Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,708 members, 7,855,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:09 PM

Johnson & Johnson One-shot Vaccine Pause Might Be Lifted This Week, Fauci Says - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Johnson & Johnson One-shot Vaccine Pause Might Be Lifted This Week, Fauci Says (143 Views)

Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses / Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder / Coronavirus: Apostle Johnson Suleman 'Exposes' COVID-19. "Worse Coming In 2022" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Johnson & Johnson One-shot Vaccine Pause Might Be Lifted This Week, Fauci Says by Annabella11: 2:12am On Apr 20, 2021
The pause on using the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine will probably be lifted by Friday, although some restrictions may be required, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday.
Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, told CBS' "Face the Nation" that "you don’t want to jump ahead of yourself and decide you know the total spectrum of this, which is one of the reasons why they paused and why hopefully by Friday we’ll know."
Fauci, who also took his message to NBC's "Meet the Press," said he doubts the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will "just cancel" the J&J vaccine and continue allowing only the two-dose vaccines developed by Pfizer and Moderna.
"Everything is on the table," Fauci said. "My estimate is that we will continue to use it in some form. I doubt very seriously if they just cancel it. I don't think that's going to happen. I do think that there will likely be some sort of warning or restriction or risk assessment.”
States began halting use of Johnson & Johnson's vaccine last week after federal health officials recommended a pause "out of an abundance of caution" because of rare but dangerous blood clots.
Fauci's comments came one day before the deadline President Joe Biden set for states to make all American adults eligible for a vaccine. The April 19 deadline is two weeks earlier than the president's original goal of May 1.       
Any questionable vaccine should be called off, not just the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

(1) (Reply)

France's First Known Case 'was In December' / White House Offers New Tax Credit To Help Spur Vaccinations / 10 Best Food Delivery App India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.