Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,208 members, 7,860,349 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:44 AM

Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? (1227 Views)

Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? / 15 Ways Husbands React When Their Wives Post Pictures On Facebook / Husbands Urged To Do This For Their Wives So Their Marriage Could Work. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by lammyna(m): 11:14am On Apr 20, 2021
Why is it that most husbands in this part of the world died before their wives? What may be the cause? Is there any Bible or Quaran verses backing this up? We have landladies mostly in my state. Please let us learn together. Though I believe everyone will die one day and we all go one by one but my concern now is high death rate of men to women.
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by ellagabs(f): 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2021
So much pressure on the male figure:

1. Working environment: Most men work in a dangerous facility (i.e chemical plant) just to provide for their family. Some of these chemicals has the ability to reduce life span.

2. Working hard: Some men burst their ass every day working hard, Most hard work pays but it comes with its own health issues.

3. Hard drugs: After a hard working day, man will still take a hard drug just to please the greedy wife in bed.

4. Nagging wife: I don't need to explain this.

5. Wayward Children: A child way of life can reduce/increase the parent life span. If you have a child that gives you BP every now and then, as a man you can die in you sleeep.

6. Default settings: Some men are designed to die early.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by lammyna(m): 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2021
ellagabs:
So much pressure on the male figure:

6. Default settings: Some men are designed to die early.

This one catches my attention. Why is it like that? Is it that because God created man first or what?
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2021
Because of the burden on them to carry most/ all of the responsibility in the home.
Secondly, many housewives do wish their husbands sudden death so that they can quickly take over his properties incase he is thinking of selling some before his death.
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by Mindlog: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
lammyna:

This one catches my attention. Why is it like that? Is it that because God created man first or what?

The genetics and biological make-up of females gives them an edge over males when it comes to survival rate from conception to old age. We lose more males to miscarriage and stillbirths, so is infant mortality higher with them (this is evidence based and you can read up journals on them). I focused on the early years of life where both male and female babies have not yet been assigned economic roles.

Have you asked why more men die from COVID-19 than women?

1 Like

Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by ellagabs(f): 3:46pm On Apr 20, 2021
lammyna:

First in, first out... abi? smiley
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by chyket(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
Most Husbands are older than their wives so biologically/naturally they are expected to go first.
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by MufasaLion: 7:48pm On Apr 20, 2021
They married hoes grin

1 Like

Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by CareerBegger: 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
lammyna:
Why is it that most husbands in this part of the world died before their wives? What may be the cause? Is there any Bible or Quaran verses backing this up? We have landladies mostly in my state. Please let us learn together. Though I believe everyone will die one day and we all go one by one but my concern now is high death rate of men to women.

In everywhere in the world men are the ones that stay on top during sex. That's why they over work themselves and die.

Me I have joined priesthood since my baby mama gave me a boy.
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by squarelead(m): 10:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
Things wey man dey put for head too much. Too much pressure. May we live long to reap fruits of our labour . Amen
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by johnkey: 6:49am On Apr 21, 2021
Just get a baby mama and you'll be fine. No woman no cry remember
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by Matheusmartin: 7:57am On Apr 21, 2021
lammyna:
Not only this part of the world, it's general..

Here are some of the reasons.

Burden to cater for the family. This take a tow on their health. They easily come down with chronic illnesses.

Nature of jobs. You'll hardly see women working as commercial drivers and factory labourers.

Unhealthy lifestyle. Smoking and heavy alcohol drinking are common with men..
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by Matheusmartin: 8:00am On Apr 21, 2021
johnkey:
Just get a baby mama and you'll be fine. No woman no cry remember
Forget the ways celebrities tend to glamorize baby-mamarism, that shit will send you to ur early grave quicker than you can imagine..
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by lammyna(m): 10:24am On Apr 21, 2021
CareerBegger:

In everywhere in the world men are the ones that stay on top during sex. That's why they over work themselves and die.

Me I have joined priesthood since my baby mama gave me a boy.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by lammyna(m): 10:24am On Apr 21, 2021
squarelead:
Things wey man dey put for head too much. Too much pressure. May we live long to reap fruits of our labour . Amen

Amen ooo

1 Like

Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by nautybride: 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2021
If it's the stress, do hustling women that care for their kids alone, die Young too?
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by lammyna(m): 8:37am On Apr 22, 2021
So why do men, on average, die first?

