Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,784 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, (7513 Views)

Loyola Students In The Sosoliso Plane Crash / Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? / Loyola Jesuit Entrance Examination 2019/2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Ilamina(f): 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
That school that only genius children go too

In my set in primary/elementary school

Only the boy that used too come first in our class
That passed the exam

Yoruba boy, he's name was gbenga

Loyola was hype in portharcourt
Also very expensive

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
Me it was gifted, at suleja/maje i bin wan enter that year, but about 5 mark cut me short.

7 Likes

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by obiekunie2: 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
and regina paci for girls that year.

5 Likes

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Ilamina(f): 8:14pm On Apr 20, 2021
To get into the school of your choice
Is not easy

Nigeria is so competitive
Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by GreenOris: 6:09am On Apr 21, 2021
AdeOri99:
Me it was gifted, at suleja/maje i bin wan enter that year, but about 5 mark cut me short.
Ha same here i wrote the exams 2004 in kaduna
Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by SocialJustice: 7:01am On Apr 21, 2021
Ilamina:

That passed the exam

It was hyped everywhere. The best Catholic secondary school in Nigeria. My sister went to PNHS, Edo state.

The Sosoliso plane crash was filled with them.

The school for rich geniuses.

Is it still functional?
Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by femi4: 7:15am On Apr 21, 2021
Ilamina:

That passed the exam

May be then, not anymore. With the economy and private schools everywhere now, the standard is no longer the same
Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 21, 2021
Me. I need marketers/copywriters. Check my profile
Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Ilamina(f): 8:05am On Apr 21, 2021
SocialJustice:
It was hyped everywhere. The best Catholic secondary school in Nigeria. My sister went to PNHS, Edo state.

Is it still functional?

It's a catholic school
But non catholics wanted to go there too because of the name

It's still there
After the sad incident, people still go there

I thought after the sosoliso, parents would be scared to send their children to schools outside their state. . especially far away
Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Ilamina(f): 8:10am On Apr 21, 2021
femi4:
May be then, not anymore. With the economy and private schools everywhere now, the standard is no longer the same

There are other private schools
But loyola is special

It's not only for rich people
But for the gifted
No other school can compare

A school where the gifted around nigeria, gather together to compete and show off

10 Likes

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by ruggedtimi(m): 8:12am On Apr 21, 2021
Ilamina:

That passed the exam

2008 i was among the students that represented my sch in United Nations model conference Abuja. Each state across Nigeria was represented by atleast 4 schools and each school coming with a minimum of ten students. So you can imagine the number of students gathered at the international conference centre Abuja. Loyola students had nothing special , they were just kids of the elite and a school from Abuja. It was a 7days conference, students were acting as representatives/ambassadors of different countries to the United Nations and we were assigned to various u.n bodies. Myself I was in the general assembly and I represented Costa rica, 2009 version I was among the directors in the conference. There was no outstanding student from loyola.

9 Likes

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by femi4: 8:14am On Apr 21, 2021
Ilamina:

But loyola is special

It's not only for rich people
But for the gifted
No other school can compare

A school where the gifted around nigeria, gather together to compete and show off
You are still living in the past. Wake up

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Ilamina(f): 8:23am On Apr 21, 2021
femi4:
You are still living in the past. Wake up

But not that competitive like loyola

I don't know, if loyola will still be hype after some years

I understand what you are saying tho

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Ilamina(f): 8:26am On Apr 21, 2021
ruggedtimi:
2008 i was among the students that represented my sch in United Nations model conference Abuja. Each state across Nigeria was represented by atleast 4 schools and each school coming with a minimum of ten students. So you can imagine the number of students gathered at the international conference centre Abuja. Loyola students had nothing special , they were just kids of the elite and a school from Abuja. It was a 7days conference, students were acting as representatives/ambassadors of various countries and we were assigned to various u.n bodies. Myself I was in the general assembly and I represented Costal rica, 2009 version I was among the directors in the conference. There was no outstanding student from loyola.

I heard loyola students dominate at the famous cowbell mathematics competition

3 Likes

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by tribalistdcriti: 8:29am On Apr 21, 2021
Ilamina:

when seun mama school dey

4 Likes

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Ilamina(f): 8:30am On Apr 21, 2021
I went to grove school in portharcourt, one of the best primary schools in portharcourt

Money was never the problem
But how to get in
It's just recently, I found out that loyola is expensive

But in montessori intl primary school in portharcourt, they worried about the money
It's not about getting in but how can your parents manage to pay
Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by ruggedtimi(m): 8:32am On Apr 21, 2021
Ilamina:

I attended one of the best and most expensive private secondary in pH back then and we had students going for all these competitions, trust me from my experience the real brains are found in government and community schools.

