proud on a Global stage.Kudos to them.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by greatiyk4u(m): 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2021
Imagine the exploit amidst marginalisation....

You can easily guess the result in freedom from the backward nation of forceful unity.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by Laslaslala: 12:05pm On Apr 18, 2021
These are the kind of stories we want to be hearing enough of bad news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by EasternActivist: 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2021
saphiere:
And a look among the winners and found no male among them. Then ask I the angels, saying; "Where art thy males who think they are all in all?"
An angel said to me, "Woman! Consider thy self lucky. For thou art woman. For behold, the FUTURE is FEMALE

Your comment is just disgusting and pathetic.

QRC is a girl's school.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by Dpharisee: 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
Na their children again as usual, I mean Umuchineke grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by Roseey0(f): 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
Nice one girls
QRC always representing since 1900
keep it up

12 Likes

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by PrinxArthur1(m): 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
Una don pursue Zzor comot 4 Nairaland the "Future is She-male my foot"
Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by naijadrivablog: 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
Umu OTU to the world!

15 Likes

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by dvdwed(m): 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
Nothing can ever come out of government run schools. Nothing but quota system and institutioned nepotism will come out of it.

7 Likes

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by dvdwed(m): 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
Nothing can ever come out of government run schools. Nothing but quota system and institutioned nepotism will come out of it.

Return all schools to mission, government could support with grants as it is done in tertiary institutions. Amen.

8 Likes

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by Omoslim26: 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
grin Igbo bu ndu Igbo Amaka ��

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by Chikarata2020(m): 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
saphiere:
I thought they said u are in school and had left nairaland, if it where only guys that won those prize u won't see any man pointing out females on that. Hope education purge ur sense

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
Meanwhile idiots in other lands are looking for Sharia.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
EasternActivist:

You're comment is just disgusting and pathetic.

QRC is a girl's school.

I weak pass weakness when i saw that her comment honestly. But, please forgive her, she's sick because if not, she for know sey Queen Of Rosary College Onitsha is a girl's school.

7 Likes

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by MadamExcellency: 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
EasternActivist:

You're comment is just disgusting and pathetic.

QRC is a girl's school.

Please, allow my ladies to rejoice and celebrate our rising profile and achievements to surpass you guys. If they were prostitutes, we are the ones to bear the brunts.

We are Eastern Ladies, we are Igbos

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Students Of QRC Onitsha Wins University Of Delaware Global Prize by Balkan(m): 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
Igbo esika

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt / UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence / Lagos State Polytechnic, Isolo Part Time Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.