Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans (17486 Views)

Real Madrid Leads Early Power Rankings Of The European Super League / How The New European Super League Will Work / UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Nemere2020: 12:41am On Apr 19, 2021
Earlier thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/6512527/uefa-releases-statement-breakaway-european#100907773

FIFA have released a statement after the announcement of the Super League formation, expressing its ‘disapproval’, but also urging ‘calm, constructive and balanced dialogue for the good of the game.’

The 12 breakaway clubs - Milan, Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur – released a joint statement announcing the formation of the European Super League.

While UEFA have been damning in their reaction, threatening sanctions and lawsuits against the clubs involved, FIFA are trying to be more of a peacemaker.

“In view of several media requests and as already stated several times, FIFA wishes to clarify that it stands firm in favour of solidarity in football and an equitable redistribution model which can help develop football as a sport, particularly at global level, since the development of global football is the primary mission of FIFA,” read their statement.

“In our view, and in accordance with out statutes, any football competition, whether national, regional or global, should always reflect the core principles of solidarity, inclusivity, integrity and equitable financial redistribution. Moreover, the governing bodies of football should employ all lawful, sporting and diplomatic means to ensure this remains the case. Against this background, FIFA can only express its disapproval to a “closed European breakaway league” outside of the international football structures and not respecting the aforementioned principles.

“FIFA always stands for unity in world football and calls on all parties involved in heated discussions to engage in calm, constructive and balanced dialogue for the good of the game and in the spirit of solidarity and fair play. FIFA will, of course, do whatever is necessary to contribute to a harmonised way forward in the overall interests of football.”
https://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-italia.net%2F169374%2Ffifa-statement-urges-super-league-calm#article/footballitalia-169374

1 Share

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by reccy(m): 1:39am On Apr 19, 2021
This is getting real and interesting.....

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by punisha: 4:50am On Apr 19, 2021
Goood
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Codezz: 4:53am On Apr 19, 2021
Good one. I never liked the idea.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by uncleck: 4:54am On Apr 19, 2021
I don't see FIFA taking drastic action considering the caliber of clubs involved. In the long run there will be legal battles and embargo here and there but I feel this league has come to stay

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Bossil(m): 4:55am On Apr 19, 2021
While UEFA have been damning in their reaction, threatening sanctions and lawsuits against the clubs involved, FIFA are trying to be more of a peacemaker.

These clubs would have anticipated all forms of resistance.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Nobody: 4:55am On Apr 19, 2021
Change is always scary at first. This new league will bring something new which sounds good

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Tomoyayi(m): 4:55am On Apr 19, 2021
Even Arsenal and Tottenham dey among grin

15 Likes

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by KingRhodes1(m): 4:57am On Apr 19, 2021
Ok.
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by kingzjay(m): 4:57am On Apr 19, 2021
FIFA are so afraid of loosing relevance.... The super league will be so huge both financially and in terms of viewership.

I'm sure the clubs will resist FIFA

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by NextPresido: 4:57am On Apr 19, 2021
I blame Buhari

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by MoDaniel(m): 4:58am On Apr 19, 2021
I don't think it's entirely a bad decision, so far it's an opportunity for Arsenal to play in the Champions league.

wink

17 Likes

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Sunnycliff(m): 5:00am On Apr 19, 2021
Can FIFA really stop this big teams forming this super league?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by SoBright101: 5:02am On Apr 19, 2021
I guess the major leagues perceived corruption by UEFA or what could be the reason for breaking away?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by potent5(m): 5:04am On Apr 19, 2021
The battle line has been drawn between the big clubs and FIFA.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Randy100: 5:09am On Apr 19, 2021
Without the big club, champions league is useless. You don't expect me to start watching champions league match between spartak Moscow and west ham. Never

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Ckonnet: 5:11am On Apr 19, 2021
UEFA and fifa are cashing out big time and the clubs are no longer comfortable with that.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Gmades3: 5:12am On Apr 19, 2021
Okay

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Gorillabrain: 5:12am On Apr 19, 2021
Instead to say richest club foothball union.. Wahala for club wey kno get money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by bewla(m): 5:23am On Apr 19, 2021
g
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Horllamideh(m): 5:28am On Apr 19, 2021
FIFA and UEFA are afraid of losing their relevance. I see both bowing to pressure and accepting previous demands by the elite clubs.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by patoballistic: 5:29am On Apr 19, 2021
With the calibre of clubs involved, I fear UEFA Champions League will be forgotten in no time.

Secondly, UEFA should look at what they are not doing well that cause this proposed breakaway.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by helinues: 5:32am On Apr 19, 2021
What's the Super League for exactly

League, domestic cup, Champions League/Europa they still want to add Super League..

When would players , coaches have time for themselves and family

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by tishbite41(m): 5:33am On Apr 19, 2021
Na wa o
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by GeneralPula: 5:34am On Apr 19, 2021
Ckonnet:
UEFA and fifa are cashing out big time and the clubs are no longer comfortable with that.

And they won’t be cashing out on them in this new league they want to form?

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Alejobs: 5:35am On Apr 19, 2021
Arsenal
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by SniperSmurf(m): 5:39am On Apr 19, 2021
Arsenal angry
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Reference(m): 5:40am On Apr 19, 2021
helinues:
What's the Super League for exactly

League, domestic cup, Champions League/Europa they still want to add Super League..

When would players , coaches have time for themselves and family

On the flip side expect to see players earning 1 million, 2 million, 3 million dollars per week. Expect to see more career soccer billionaires. What majes them different from other entertainers who sacrifice all to make it.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by egemgeo(m): 5:43am On Apr 19, 2021
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by helinues: 5:44am On Apr 19, 2021
Reference:

On the flip side expect to see players earning 1 million, 2 million, 3 million dollars per week. Expect to see more career soccer billionaires. What majes them different from other entertainers who sacrifice all to make it.

Are you saying because of money they shouldn't have time for themselves? How much is footballers earning, how much is basketballers earning.

How many competitions do Baskballers play per season compared to footballers

6 Likes

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Nobody: 5:45am On Apr 19, 2021
I think Fifa is right on this one. The implications of super league is that if it over shadows other tournaments some set people will never be discovered.

With the current arrangement talents from lower tier clubs are discovered and harness to play in the big league.

Making exclusive for the big league only will suppress alot of upcoming talents.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) ON 26th December 2013 / Liverpool Vs Napoli UCL (2 - 0) On 1st November 2022 / Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.