8 Likes

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by srclark: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2021
Ilamina:

stop the unnecessary hype it is normal school now we even have better schools now
Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by ruggedtimi(m): 8:33am On Apr 21, 2021
Ilamina:
I went to grove school in portharcourt, one of the best primary schools in portharcourt

Money was never the problem
But how to get in
It's just recently, I found out that loyola is expensive

But in montessori intl primary school in portharcourt, they worried about the money
It's not about getting in but how can your parents manage
Groove near cheers bar...no wonder u dey do primary and secondary school comparison. Things only big men children get time for...who primary / secondary school help.
Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Ilamina(f): 8:37am On Apr 21, 2021
In portharcourt
The hype school was jephthah

The entrance examination not that competitive like loyola

But it was hard to get in
I cried so badly, when I couldn't get in
The school pitied me and gave me admission by force cry grin undecided
When they saw me crying outside the school admission office

But I regret going there
Why try and go to a school, that you didn't get in at the first place
What makes you think, you will be able to compete

I did okay, my first few years
But my last years, my academics dropped badly

3 Likes

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by DesChyko: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2021
I thought this was a memorial service post sef

4 Likes

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 21, 2021
People like us na 4 inside inside village we skull, na God they help us.
Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Ilamina(f): 8:43am On Apr 21, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Groove near cheers bar...no wonder u dey do primary and secondary school comparison. Things only big men children get time for...who primary / secondary school help.

Loyola was hype in grove
But more hype in montessori ( which was considered the best primary school in portharcourt)
I guess most of the sosoliso students were from montessori

I read someone's comment under most expensive secondary schools thread

That the kind of nursery/ primary school and secondary you go too, determines your future. . and who will end up studying abroad

So it was important for me

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by ruggedtimi(m): 8:47am On Apr 21, 2021
Ilamina:

Loyola was hype in grove
But more hype in montessori ( which was considered the best primary school in portharcourt)
I guess most of the sosoliso students were from montessori

I read someone's comment under most expensive secondary schools thread

That the kind of nursery/ primary school and secondary you go too, determines your future. . and who will end up studying abroad

So it was important for me
Really!! grin grin. ...wat year you finish primary sch?

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Ilamina(f): 8:48am On Apr 21, 2021
Was any bereton pupil on that plane
Looks like loyola students from portharcourt, either went too grove or montessori

Loyola wasnt hype in Bereton

That shows only grove and montessori are the best primary schools in portharcourt
Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by pelicanbeau(f): 8:57am On Apr 21, 2021
children everywhere

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Ilamina(f): 9:02am On Apr 21, 2021
pelicanbeau:
children everywhere

What's childish about this post
Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by SocialJustice: 9:26am On Apr 21, 2021
Ilamina:

It's a catholic school
But non catholics wanted to go there too

It's still there
After the sad incident, people still go there

I thought after the sosoliso, parents would be scared to send their children to schools outside their state. . especially far away
It is catholic but anyone can attend.

The air crash was just unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by christejames(m): 9:50am On Apr 21, 2021
femi4:

You typed this with your fingers about Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja; that the standard is no longer the same?

I laugh at your ignorance, that school keeps developing as each day passes by with new structures and innovation coming up on daily basis...

The precinct of that school with structures therein is far larger and better than most Universities in the currently.

They are currently building the Primary School Section beside 60Angels block of flats at the same Gidan Daya, that is if you know that part of Abuja.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by christejames(m): 9:50am On Apr 21, 2021
SocialJustice:

Is it still functional?

Lol!

The school is still very much active.
Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by femi4: 9:52am On Apr 21, 2021
christejames:

You typed this with your fingers about Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja; that the standard is no longer the same?

I laugh at your ignorance, that school keeps developing as each day passes by with new structures and innovation coming up on daily basis...

The precinct of that school with structures therein is far larger and better than most Universities in the currently.

They are currently building the Primary School Section beside 60Angels block of flats at the same Gidan Daya, that is if you know that part of Abuja.
Illiterate

The standard of education is not about buildings

8 Likes

Re: Who Remembers Loyola Je Suit school in Abuja, by Ilamina(f): 10:01am On Apr 21, 2021
ruggedtimi:
I attended one of the best and most expensive private secondary in pH back then and we had students going for all these competitions, trust me from my experience the real brains are found in government and community schools.

Which secondary school
Did you go too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun State University 2012/2013 Post Utme/admission Info. / Nassarawa State University Admission List / Jamb Announces New Date For 2011 Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.