Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview (10762 Views)

What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition / Oyo State Government Recruitment For Teaching Hospital / See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by CalebLebsco56(m): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2021
My friend just got a call from a School for interview.. How one prepare for it? What are the questions likely to be asked? How is the interview Conducted? Need sincere Answers please?

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
He'll be asked some questions on the following:

How to prepare a lesson plan on any of the subjects or scheme of work.

He'll be assessed in the area of communication skills and good command of the English language.

After the oral interview, he will undergo practicals where he'll be given a class to teach to test his teaching skills and his interaction with the pupils.
At this stage, he's expected to introduce himself first to the pupils before proceeding to teach.

Maybe someone else will have one or two things to add.

These are the things Im usually asked to do anytime I go for interview as a part-time Teacher though.

@ Labelle

[
author=labelle123 post=101022965]Teaching, a dumping ground for graduates

What do you mean by "teaching a dumping ground"?

Some of you just open your mouth and spew before thinking. Without this same " dumping ground" would you be a graduate today? Or if no body agreed to be "dumped" in that dumping ground, would you have been able to communicate and express your thoughts in black and white?

Just listen to yourself. As if teaching is not a honorable profession. In fact it is the most honorable, and I think every one, irrespective of their classes and status should regard, recognize and respect this profession because we are the real imparter in the society worldwide, therefore we deserve some accolades and not this scorn we get any time a teaching profession is mentioned.

If you take a class for one week, you'll know the importance of this profession. I cant begin to tell you the difficulties, hardwork and challenges we face everyday trying to make a superstar out of a child with learning difficulty ( which you may even have happened to fall in that category during your time). This is just to mention but a few of the so many challenges we face and at the end of the day we produce a better you, only for you to come and say this?

You know what? Don't send your children to school because the "dumpees" may not want to continue being dumped in that site anymore after seeing this your comment.

Learn to reason before you talk.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by Karleb(m): 11:45am On Apr 22, 2021
Tell him to just go there and be confident.
I mean, it's not as if they'll pay him well.

20 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by Rebekah029(f): 11:45am On Apr 22, 2021
These were the questions I was given when I went for mine recently...
1: Write your name in full.
2: List 5 subjects you can teach comfortably in a primary class.
3: What are your talents.?
4: How many seminars have you attended? List them.
5: How Can you boost a child's self esteem?
6: What makes you different as a 21st century teacher?
7: If hired, what value can you add to the school for its growth and development?
8: How Can you help a child that is a slow learner?

After the written interview, they took us to the class for practical....
there were no students/ pupils in the class..cos they were still on holiday....so the panels/ interviewers were assumed to be the students/ pupils.

To cut the long story short I was disqualified .. according to them these were the reasons:
1: I didn't get the attention of the pupils before teaching.
2: They were looking for teacher one 1..not teacher 2....I actually applied as an assistant teacher, since my b.sc is not ready.

I hope these goes a long way to help your friend..
I wish him all the best!

16 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by Bampeh: 11:45am On Apr 22, 2021
Very Simple
1. know the role of what you applied for
2. Make a Research about the school to know their standard
3. Be confident to speak
4. Dress corporate and neat
5. Always smile
6. Be nice and friendly with whom ever you see at the venue
7. Don't act too desperate during the interview

bampeh good wishes are with your friend

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 22, 2021
I blame Buhari for this kind of topic angry

We move❌❌❌

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by Chummynoni(m): 11:46am On Apr 22, 2021
please, my own concern is to ask her how much they are paying as salary first. what shall it profit someone that use a lotta time in preparing for a job with meagre as salary...may we never be unfortunate.

btw, inbox me for your luxury, genuine wristwatches.*luxurywatchworld

5 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by The5DME(m): 11:46am On Apr 22, 2021
15k job loading and you've the friend OP. no dey lie.

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by blazepascal(m): 11:46am On Apr 22, 2021
there was a time I went in search for a job I wasent even serious with the job search .I was just walking around fortunately ..I saw a signboard written teacher needed call this number.. at first I was reluctant but my friend persuaded Me to call the number ..I called the number and I spoke with the proprietor he said I should come to the school he gave me direction. when I reached there he invited me to sit down And the interview began. I was just smiling and acting confident any question he asked me I would reply him immediately he asked for my CV I told him I didn't come with it he said why.. I told him if you don't mind I could come with it tomorrow he said OK I should go in and start teaching it was then my confident was low.. inside me I was shaking how can I face this student me DAT I'm shy. I later summoned courage I started teaching js1 the principal was right in front of me all eyes were on me. well I just thanked God I didn't mess up I taught them maths and i knew they won't understand. well the principal was just happy that they av found a new math teacher

12 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 22, 2021
Just prepare.

50 million email list available for sale, with a free email software.
Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by BruncleZuma: 11:46am On Apr 22, 2021
- Lesson Plan preparation
- Subject Matter Knowledge
- Clarity of Response and Confidence
- Dress sense
Depending on the school, religious background, and morals, dem no want teachers wen dey finger children.

