Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,678 members, 7,844,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! (16108 Views)

Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities / Job Seekers Don't Sleep, They Go For Opportunities Like This... / Just Have Completed Your Graduation And Looking For Opportunities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:35am On Apr 20, 2021
Basalt:

Accommodation or no accommodation, I find it hard to believe that a graduate should be paid #18,000 per month in a place like Lagos.
It's not attractive one bit, it's actually appalling.
atleast for a start before persin hold ground
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:38am On Apr 20, 2021
Karleb:

Try linkedin, jobberman, indeed.com etc.
ok thanks
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:39am On Apr 20, 2021
worldwonders:
@OP I'm in same position with you... Currently in PH, but will likely move soon to Lag or Ibadan, hopefully I get a job there.
that's it bro.. may God help us
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Vilgax: 11:42am On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

this is a social platform, do you expect me to construct sentence like am writing an application?

you use "am" instead of "I'm" wayyy too often for someone that claimed to be a graduate of English.

I think that's why most people have issues with your level of English.

also, don't use that "this is a forum; i abbreviate to minimise time" excuse, it doesn't hold water.

anybody that could have helped you based off your English degree would definitely be having second thoughts IMO.

best of luck to you moving forward.
may the odds forever be in your favour.

1 Like

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by BabaIbo: 11:44am On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

you should have asked where I stay first

Are you saying the state doesn't have a city or an urban area?
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Skindudu0510(m): 11:45am On Apr 20, 2021
tuna85:
If you are able to grab an opportunity within Ibadan even if it's a 60k job, then you will enjoy it. 60k job for Ibadan better pass 100k job for Lagos o

pls if you get that kind job amount for ibadan for me. this is my number and WhatsApp 08132700824. seriously in need of job

1 Like

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by FiverrTutor(m): 11:47am On Apr 20, 2021
worldwonders:

Same issue here... Been in PH for a while now, somewhere around Tank area. Been applying for a job here since December last year, nothing is forth coming.
I'm also thinking of going to lag to look for job coz most of the job offers I got where from Lagos and was also invited for an interview at Ibadan in a food tech industry, missed the interview though.

My brother that's the problem oo. Portharcourt is living in past glory. Please relocate back. I personally will be moving by God's grace either in May or June.
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:47am On Apr 20, 2021
Vilgax:

you use "am" instead of "I'm" wayyy too often for someone that claimed to be a graduate of English.

I think that's why most people have issues with your level of English.

also, don't use that "this is a forum; i abbreviate to minimise time" excuse, it doesn't hold water.

anybody that could have helped you based off your English degree would definitely be having second thoughts IMO.

best of luck to you moving forward.
may the odds forever be in your favour.
amen… thanks
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:48am On Apr 20, 2021
BabaIbo:

Are you saying the state doesn't have a city or an urban area?
Northern cities don't have such atmosphere for some certain thing. it is a salary base state
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Reelmii: 11:51am On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

everybody dey chop hin own sweat
I pray u chop your own ooo
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by BabaIbo: 11:54am On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

Northern cities don't have such atmosphere for some certain thing. it is a salary base state

North?

I had that mindset in the past, after rounding up my NYSC program in a northern state. Instead of me to take time to figure out what next, I rushed to Lagos to start hustling. After few years I relocated to another state.

Although, it is a lesson learnt in life and I now see there are opportunities in other states and Grace can always locate us wherever we are, irrespective of the location.

I thought it is south, but then there are some states with good commercial atmosphere in the north.

Anyway, do what your mind tells you and be focus on it.

I wish you the best in your endeavors.
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 20, 2021
FuckEveryday:
The person advising you to choose a 60k job in Ibadan over a 100k job in Lagos, doesn't like you @ all.

whenever you come to Lagos, try staying on the island alone, it'll interest you to know most graduates stay @ security houses and alot of "packaged uncompleted buildings" due to numerous real estate projects.

but when you find one, don't think that's all, you still have to work hard, but why Im telling you to come to the island to work hard is simple...

