Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,805 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Nollywood Is The Next Big Thing In World Cinema - Forbes Magazine - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Is The Next Big Thing In World Cinema - Forbes Magazine (1387 Views)

Forbes Magazine Launches TV In Africa As Peace Hyde Hosts "My Worst Day" / Zuriel Oduwole Is The Youngest To Be Interviewed By Forbes Magazine / Nollywood Is Dead - Emeka Ike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Is The Next Big Thing In World Cinema - Forbes Magazine by chigo4u: 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2011
Top American and world wealth magazine forbes, suggest nollywood is the next biggest thing in world cinema.

Read here: http://blogs.forbes.com/mfonobongnsehe/2011/04/19/hollywood-meet-nollywood/
Re: Nollywood Is The Next Big Thing In World Cinema - Forbes Magazine by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2011
Not surprised at all cool
Re: Nollywood Is The Next Big Thing In World Cinema - Forbes Magazine by dichana: 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2011
I read this article and i was so proud about it and nollywood.right now the movies coming out of hollywood this days is just terrible nothing exciting. the world needs to know and understand african cinema it will be something new and refreshing to the hollywood public and hollywood cinemas.Time for change and am glad nollywood is that change.
Re: Nollywood Is The Next Big Thing In World Cinema - Forbes Magazine by THEAMAKA(f): 11:39pm On Apr 20, 2011
and Genny must lead the pack grin grin grin
I'm still surprised that none of the American music labels sewed some of the Nigerian movie producers for copyright violation. i remember from 2000-2005 there was always one Celine Dion, Usher, or a Marc Anthony song. lol.
im glad that we have now ditched that tacky mess and patronize our own artists. but I'm surprised Nollywood was never sewed for millions of dollars.

but @ topic
SOOOOOOOO GLAD! NOLLYWOOD IS MOVING UP!
im sick and tired of Nollywood bashers. don't worry, when Nollywood gets to that international world-acclaimed status, those noise-makers shall surely change their tune.

UP NOLLYWOOD.
Re: Nollywood Is The Next Big Thing In World Cinema - Forbes Magazine by omar22(m): 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2011
Its not about Nollywood bashing! But more effort to improve on their acting, directing and production of movies, that's all it needs! look at the Music industry, it stands almost toe to toe with what comes out of US or UK! I have seen some Nollywood movies that has great story lines but the acting or final production was a let down. And I have some that they got the story from either Hollywood or Bollywood but also made a total mockery of the final production,
Re: Nollywood Is The Next Big Thing In World Cinema - Forbes Magazine by cruiser: 3:43pm On Apr 22, 2011
really wonderful and inspiring write up, grin I trust Omotola who is already leading seriously to give us things to really be proud of, yah! Hollywood coming to get the real ones!!! whuf! grin grin grin
Re: Nollywood Is The Next Big Thing In World Cinema - Forbes Magazine by Dsense(m): 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2011
Who cares undecided undecided
Re: Nollywood Is The Next Big Thing In World Cinema - Forbes Magazine by THEAMAKA(f): 12:05am On Apr 23, 2011
D-sense:

Who cares undecided undecided
ME! grin cheesy
Re: Nollywood Is The Next Big Thing In World Cinema - Forbes Magazine by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 23, 2011
The article was written by a nigerian blogger on forbes.

My opinion of nollywood remains the same, but kudos to the industry's loyal supporters

they couldnt have done it without you.
Re: Nollywood Is The Next Big Thing In World Cinema - Forbes Magazine by 9ja4eva: 3:41pm On Apr 23, 2011
Lovely.

God bless Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Video: Singer Dencia Auditions For 'just Suck It' / Photos: Beyonce In Show-stopping Half Time Super Bowl Performance / 2face And Ani Going Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.