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by CheedyJ(m): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2021
He or she might be asked to do a demo teaching ... this is key so, he or she must choose a comfortable topic....
Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by ipobarethieves: 11:48am On Apr 22, 2021
sad I hear say nah miserable 15 tousan dey pay Tisa afta 3/4 yrs struggle sad

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by ipobarethieves: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2021
sad U NOT Ur friend . There's no Shame in teaching job
CalebLebsco56:
My friend just got a call from a School for interview..
How one prepare for it?
What are the questions likely to be asked?
How is the interview Conducted?
Need sincere Answers please?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by walyx(m): 11:51am On Apr 22, 2021
me no dey worry for interview again oo. d only part wey fit shake me na d essay part. cos most interviews now,u must write essay.
Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by parkervero(m): 11:52am On Apr 22, 2021
Teaching job interview is the simplest form of job interview, so far you are good in the subject or role you applied for.
Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by ecolime(m): 11:56am On Apr 22, 2021
BruncleZuma:
- Lesson Plan preparation
- Subject Matter Knowledge
- Clarity of Response and Confidence
- Dress sense
Depending on the school, religious background, and morals, dem no want teachers wen dey finger children.
Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by Matheusmartin: 11:57am On Apr 22, 2021
Karleb:
Tell him to just go there and be confident.

I mean, it's not as if they'll pay him well.
Na bad mouth to kill u...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by mrksquare: 12:00pm On Apr 22, 2021
just know how to prepare lesson plan.

You might also be subjected to micro-teaching test.

If you are tested on micro-teaching do give priority to time management. Also don't forget that at secondary or primary school level, learning is student-centered. Build your instruction around your target audience. Always ask the students question. Like for instance, ask them who can define Economics?

Also learn to evaluate your target audience to see if they have leaned all what you taught.

A school that is worth its salt will subject you to micro-teaching. To test your level of communication and delivery.

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by lukuboi(m): 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
Ah de come fess.
Make I think wetin to tell you.
Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by obonujoker(m): 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2021
Lol... Wey no be say na Chevron call you for interview...lol
Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by hardon1(m): 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
CalebLebsco56:
How one prepare for it?

Them dey prepare for teaching job? All the ones I carry go sef, dem dey call me. Na only the money dey pursue me. Teaching job is not one I will kill myself preparing for

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
CalebLebsco56:
How one prepare for it?
Lesson note, how you will manage the class, slow learners, in-loco parenting etc

Success
Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by BarrElChapo(m): 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
Catfishing:
I blame Buhari for this kind of topic angry

We move❌❌❌

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by OLUPET009(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2021
Dem dey prepare for teaching job interview again
Haaaa, Buhari is wicked
Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by oxiide22(m): 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2021
AsherAmari:
He'll be asked some questions on the following:

How to prepare a lesson plan on any of the subjects or scheme of work.

He'll be assessed in the area of communication skills and good command of the English language.

After the oral interview, he will undergo practicals where he'll be given a class to teach to test his teaching skills and his interaction with the pupils.
At this stage, he's expected to introduce himself first to the pupils before proceeding to teach.

Maybe someone else will have one or two things to add.

These are the things Im usually asked to do anytime I go for interview as a part-time Teacher though.
fine Igbo girl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
Tell your friend to register on nairaland

And ask the question himself....

or maybe you're the friend....who knows ??
Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by femi4: 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
CalebLebsco56:
How one prepare for it?
Learn how to prepare a lesson note

His self confidence should be top notch

Good morals and attitude must be seen in him

Prepare for aptitude test. You don't want a blind to lead another blind

Have a good command of English language

Have brief knowledge about the school's vision and mission

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by Minjim: 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
Rebekah029:
These were the questions I was given when I went for mine recently...
1: Write your name in full.
2: List 5 subjects you can teach comfortably in a primary class.
3: What are your talents.?
4: How many seminars have you attended? List them.
5: How Can you boost a child's self esteem?
6: What makes you different as a 21st century teacher?
7: If hired, what value can you add to the school for its growth and development?
8: How Can you help a child that is a slow learner?

After the written interview, they took us to the class for practical....
there were no students/ pupils in the class..cos they were still on holiday....so the panels/ interviewers were assumed to be the students/ pupils.

To cut the long story short I was disqualified .. according to them these were the reasons:
1: I didn't get the attention of the pupils before teaching.
2: They were looking for teacher one 1..not teacher 2....I actually applied as an assistant teacher, since my b.sc is not ready.

I hope these goes a long way to help your friend..
I wish him all the best!

You should have started with a Previous Knowledge. I usually us Question Method, Short Story or Joke.

I'm guess you didn't attend teachers' school

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by Shinor(m): 1:35pm On Apr 22, 2021
I don't know if we will ever adopt this interview style for interviewing teachers in Nigeria. When my son was in Year 8 (Form 2) in the UK, his school wanted to employ a Classics teacher and they put my son and a couple of other kids studying Classics to Interview the prospective teacher....At first as a Naija father I said Una no dey fear? But upon reflection, if the guy was going to be teaching them, then they might as well have a say in his employment.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For Teaching Job Interview by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2021
obonujoker:
Lol... Wey no be say na Chevron call you for interview...lol

So you know say una no dey at par with shevron? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndlea And Frsc Recruitment. / What Is The Career Prospect Of Agric. Engineering Graduates In Nigeria? / How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.