Destiny helpers don't go round looking for you, you have to position yourself where they'll easily find you and you'll have options too. don't let your pastor deceive you.

it worked for me, it'll definitely work for you too..cheers

modified: I see some clowns mentioning me saying rubbish..smh

one said rich people don't help on the island cheesy you think someone would see you on the streets of Lagos, pick u in his /her car and change Ur life grin this Life isn't ROK TV bruv...the Moto I dey drive now, someone on this forum bought it for me, yes, on this same Nairaland. If I wasn't staying/squating on the island then, I'm 100% sure I would hv missed the opportunity.

Life doesn't start and end on the island part of Lagos, but I can authoritatively tell you that it gives you a better chance or Head start of you'll prefer to call it that.

To the other guy that said everyone on d island doesn't have legit money, I have nothing to say to you..have a good life and may God open your eyes.
Most people will doubt your story, but I swear rich people full Nairaland, and there are well to do people who are ready to help when you position your self well.... Last last na grace we de all pray for....

1 Like

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by EndBuhariNow(m): 11:58am On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

what made him run?… is it the nature of the job or he was lazy?
graduate for 18k naira job U guys most be joking, I prefer to trek from Nigeria to Dubai and sweep their roads for 250k than to collect 18k in Nigeria
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 12:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
BabaIbo:

North?

I thought it is south, but then there are some states with good commercial atmosphere in the north.

Anyway, do what your mind tells you and be focus on it.

I wish you the best!
thanks
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 12:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
Reelmii:
I pray u chop your own ooo
amen
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by babajide107: 12:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
I have never gone for interview in my life,I earn around 150k monthly doing my own business in Ibadan but I’m very much tempted to come to Lagos with the way my Frnds say dier r more opportunity in island but I’m just scared if it worth it
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
"am a graduate " undecided sad
Lol @ Am instead of I'm.... this thing give me headache wan time until I settle down goggle the difference.

Am= verb
I'm = I and Am = Verb and pronoun...

it is well...
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by kaziblake(f): 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2021
FuckEveryday:
The person advising you to choose a 60k job in Ibadan over a 100k job in Lagos, doesn't like you @ all.

whenever you come to Lagos, try staying on the island alone, it'll interest you to know most graduates stay @ security houses and alot of "packaged uncompleted buildings" due to numerous real estate projects.

but when you find one, don't think that's all, you still have to work hard, but why Im telling you to come to the island to work hard is simple...

Destiny helpers don't go round looking for you, you have to position yourself where they'll easily find you and you'll have options too. don't let your pastor deceive you.

one said rich people don't help on the island cheesy you think someone would see you on the streets of Lagos, pick u in his /her car and change Ur life grin this Life isn't ROK TV bruv...the Moto I dey drive now, someone on this forum bought it for me, yes, on this same Nairaland. If I wasn't staying/squating on the island then, I'm 100% sure I would hv missed the opportunity.

Life doesn't start and end on the island part of Lagos, but I can authoritatively tell you that it gives you a better chance or Head start of you'll prefer to call it that.

To the other guy that said everyone on d island doesn't have legit money, I have nothing to say to you..have a good life and may God open your eyes.
This your comment is true.
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Trimjos: 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:
Am a graduate (awaiting though) and a NCE holder. I am planning to come to lagos to chase my dreams/passion. I am aware of the ups and downs in Lagos ranging from traffic to cost of living but my dreams are worth chasing. So my issue here is I want to secure a job before coming so that I would be able to sustain myself while I chase my dreams.

I have a place to stay (Festac, Ajegunle). I have benefited from this forum from different people who I barely knew. That's why I decided to bring this here even though I know there are vultures out there but God’s got our back.

If you can help in anyway, please reach out. Help me get my connect abeg.

