Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? (1235 Views)

Idris Adanno: 'Sultan Of Shuwa Arabs Of Edo State' Coronation Sparks Outrage / Sultan of Sokoto: North Is The Worst Place To Live, Bandits Operate Freely / Amir, Sultan Of Sokoto’s Son Had Accident After ‘Getting High On Codeine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
Sultan of Sokoto is a traditional ruler of sokoto

Religiously he is head of Muslims in the north through Usman Dan Fodio who conquered the north with Islam and made sultan it's religious head

The dilemma is Yoruba Muslims

Religiously Islam came to Yoruba through the malians not through Usman Dan Fodio

If we go by the Northerner logic the malians are the ones to sight the moon for yoruba Muslims since it's too difficult for them

How come a fulani sultan that didn't give them Islam is the one sighting the moon?

Please i need intelligent answers

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
submitting
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Conrod: 9:15pm On Apr 20, 2021
Fulanis and yorubas are brothers from the same father that fell from jupiter,according to my history teacher.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Sammy07: 9:29pm On Apr 20, 2021
Mikehot:

Religiously he is head of Muslims in the north through Usman Dan Fodio who conquered the north with Islam and made sultan it's religious head

Religiously Islam came to Yoruba through the malians not through Usman Dan Fodio

If we go by the Northerner logic the malians are the ones to sight the moon for yoruba Muslims since it's too difficult for them

How come a fulani sultan that didn't give them Islam is the one sighting the moon?

We also have Igbo Muslims

Kindly include them
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by criuze(m): 10:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
Sammy07:

We also have Igbo Muslims
Kindly include them
Igbo Muslims in which movie

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
It's sad to see how some people are suffering from other people's affairs. Hardly u can see a Muslim commenting in their religious issues but they always run to our Islam and expose their deep ignorance.
Islam was in Yoruba Land about 200yrs before Usman Danfodio was born and similarly Islam was in the north more than 400yrs before Usman's father was born. So, going by this showed no basis on the persistent effort of OP's assertion and his fellow dullards claiming Danfodio brought Islam to North/Nigeria. We call him SHEHU "Mujaddadi", the restorer. Before he came there were cruel leaders in the North who only knew how to enslave and suffer people. However, when SHEHU came & stopped everything and restore better system after going through lots of persecution at the hand of those rulers. Go and read facts not what they always tell u on pulpits, Islam has the best justice system on earth (it takes u to have neutral mind to understand this).
Islam has leadership system that made Sultan to head Islamic affairs, we're not animals to live with no laws or regulations, and hardly u see Muslims protesting against this.
Last time I checked POPE approved same sex marriage as a result of growing public outrage & many Christians hailed his consent. Why is Pope's word respected in Nigeria among Christians?
You have your religion and we've ours, let us respect our accepted principles and guidelines of the religion of each other with no infiltration or blasphemy, I'm sure peace shall reign in the land. Let us for once be tolerance with choice of others & understand that principles, regulations and commandments of our books are our guidance which can't always be common in action and behaviour and direction.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Manab: 11:11pm On Apr 20, 2021
Sukran
Coronabirus:
It's sad to see how some people are suffering from other people's affairs. Hardly u can see a Muslim commenting in their religious issues but they always run to our Islam and expose their deep ignorance.
Islam was in Yoruba Land about 200yrs before Usman Danfodio was born and similarly Islam was in the north more than 400yrs before Usman's father was born. So, going by this showed no basis on the persistent effort of OP's assertion and his fellow dullards claiming Danfodio brought Islam to North/Nigeria. We call him SHEHU "Mujaddadi", the restorer. Before he came there were cruel leaders in the North who only knew how to enslave and suffer people. However, when SHEHU came & stopped everything and restore better system after going through lots of persecution at the hand of those rulers. Go and read facts not what they always tell u on pulpits, Islam has the best justice system on earth (it takes u to have neutral mind to understand this).
Islam has leadership system that made Sultan to head Islamic affairs, we're not animals to live with no laws or regulations, and hardly u see Muslims protesting against this.
Last time I checked POPE approved same sex marriage as a result of growing public outrage & many Christians hailed his consent. Why is Pope's word respected in Nigeria among Christians?
You have your religion and we've ours, let us respect our accepted principles and guidelines of the religion of each other with no infiltration or blasphemy, I'm sure peace shall reign in the land. Let us for once be tolerance with choice of others & understand that principles, regulations and commandments of our books are our guidance which can't always be common in action and behaviour and direction.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by kabillionaire(m): 11:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
criuze:

