Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) - TV/Movies (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) (59384 Views)

BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ALEXAPLAYME: 8:12am On Jul 18, 2021
Like I said before, Naomi Mac and Esther are the main reason I watch that trash show and they never disappoints as usual. Just look at how naomi performed the Brenda fassie song and how Esther performed Beyonce love on top song. It was perfect coolI hope one of them wins the competition(Esther especially)..

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 10:23am On Jul 18, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Esther is the voice. The young girl is blessed from heaven and does not need to force it .

Nigerian Idol tried to be all around and I respect them for that still. I see the voice allowing Kpee to keep doing Afro pop week in and week out, and I wonder if they are really doing a competition, when people can sing different genre on the same week?

The voice may have the singers, but the idols embodies the fairness and change we want to see as a Nation. IMHO Jerusalem's performance by the Nigerian idol contestant proved they were no push over.

Overall I agree with you. The voice have a long list of awesome vocalists like Dapo, Kitay, Naomi, but Esther trumps them all.

Thanks for mentioning me

You have a point in that Idols tries to emphasize versatility more than Voice. But you also need to understand that the Voice by design is more focused on vocal prowess than all round performance ability. And I think KP took on a regular song some weeks ago which required vocal dexterity and I think he delivered on it.

And it's obvious Esther is out of their league. She is probably the vocally strongest contestant ever in the voice Nigeria history. But previous contestants like Cornel, Joe blue, Vicky, Chike can give her a good battle vocally beyond any of her current competitors.

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 10:24am On Jul 18, 2021
ALEXAPLAYME:
Like I said before, Naomi Mac and Esther are the main reason I watch that trash show and they never disappoints as usual. Just look at how naomi performed the Brenda fassie song and how Esther performed Beyonce love on top song. It was perfect coolI hope one of them wins the competition(Esther especially)..

What makes Voice 9ja a trash show?
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:47am On Jul 18, 2021
ThierryJay:

You have a point in that Idols tries to emphasize versatility more than Voice. But you also need to understand that the Voice by design is more focused on vocal prowess than all round performance ability. And I think KP took on a regular song some weeks ago which required vocal dexterity and I think he delivered on it.

And it's obvious Esther is out of their league. She is probably the vocally strongest contestant ever in the voice Nigeria history. But previous contestants like Cornel, Joe blue, Vicky, Chike can give her a good battle vocally beyond any of her current competitors.

Nothing like vocal ability in Kpee. The chap is confident and has the swag and move. The generation Z will bang along with him because that's the sound they are used to. I see him going quite far, but he is no the voice material by global standard.

2 Likes

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 11:11am On Jul 18, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Nothing like vocal ability in Kpee. The chap is confident and has the swag and move. The generation Z will bang along with him because that's the sound they are used to. I see him going quite far, but he is no the voice material by global standard.

True that KP's voice is just okay but nothing special. His charisma is what's working for him. But I have to admit his rendition of the 9ja songs is quite very good and in some instances actually sounds better than their recorded version.

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:14am On Jul 18, 2021
ThierryJay:

True that KP's voice is just okay but nothing special. His charisma is what's working for him. But I have to admit his rendition of the 9ja songs is quite very good and in some instances actually sounds better than their recorded version.

True bro. If Naija was a fair country, I see him as the potential next Dovido's, WizKid, etc. Let's see how it plays out. Also you guys did not open an official thread for the voice naija

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

True bro. If Naija was a fair country, I see him as the potential next Dovido's, WizKid, etc. Let's see how it plays out. Also you guys did not open an official thread for the voice naija

Lol, you re right and I think even Dare has seen his potential which is why he said he wants to personally invest in KP after the show. The truth is while we may be waxing lyrical and all that about Esther and Naomi Mac, it is KP that is likely the most marketable and most likely to succeed in the current Nigerian music industry. This is what Dare saw. I mean KP sings Rema's songs live better than Rema's studio version!

About opening a thread, I think because both voice and Idols were running concurrently, a single thread served both purposes. But I also thought that voice should have a separate thread after Idols ended last week. You can open one na.
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by toluxe0075: 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
ThierryJay:
The Voice contestants have really stepped up their game since last week's episode. That Esther girl is the bomb. Her performance of Lloren Aldred's "Never enough" ranks as one of the all time greatest live performances on audition shows. Frankly, only kingdom can operate at the level of all current top 6 voice contestants.

Cc: Infolenka sgtponzihater1 Alexaplayme toluxe0075 Nnekaike
For me, the voice Nigeria did not really test it's contestants. Like Sgtponzihater had rightly noted, the voice Nigeria did not really care about the contestants versatility, and because of that each contestants has been sticking to the genre they are good of at. Kpee has been singing Afro pop right from the beginning of the show while other vocalists like Naomi Mac, Esther, and Eassie have stuck to songs that best show their vocal power. It would have been fun to see what they can do outside of their comfort zone like Nigeria Idol did by giving all contestants songs in a specific genre to sing as against choosing any song from any genre.

Yes, they tried to check out for their range during the pairing/duel episode but many ended up getting songs within their comfort zones which turned out to hurt many other good singers. And another thing I feel is unfair about the this show is the fact that Kitay and Naomi Mac are contesting. These guys already have fan base from previous talent shows, and it's certain they may make it to the finals with little effort. Anyway, for me, Esther has been the voice Nigeria this year.