Guy, ABUJA is your best bet for that your dream. Lagos is over saturated
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by kaziblake(f): 12:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
Originalsly:

Bro.... never ever say you're a graduate.... and worse... in English. It is better you wrote in Pidgin than torture us with this your graduate english. Even if I was in a position to connect you... I would not... because of your English..... and the low reasoning level you're showing chatting with Joysticks. If you can't start chasing your dream where you live.... don't risk trying in Lagos.

Na wa o
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by kaziblake(f): 12:11pm On Apr 20, 2021
FiverrTutor:
@op ill advise you to move to Lagos. Forget all those doom talkers here. See let me tell u mine. I presently reside in Portharcourt, but you won't believe that between January this year to now I have done over 20 interviews and gotten over 7 juicy job offers already and Guess what, all this were from companies in Lagos!!! I mean not a single Interview or offer from this shithole called Portharcourt. The problem I have is that I live in a very comfortable house here in portharcourt and I have nobody in Lagos. I do feel so so sad sometimes. I had no choice than to accept the last job offer that came luckily they haven't set up their office yet in Victoria Island(I'm on salary). So I'm using the time now to save so I can get a place in Lagos to stay even if it's one room. Please move!!!
And since it is on the island you can stay around Iyana oworo or costain or obalende..You can get cheap accommodation around these area.

2 Likes

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by DarkPheonix: 12:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
Originalsly:

Bro.... never ever say you're a graduate.... and worse... in English. It is better you wrote in Pidgin than torture us with this your graduate english. Even if I was in a position to connect you... I would not... because of your English..... and the low reasoning level you're showing chatting with Joysticks. If you can't start chasing your dream where you live.... don't risk trying in Lagos.

Your English is also very terrible, bad punctuation, improper use of tenses. It will better if you just typed in your mother's tongue and let us use Google translator to understand what you are trying to pass across.

No pun intended.

2 Likes

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by SmartPolician: 12:13pm On Apr 20, 2021
Karleb:

Don't mind those people. It's like how our uncles tell us there's nothing oversea. That Nigeria is better.

One thing Lagosians don't understand is that they're naturally ahead of many Nigerians. If you have an in demand skill, Lagos is the best place to be.

@OP
Worst that can happen is that you fail and you go back. But don't quit before trying.

Something you and FiverrTutor don't seem to understand is that there's a huge difference between interviews and getting jobs. Even GLND sends random invites in Lagos. Just as you get invites, hundreds of others do. Las Las na when you show your eyes go clear.

However, I agree that if you have a good skill, Lagos is the right place for you. Good skill in this context means IT and marketing. In fact, if you are a good marketer in Lagos, making it is as easy as ABC because the market (population) is already here.

1 Like

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 12:15pm On Apr 20, 2021
Trimjos:

Guy, ABUJA is your best bet for that your dream. Lagos is over saturated
don't you think abuja is expensive for a beginner?
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by BabaIbo: 12:16pm On Apr 20, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Abeg go siddon, stop making it look as if life starts and ends on the island part of Lagos. I was there in the past.

I know someone who got his car from someone (that is the car was bought for him) and he doesn't even stay in Lagos.
Lest I forget, he once stayed in Lagos but couldn't achieve what he planned to achieve until he moved to another city.

Another friend that we both moved to Lagos after our NYSC, left Lagos after few years because he couldn't achieve his goals, he moved to another location and from there he travelled out.

Another one was doing teaching job but later decide to leave Lagos to another city for his masters, now he is in a foreign county doing his PhD.

What do you have to say about these?

Saying someone should move to island is not reasonable.
The proper words should be we should pray to be wherever our helper will locate us or wherever grace will locate us.

If I should use myself as an example, that is, my worth when I was in Lagos and my worth now, I wouldn't advice people to go to that Lagos. Like I said, we should pray our help and grace should locate us wherever we are.

I know a lot of people that has never been to Lagos to settle down(they have been there for businesses) but they are multimillionaires.