In Afikpo south movie
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by funkekemi(f): 11:55pm On Apr 20, 2021
criuze:

lol you no well
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by FarahAideed: 12:35am On Apr 21, 2021
Without him no Nigerian muslim can fast
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Omoodua007: 12:41am On Apr 21, 2021
Leave Yoruba Muslims alone
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by plaindealer: 12:56am On Apr 21, 2021
What is the relevance of Obi of Onitsha outside of iboland?
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 12:56am On Apr 21, 2021
As an enlightened Yoruba Moslem that I am I still can't fathom why Sultan of Sokoto would be the one charged with the responsibility of sighting the moon and announcing it.

The same moon that I see everyday in my village in Igbęsá, Ogun state.

This Modern day slavery has to stop. We can no longer continue to asslick Fulanis in politics, social and religious life.

Henceforth, I ALAGBE MUIZ JAMIU have decided to sight the moon by myself and thus, proceed to fasting instead of waiting for one Sultan of Sokoto in faraway North to dictate to me.

رحمه الله لقول الحقيقة للحكم
rahimah allah laqawl alhaqiqat lilhukm

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by plaindealer: 1:03am On Apr 21, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:
As an enlightened Yoruba Moslem that I am I still can't fathom why Sultan of Sokoto would be the one charged with the responsibility of sighting the moon and announcing it.

The same moon that I see everyday in my village in Igbęsá, Ogun state.

This Modern day slavery has to stop. We can no longer continue to asslick Fulanis in politics, social and religious life.

Henceforth, I ALAGBE MUIZ JAMIU have decided to sight the moon by myself and thus, proceed to fasting instead of waiting for one Sultan of Sokoto in faraway North to dictate to me.

رحمه الله لقول الحقيقة للحكم
rahimah allah laqawl alhaqiqat lilhukm

Silly Igbos..

grin grin
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 1:15am On Apr 21, 2021
plaindealer:

Silly Igbos..

grin grin
lipsrsealed

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Nobody: 3:37am On Apr 21, 2021
Coronabirus:
You are just crying with long epistle that has no paragraph

christians respect the pope, but the pope doesn't tell them when to fast or not

He doesn't tell them when to take communion or not etc

Yoruba Muslims can also respect the sultan (this is not even the king of Saudi for crying out loud) while been able to sight the moon themselves

If Islam came to Yoruba muslims before north then why are yoruba Muslim Kings not sighting moon for Northerner Muslims?

Talking of leadership, would Yoruba Muslims die if their oba Muslims are the ones sighting moon?

Is Muslim leadership only meant for fulanis?

Before north and south was merged was Yoruba Muslims not sighting moon for itself?

If north and south split can Yoruba Muslim not sight moon for itself?

Abdul, my fulani muslim friend you are not clever at all, same lies Usman Dan Fodio used to subjugate hausas

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Nobody: 3:44am On Apr 21, 2021
As usual no Yoruba Muslim can answer this

Fulani slave masters had to come crying seeing their lies are been shattered
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Sammy07: 4:08am On Apr 21, 2021
criuze:

You,can't lie to me bro.

Enugu and Eboyin have substantial Igbo Muslims

Even Owere central mosque, isn't the chief imam Igbo?
Go to akpanaya, eteh, nsukka. And see them.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by ariesbull: 4:16am On Apr 21, 2021
Sammy07:

You,can't lie to me bro.

Enugu and Eboyin have substantial Igbo Muslims
and as an Igbo man yet I have not seen them....is it audio Igbo muslin or online ones

I will need to see one
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Sammy07: 4:21am On Apr 21, 2021
ariesbull:
and as an Igbo man yet I have not seen them....is it audio Igbo muslin or online ones

I will need to see one

Lol, go to uwanna Afikpo in eboyin south local government.
The ansarudeen Muslim school wey dey there, who dey go there?

If you go to fed poly unwana you will hear names like chioma mohammed etc. They even have a big islamic school there.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by ariesbull: 4:56am On Apr 21, 2021
Sammy07:

If you go to fed poly unwana you will hear names like chioma mohammed etc. They even have a big islamic school there.