4 Likes

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
toluxe0075:

For me, the voice Nigeria did not really test it's contestants. Like Sgtponzihater had rightly noted, the voice Nigeria did not really care about the contestants versatility, and because of that each contestants has been sticking to the genre they are good of at. Kpee has been singing Afro pop right from the beginning of the show while other vocalists like Naomi Mac, Esther, and Eassie have stuck to songs that best show their vocal power. It would have been fun to see what they can do outside of their comfort zone like Nigeria Idol did by giving all contestants songs in a specific genre to sing as against choosing any song from any genre.

Yes, they tried to check out for their range during the pairing/duel episode but many ended up getting songs within their comfort zones which turned out to hurt many other good singers. And another thing I feel is unfair about the this show is the fact that Kitay and Naomi Mac are contesting. These guys already have fan base from previous talent shows, and it's certain they may make it to the finals with little effort. Anyway, for me, Esther has been the voice Nigeria this year.

100%
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sheylarhh(m): 9:26am On Jul 20, 2021
rainluv:
Well,I don't know what you people watched Sha

The best for me was
Esther
Naomi Mac
Eazzie
Kpee

Kitay was just screaming unnecessarily
Ini would have delivered more than Nuel Ayo
That key was too high now
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ALEXAPLAYME: 9:49am On Jul 20, 2021
toluxe0075:

For me, the voice Nigeria did not really test it's contestants. Like Sgtponzihater had rightly noted, the voice Nigeria did not really care about the contestants versatility, and because of that each contestants has been sticking to the genre they are good of at Kpee has been singing Afro pop right from the beginning of the show while other vocalists like Naomi Mac, Esther, and Eassie have stuck to songs that best show their vocal power. It would have been fun to see what they can do outside of their comfort zone like Nigeria Idol did by giving all contestants songs in a specific genre to sing as against choosing any song from any genre.

Yes, they tried to check out for their range during the pairing/duel episode but many ended up getting songs within their comfort zones which turned out to hurt many other good singers. And another thing I feel is unfair about the this show is the fact that Kitay and Naomi Mac are contesting. These guys already have fan base from previous talent shows, and it's certain they may make it to the finals with little effort. Anyway, for me, [
Esther has been the voice Nigeria this year
You're right
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 10:15am On Jul 20, 2021
sheylarhh:

That key was too high now

Yeah you re right. Kitay did not use the right key to start the Ada Ada song. But he corrected this in his subsequent performance which was a brilliant one. Kitay has very strong vocals.
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
I will forever respect Nigerian idols over the sham called the voice. No one can tell me that those judges are not obviously biased against other contestants. People like Dapo are still there on a very thin string that can cut off. Eazie will keep having it easy because Waje na her person, Naomi Mac and Falz's Bais is clear even for the blind to see Kitay has gotten Yemi Alade spell bound already, he can do no wrong obviously. Shameful stuff but we move.......

Kind regards to Nigerian Idols for trying to be as fair enough as possible

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by Eeghe(f): 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2021
Oluwapomile1:

I smiled when I saw deal wirrit.

Came to check up on you. Been ages! How are you sisturrrr

My darling friend kiss
How are you?
It’s time to play again, whoop whoop!!!
Hope you are watching

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ALEXAPLAYME: 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2021
Wtf Naomi shocked
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ALEXAPLAYME: 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2021
So Nigerians prefer kpee over Naomi.
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ALEXAPLAYME: 10:14pm On Jul 24, 2021
This rubbish na angry
all these Gen z kids self
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ALEXAPLAYME: 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2021
Eazzie and kpee made it to the top3 na wa o. angry See why hate this show

Cc sgtponzihater1

Let's Esther just win this please
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ALEXAPLAYME: 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2021
Yesssssss Esther cheesy grin. Is the voice winner..
Well deserved

2 Likes

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:53pm On Jul 24, 2021
ALEXAPLAYME:
Eazzie and kpee made it to the top3 na wa o. angry See why hate this show

Cc sgtponzihater1

Let's Esther just win this please

The show is a sham, and we all know this. At least Esther won, this probably softens things out for them. Why are they giving 10M cash prize, I thought it was more, or am I wrong?

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by nnekaike(f): 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2021
ALEXAPLAYME:
This rubbish na angry
all these Gen z kids self
E shock me o
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by nnekaike(f): 10:57pm On Jul 24, 2021
ALEXAPLAYME:
Yesssssss Esther cheesy grin. Is the voice winner..
Well deserved
yes o,well deserved win.
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:55am On Jul 25, 2021
The voice is a sham. The 50m cash prize, that was announced at the start, diminished to 10m. With Dareys wife as the executive producer of the show this year, I knew it will all be Nigerian factor at play. The judges and organizers are going to feed fat, and feast of the other 20m, and leave Esther with 10m.

Nigerian Idol gave Kingdom 30m, as was said from the beginning, that's integrity.
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by Oluwapomile1: 7:07am On Jul 25, 2021
Eeghe:

My darling friend kiss
How are you?
It’s time to play again, whoop whoop!!!
Hope you are watching

I am good dear. Trust you are too.

Hopefully I will. Already missed yesterday's launch cry

Take care.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

How Whitemoney Took It All – BBNaija / Most Beautiful Lady On Second Chance? / Mawuli Gavor: Diane Walks Out On Housemates As Ebuka Calls Out Her Crush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.