6 Likes

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by hyzich(m): 12:16pm On Apr 20, 2021
Catfishing:

Graduate in English indeed angry

You wasted money meant for skill acquisation on your studies.

Which one is "aquisation"?

Are you from Ibadan? lol, just joking tho

2 Likes

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Karleb(m): 12:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
SmartPolician:

Something you and FiverrTutor don't seem to understand is that there's a huge difference between interviews and getting jobs. Even GLND sends random invites in Lagos. Just as you get invites, hundreds of others do. Las Las na when you show your eyes go clear.

However, I agree that if you have a good skill, Lagos is the right place for you. Good skill in this context means IT and marketing. In fact, if you are a good marketer in Lagos, making it is as easy as ABC because the market (population) is already here.

The more interview you attend, the more your chances of getting a job. In some states where you don't have as much jobs as in Lagos, you'd still compete with hundreds of people.

It's better you compete where there are more jobs. Some graduates do get upto 5 genuine interviews in a year in other states. Besides, there are GLNDs everywhere.

Talking of skills, it doesn't ends with IT and marketing. Music, Fashion Design, Shoe Marking, Barbing, Hair Dressing, Events and Catering Services, Make Up etc. are in demand skills that'll move very fast in a place like Lagos even for people that are not experts.

1 Like

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by SmartPolician: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2021
babajide107:
I have never gone for interview in my life,I earn around 150k monthly doing my own business in Ibadan but I’m very much tempted to come to Lagos with the way my Frnds say dier r more opportunity in island but I’m just scared if it worth it

Here's my advice: Look at those who started the business before you in Ibadan? Are they doing so well? Are they living the kinda lifestyle you wish to live in the future? If the answers are yes, stay where you are and build your business.

Also, Lagos is not far from Ibadan; I think it was 1k the last time I visited Challenge from Ojodu-Berger. You can always visit your friends in Lagos to survey the city and see if your business can thrive in Lagos. If you see the opportunity, you can move to Lagos or expand into Lagos.

However, don't kill your business because you want to actualize a larger-than-life dream in Lagos. Nigeria has come to a point where we need to create jobs, not take up the little ones others created and destroy the ones we have.

On a second thought, If you don't see the future in your business, you can drop it and relocate to Lagos. Admittedly, there are lots of rich people on the island. However, the truth that nobody tells you is that a vast majority of people who live on the island are struggling (we call it packaging in Nigeria) and hoping to get connection.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 20, 2021
hyzich:

Which one is "aquisition"?

Are you from Ibadan? lol, just joking tho
In your 'lame' attempt to sound funny, you made a f0ol of yourself.

Where did you see 'aquisition' in that comment you quoted?

Stop this childish habit, will you undecided angry
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
*that was harsh*
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by bluefilm: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:
Am a graduate (awaiting though) and a NCE holder. I am planning to come to lagos to chase my dreams/passion. I am aware of the ups and downs in Lagos ranging from traffic to cost of living but my dreams are worth chasing. So my issue here is I want to secure a job before coming so that I would be able to sustain myself while I chase my dreams.

I have a place to stay (Festac, Ajegunle). I have benefited from this forum from different people who I barely knew. That's why I decided to bring this here even though I know there are vultures out there but God’s got our back.

If you can help in anyway, please reach out. Help me get my connect abeg.

Tufiakwa.

This is so disgusting.

A supposed graduate is writing a sentence and begins with "Am a graduate..."

Then the mods who are supposed to be the last line of defense couldn't even spot the error and make amends before pushing it to the front page.

Clearly, the fallen standard of education in your country is beyond any form of redemption.
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Trimjos: 12:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

don't you think abuja is expensive for a beginner?

abuja is not a bit expensive, except offcourse u want to go and rent house at Asokoro or maitama

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam / Apply For Ongoing Recruitment At Wateraid Nigeria(5 Positions) / How Do Introverts Cope In Job Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.