So i need to go all the way to uwanna afikpo and see an Igbo Muslim this is ridiculous

Do you even know if I am from that zone, do you know Ishaigu ? Thats my place

....I am yet to see Igbo Muslim maybe they are hiding in uwanna poly maybe they are 00000.1% because the Igbo man detest Islam..they cant be proud to profess their Islam

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Ofodirinwa: 5:20am On Apr 21, 2021
Mikehot:

Dan Fodio did not bring islam to Nigeria or the north
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Sammy07: 6:00am On Apr 21, 2021
ariesbull:

So i need to go all the way to uwanna afikpo and see an Igbo Muslim this is ridiculous

Do you even know if I am from that zone, do you know Ishaigu ? Thats my place

....I am yet to see Igbo Muslim maybe they are hiding in uwanna poly maybe they are 00000.1% because the Igbo man detest Islam..they cant be proud to profess their Islam

At least there are Igbo Muslims.
Oga that you haven't seen doesn't mean E no dey.

Chief imam of oweere central mosque is igbo

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 21, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

Dan Fodio did not bring islam to Nigeria or the north
Is that why Yoruba Muslims need fulani to sight moon for them
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by ariesbull: 9:07am On Apr 21, 2021
Sammy07:

At least there are Igbo Muslims.
Oga that you haven't seen doesn't mean E no dey.

Chief imam of oweere central mosque is igbo
anyone can use any name....sk any igbo man.....igbo muslim are rare ....i haven't seen any

You can argue
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Edeyoung: 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2021
Yorubas free yourself from the north......

Only when Yorubas are free only then the entire south will be united

I urge all Yorubas far and wide to denounce islam

The way our edo north brothers are currently doing

Islam is a cancer to growth and development

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by ThumbzTNA(m): 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2021
Sammy07:

Any small thing, they will shout go to unwana in Afikpo and you'll see Muslims.

I'm from Afikpo so let me lecture you small

Unwana is in Afikpo north and not Afikpo South, so you're welcome my from the beginning.

In Afikpo, only Afikpo North has small Muslims, Afikpo South has 0% Muslims

In Afikpo South, There are like 6 towns in Afikpo

- Amasiri has the largest population in Afikpo with 0% Muslims

- Ehugbo is number 2 with 0% Muslims

- Ndibe has no Muslims

- Akpoha has no Muslims

- Ugwulangwu has no Muslims

- Only Unwana has Muslims. And even in the town there are still more Christians than Muslims.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Sammy07: 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

Any small thing, they will shout go to unwana in Afikpo and you'll see Muslims.

I'm from Afikpo so let me lecture you small

Unwana is in Afikpo north and not Afikpo South, so you're welcome my from the beginning.

In Afikpo, only Afikpo North has small Muslims, Afikpo South has 0% Muslims

In Afikpo South, There are like 6 towns in Afikpo

- Amasiri has the largest population in Afikpo with 0% Muslims

- Ehugbo is number 2 with 0% Muslims

- Ndibe has no Muslims

- Akpoha has no Muslims

- Ugwulangwu has no Muslims

- Only Unwana has Muslims. And even in the town there are still more Christians than Muslims.

And so what are we saying?

Are there Igbo Muslims or not?

And BTW afikpo is in eboyin south LGA that's why I said
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by ThumbzTNA(m): 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2021
Sammy07:

And so what are we saying?

Are there Igbo Muslims or not?

And BTW afikpo is in eboyin south LGA that's why I said

There is no LGA like Ebonyi South either. Why don't you stick to things you know so you'd not be fumbling online like this. it's embarrassing
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by Sammy07: 11:01pm On Apr 23, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

There is no LGA like Ebonyi South either. Why don't you stick to things you know so you'd not be fumbling online like this. it's embarrassing

You are d
raft.
It was a typo I meant eboyin south senatorial district.

If I don't know, I won't tell you there is one ansarudeen there. undecided
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Sultan Of Sokoto Outside The North? by EzeNri(m): 8:09am On Apr 24, 2021
The Alafin is a moslem, why can't yoruba Moslems elevate them to the position of Kalifa?

The reason is simple.

Check Hausa history, Yoruba is listed as one of the 7 Banza Hausa states

(1) (Reply)

Posting My Picture To Celebrate The Beginning Of My Mid-lifer's Crisis . / Guys,why Do Boys Wear Beads Like These Nowadays? / Yorubas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.