There are many reasons why the ratio of men to women (which is roughly equal in young adulthood) starts to favor women over time. Among the most powerful factors?

Men tend to take bigger risks. Some of the reason seems to be “biological destiny.” The frontal lobe of the brain — the part that controls judgment and consideration of an action’s consequences — develops more slowly in boys and young men than in their female counterparts. This may contribute to the fact that far more boys and men die in accidents or due to violence than girls and women. Examples include biking, driving drunk, and homicide. This tendency toward lack of judgment and consideration of consequences may also contribute to detrimental lifestyle decisions among young men, such as smoking or drinking to excess.

Have more dangerous jobs. Men far outnumber women in some of the riskiest occupations, including military combat, firefighting, and working at construction sites.

Die of heart disease more often and at a younger age. In fact, men are 50% more likely than women to die of heart disease. The fact that men have lower estrogen levels than women may be part of the reason. But medical risks, such as poorly treated high blood pressure or unfavorable cholesterol levels, may contribute as well.

Be larger than women. Across many species, larger animals tend to die younger than smaller ones. Although the magnitude of this effect is uncertain in humans, it may work against male longevity.

Commit suicide more often than women. This is true despite the fact that depression is considered more common among women and women make more (non-fatal) suicide attempts. Some attribute this to the tendency for men to avoid seeking care for depression and the cultural norms that discourage men from seeking help for mental illness.

Be less socially connected. For reasons that aren’t entirely clear, people with fewer and weaker social connections (which tends to include men more often than women) tend to have higher death rates.

Avoid doctors. According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, men are far more likely to skip routine health screens and far less likely than women to have seen a doctor of any kind during the previous year.

The uneven playing field for boys starts early. The Y chromosome tends to develop mutations more often than X chromosomes and the lack of a second X chromosome in men means that X-linked abnormalities among boys are not “masked” by a second, normal version. Survival in the womb is also less reliable for male fetuses (for uncertain, and probably multiple, reasons). Developmental disorders are also more common among boys; some of these could shorten life expectancy.

What we can do to help men live longer

While there’s not much that can be done about some of these factors, others are modifiable. For example, since men tend to avoid medical care far more often than women, getting men to report symptoms (including depression) and go for regular follow-up for chronic medical problems (such as high blood pressure) could counter some of the tendency for them to die younger.

It’s also worth noting that the survival gap between men and women reflects an average tendency among large numbers of people. In fact, plenty of wives predecease their husbands. Individual risk factors, such as smoking, diabetes, or a strong family history of breast cancer, can outweigh the general tendency for women to live longer.
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by Rekhi(f): 9:52am On Apr 22, 2021
But,many men are older than their wives nah,you prefer the younger to go first?
It's not all the time those assumptions you listed there cause it. Someone even said it's cause men work their butt off,,in this century,many women assume the role of the breadwinner...Morever,women have their share too,you think pregnancy and childbirth doesn't have a toll on women too?..kwantinue,u hear?
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by lammyna(m): 11:36am On Apr 22, 2021
Rekhi:
But,many men are older than their wives nah,you prefer the younger to go first?
It's not all the time those assumptions you listed there cause it. Someone even said it's cause men work their butt off,,in this century,many women assume the role of the breadwinner...Morever,women have their share too,you think pregnancy and childbirth doesn't have a toll on women too?..kwantinue,u hear?

@Rekhi, you are 100% right. We are not saying younger ones should go first (God forbid). Mostly in Africa, some men prefer to marry younger ladies as wives. We also have the same bracket as husband and wife. Likewise, some women prefer young adults (guys) as their husbands. What we are saying is that we all should avoid some things that will cut short our lifes. Either a man or a woman, one must go first. We will not die untimely death in Jesus name...Amen.
Re: Why Most Husbands Died Before Their Wives? by Rekhi(f): 11:42am On Apr 22, 2021
lammyna:

@Rekhi, you are 100% right. We are not saying younger ones should go first (God forbid). Mostly in Africa, some men prefer to marry younger ladies as wives. We also have the same bracket as husband and wife. Likewise, some women prefer young adults (guys) as their husbands. What we are saying is that we all should avoid some things that will cut short our lifes. Either a man or a woman, one must go first. We will not die untimely death in Jesus name...Amen.
Amen..Now i get you.

(1) (Reply)

The Way You Treat Girlfriend Vs The Way You Treat Wife / I Am An Undergraduate Totally Depressed And Heart Broken. Please Help!!! / Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.